“Late Night Gem” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kevin Barry's

Kevin Barry's
117 W River St, Savannah, GA 31401-1102 (Downtown)
912-233-9626
Neighborhood: Downtown
Valdosta, GA
“Late Night Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We ended up at Kevin Barry’s twice in four days during our recent trip to Savannah. The first time was on a Sunday and we were looking for a late night drink. We also heard from our hotel that there would be live music. Gabriel Donohue was an amazing performer that really made us feel included. He asked if we were on our honeymoon (we weren’t) and even played us an Irish love song. The second time we visited was after our ghost tour. It got out kind of late and the majority of places had stopped serving food. My husband had the shrimp pasta and I had traditional bangers and mash. I loved mine and the server mentioned that the sausage was made in house. I will say that the service was slow both nights and our waitress was not very friendly the second night. But we will still be back. Amazing little find.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
kbpub, Guest Relations Manager at Kevin Barry's, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
lani_marie

I am so glad you enjoyed Kevin Barry's! We are pleased that you enjoyed your dinner as well as our live entertainment! I do apologize for the service. Kevin Barry's takes great pride in making sure all of our guests feel right at home. Please contact me at 912-233-9626 and tell me who the server was so we can speak to them.

We look forward to having you back!

Kevin Barry's

“Great Entertainment but Lousy Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Gabriel Donohue was the live entertainment. He was Fantastic. Great night of music. He is personable, quite the musician, and entertainer. If you love Irish music, he is the one to hear. They add a two dollar cover charge to your bill, per person. That is cheap for this type of entertainment.
Okay, now for the negative. Our waitress was terrible. Totally ignored us after bringing us drinks. We finally had to get a guy working there to take our food order. I watched the waitress wait on others who came in after us and they got food before us. However, she seemed disorganized overall. The guy was good.
Go for the music, not the waitress.
Oh, the men's room was filthy. FYI.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
kbpub, Public Relations Manager at Kevin Barry's, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Coffeeisready

First allow me tell you how sorry I am for the service you received. It is Kevin Barry's first priority to make sure our guests feel welcome and properly taken care of by our staff! Can you please call me at 912-233-9626 and ask for Tara (or if I am not here please leave me a message)? Please let me know what night you visited? I would assume the night of the 3rd as per your review, but I want to be sure before I address this situation with the staff.

We are, however, glad you enjoyed the entertainment! We love having Gabriel Donohue in house performing! Please come back and visit us soon and enjoy our other talented performers!

Tara Reese
Plattsville, Ont
“Good food fantastic entertainment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I went to this irish pub because we heard there was entertainment. I had the fish and chips and my husband had the shepherds pie. My fish was just nicely lightly battered and the chips were fantastic. My husband said his shepherds pie had too much potato and not enough meat.
Then JJ came on stage and he was fantastic. I loved that he got the crowd participating. He has a great voice and is a real entertainer. I laughed so hard at some songs, my stomach hurt.
If we were here longer we would go back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
kbpub, Public Relations Manager at Kevin Barry's, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Barrshar

I wanted to take a moment and apologize that your husband felt like there was too much potato on his shepherd pie and not enough meat. Our Shepherds pie is one of the signature items on our menu and we always strive to make sure it is perfect. We hope you come back again and give it another try!

We are happy to hear how much you enjoyed JJ and we hope in a future visit you are able to enjoy our other talented musicians!

Best,
Kevin Barry's Staff
“Cover charge added”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in here for a late dinner and drinks. We were told we could sit anywhere and we grabbed a seat in the back where live music later started being performed. There ended up being a $2 cover charge per person on the bill for that. I didn't find the entertainment that great. We ordered a pizza from the appetizer menu, and it was absolutely delicious!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
kbpub, Public Relations Manager at Kevin Barry's, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you for stopping by Kevin Barry's Irish Pub and we are glad you enjoyed the pizza from our appetizer menu.

As you walk into the music room you should have seen a sign stating there was a $2 cover. My most sincere apologies if it was in a place where it could be over looked.

We look forward to having you again

Culver City
“Nice place to chat or listen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Ended up here 4 times in 5 days, pleasant place. Loved listening to music in a small venue without it being too noisy or loud. Also went back just to hang out with friends and enjoy whiskey and Guinness. Never had a meal there, so can't really say anything about the food. Snack tray we bought was tasty. Loved that there were no TVs and that the balcony had AC (was a hot time).

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
kbpub, Public Relations Manager at Kevin Barry's, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
David

We are so glad you enjoyed Kevin Barry's Pub in Savannah, GA. We pride ourselves on the fact we do not have televisions to distract people from having old fashion "face time". Next time you visit us enjoy our special of the day that allows our talented chiefs to showcase their creations.

Kevin Barry's Staff