“excellent food/location--service slow” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bayou Cafe

Bayou Cafe
14 N Abercorn St, Savannah, GA 31401-1237 (Downtown)
Website
Neighborhood: Downtown
Indiana
“excellent food/location--service slow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We had a group of eight and everyone loved our food choices...and we had a picky group! Unfortunately, the service was very slow but we had time to spare. There was a small outdoor seating area but we ate inside for lunch.

Visited November 2012

Huntsville, Alabama
“Good gumbo, jambalaya and chowder.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Some would consider this place a dive...but we have been twice now. We always get the soup sampler to enjoy a variety of flagons. Never disappoints!

Visited November 2012
Cocoa, Florida
“Quaint, fun pub with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We visited The Bayou Cafe on a whim after looking at all of the menus displayed outside of the neighboring restaurants. The atmosphere was fun both inside and outside. The service was good - our server knew just when we needed her and disappeared when we didn't. The menu offered a nice variety and the prices were very reasonable, too. My husband had a reuben sandwich and I had a pulled pork sandwich. He would have enjoyed the sandwich more if the usual thousand island dressing had been on the sandwich when it was prepared instead of offered on the side. My pulled pork was supposed to come on a kaiser roll but was served on something that looked like Texas toast. There was so much meat on mine that it literally fell out of the bread all over my french fries! I'm not complaining, trust me! The servings were big enough that we could have shared one sandwich and had plenty to go around. I asked for hot tea (it was kind of cool and we were sitting outside) and since they didn't offer it, our server heated up a cup of iced tea for me without my even having to ask her to do so. We'll definitely go back to The Bayou Cafe the next time we visit Savannah, GA.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Red Deer, Canada
“Great Music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We ended up here twice on our recent trip, didnt eat, bu got to enjoy some AMAZING music and entertainment. the bartender was great, the atmosphere fun

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
East TN
“Great seafood with a cajun flair”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

We wanted some good seafood, not fried, but fresh. We found it, with a view. I had the shrimp scampi, hôt version. My wife had the sampler of three entrees. She got a generous portion of jambalàya, corn and crab chowder and red beans and rice. It was great! We compared menues and price, this was the real deal. Add in a view of the savannah river and there you go.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere