“Wonderful restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Elizabeth On Thirty Seventh is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 772 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Drayton St.
Midland, TX
“Wonderful restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We had read many reviews of Elizabeth's and so were a bit nervous about what to expect. The good reviews raved but the less than favorable ones gave us some pause. This is a very pricey restaurant, so be prepared. I have to admit that we didn't get that much opportunity to look through the mansion, but the room where we dined was lovely. The service was good, but the entrees were very slow in arriving. We were not in any hurry but it was noticeable. A teeny little mussel comes as a complimentary appetizer and it is small but mighty - great flavors. It is followed by an equally teeny bowl of complimentary soup - but it's enough for you to appreciate the flavors. My snapper was delicious and the asiago crust was fantastic. We all did share a slice of their famous spongecake which I would say was good but not spectacular. All in all, a very delightful (and expensive!) dinner. It was worth the price to experience a bit of Savannah that is off of the beaten path.

Visited April 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Savannah at it's Finest!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I hosted a dinner for 16 guests for a 50th Birthday Celebration. An Amazing evening! Morgen and the entire staff were Excellent. When were arrived, we were warmly greeted and lead to the private courtyard for a cocktail hour. We had the Peach Whiskey Tea and hors d’oeuvres, we knew at this point it was going to be a memorable evening. After the cocktail hour we proceeded to a private dining room on the second floor. We felt like we had the entire house to ourselves. Service and food was beyond expectations. Every course was delicious. When in Savannah, do yourself and treat yourself a dining experience you will remember for a lifetime.

• Visited May 2014
New York City, New York
“Savannah Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Spent a 3 day weekend in Savannah and tried to hit all of the best restaurants. I would say Elizabeth's on 37th was the most gourmet. The ingredients were so fresh, literally herbs from their garden and the potato encrusted red snapper special I had was amazing. Service was impeccable and the atmosphere was very charming. A few drawbacks, It is off the beaten path and you will have to take a cab if you're staying in the historic district. Cabs in Savannah aren't the easiest to come by but the restaurant will call one for you when you are finished. And I didn't love the front room that we sat in, if you can ask to be seated in the main dining room I would recommend it. Definitely worth the trip and money for an amazing meal in Savannah.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Elegant and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

My husband and I had our anniversary here. We were seated at a romantic table nestled into a corner by a soothing fireplace. The atmosphere is elegant, the food is great and the service is attentive and thorough. We had Half Moon River Clams as appetizer. My husband ordered Double Cut Berkshire Pork Chop and I ordered Spicy Savannah Red Rice with Georgia Shrimp. All foods are delicious with elegant presentation. The price was high but we really enjoyed the night.

• Visited April 2014
Savannah, Georgia
“As good the second time...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We ate at Elizabeth's when we moved to Savannah and went back on one of our final nights and it has not changed, as delicious as ever. I had the Savannah Red Rice and my wife got the Salmon. Both were delicious. Service was great and very attentive. Due to a mix up we ended up with two deserts and both were great. I would recommend Elizabeth's to anyone visiting Savannah.

• Visited March 2014