“Southern Charm” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mrs Wilkes

Mrs Wilkes
107 West Jones Street, Savannah, GA 31401-4507 (Downtown)
912 232 5997
Neighborhood: Downtown
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Southern Charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The Wilkes' one of Savannas best family style restaurants large portions and amazing food!
Get in line before the doors open or you will be sorry.

Visited February 2012

Beaufort, South Carolina
“Eat here for good southern food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

If you like good traditional southern food, you will like this place. This type of food is not my favorite but I like this place. Tons of veggies. It did feel a bit rushed but then I expected that. I like sitting family style and meeting people from different places including regulars. Dessert was nothing special but the chicken was the best! This is my mom's favorite place so I am sure that I will be back. I don't understand why anyone would go to Lady and Son's when the food is so much better here. I guess it is the famous name because it can not be the food.
By the way, we had no wait. I guess it was off season.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dade Ci
“The best Home cooking in Savannah!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Family style and great eats. Worth standing in line and eating in the middle of the day. The bad news is they are always closed in January!

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Florissant, Missouri
“If you like southern, you'll love Mrs. Wilkes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Best southern soul food I have ever had. The fried chicken tastes just like my great grandmother's. Too many sides to list, but definitely try the collard greens and black eye peas, you will have a new appreciation for these two classics. Served family style, make friends with the people you meet in line, they will be your dinner companions. We were lucky enough to have a great mix of people which made the experience that much more enjoyable. The locals even eat here. Be aware they are only open M-F 11-2 and closed in January. I hear the lines in the spring and fall go around the block, but we were fortunate and just waited about 30 minutes having arrived at 11:30 on a Tuesday.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando, Florida
“You must eat here! Best food in savannah!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We had to get up and wait in line along the street to get into the restaurant around 10am. It was worth the wait and the price was right...considering all the food they serve you! I was so busy stuffing my face that I didn't even pay attention to all the people we were sitting with. It is a large round table and you sit with multiple other guests. There is no ordering..they immediately serve you with dozens of southern dishes. There were so many dishes to try. This is no place to go if you are on a diet...this experience is meant to be splurged! This is a MUST for anyone visiting savannah...and did I mention it is 100x better than the Lady & Sons?

• Visited October 2012