“Good group activity but kinda a live version of GLEE” 4 of 5 stars

222, Should merge this review with Savannah Theater, Savannah, GA
Improve this listing
charlotte, nc
20 attraction reviews
“Good group activity but kinda a live version of GLEE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I recently took a group of 8 women to Savannah and planned some activities for us. This was one. I'll have to say from the reviews that I had very high hopes and for me personally,,,,,it fell short BUT several of my other friends just LOVED, I mean LOVED it! So - for me it was a 3 and for them a 5 so I settled on a 4 rating.

Here's what to expect:
1st half of the show - starts off lively and fun with a pop song, then a couple of less exciting group songs and then whoa - wait...what happened....now they are singing "somewhere over the rainbow (ugh) and then an opera song? So yes, there is variety but hmmm... not for me I guess.

Highlight of 1st half of the show was their rendition of STOMP - very good/fun

2nd half of the show - WAY better for me personally - they did more comical renditions of songs with wigs on/ fun outfits - much more lively and fun. I would say for what it is - a little pricey after all the fees but again ($41)- my other friends thought it was worth every penny.

I will add - this was safe for pretty much all ages except super young kids - I would say for 5yrs and up.

Doylestown, Ohio
7 attraction reviews
“NOT TO BE MISSED!”

Located in Savannah's Historic District, the
architectural structure of this long-standing
building is enough on its own worth a visit.
However, what really counts here is the
entertainment...not to be missed!

BRADENTON FL
4 attraction reviews
“Savannah live”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

It lived up to its reputation, soooo entertaining. It was the quickest 2 hrs, the singer/entertainers were all the best, comedy thrown in, audience participation. Would definately see it again!

Safety Harbor, Florida
“Savannah Live Rocks! A MUST SEE while in Savannah!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband, my parents & I were all visiting Savannah for the 1st time & found the Savannah Theatre on Trip Advisor. We decided to purchase tickets to the Savannah Live show & are SO GLAD we did. We were able to get front row seats which were outstanding & the show was amazing. All the performers are great singers & dancers. We enjoyed the show so much that we took advantage of purchasing tickets to the 2nd show for 1/2 off & went to see Jukebox Journey as well the following night. I highly recommend seeing either of these shows while you are in Savannah. It was one of the highlights of our vacation & a great value as well.

Fairmont, West Virginia
“Oglethorpe touring”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I toured with a group of six women and we all had a different opinion on when and where to go. We accidentally turned into the Oglethorpe bus touring station which was next to another bus touring company. That turn was our lucky turn. We did have to wait about twenty minutes for our trolley but that was our ONLY wait for the day.
The tour itself was wonderful. Our guide was a wonderfully Southern gentleman who delivered an informative and humorous tour. Savannah needs no words really so we had the view of the city plus his immensely informative talk.
The rest of the day, Oglethorpe took care of us. We met one of our members daughter and various other places and all we had to do was call the company and we were picked up? Everyone was so cordial. Oglethorpe aims to please and it does!