“Best ghost tour I've been on!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 120 Tours & Activities in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: Afterlife Tours is the only walking tour in historic Savannah, Georgia that features REAL paranormal evidence captured at every stop on the tour. Every location on the tour has been investigated by Savannah's own Savannah Ghost Research Society, and all histories have been thoroughly researched. We disprove all of the folklore surrounding Savannah's ghostly history and tell you why the places are REALLY haunted. Evidence from Afterlife Tours and the Savannah Ghost Research Society have been featured on A&E Biography's hit television show "My Ghost Story: Caught on Camera."
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Best ghost tour I've been on!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

After reading all the positive reviews on tripadvisor and visiting the Afterlife Tours website, my husband and I decided to go on one of their 10pm tours, and we absolutely loved it! Rather than just reciting the local legends in a scary costume, Afterlife Tours takes things more seriously, which is exactly what I wanted. Not only are they members of the historical society, which gives them access to records concerning the locations visited during the tour, they are serious paranormal investigators who have done investigations in many of the locations themselves. They also have a local television show and have appeared on A&E several times. From their investigations, they've gathered voice recordings for almost every location on the tour, which they play for everyone via iPad. They even had a couple of ghostly videos to show. I've never actually been frightened on a ghost tour before, but their stories of personal experience and of encounters had by people who previously took the tour, as well as their voice recordings, really stuck with me. That's a big reason why I loved it so much, because shouldn't a ghost tour be truly scary?

Visited September 2013

“Spooky tour with first-hand stories with a guide that is passionate about what he does.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

When we showed up at Telfair Square for our 10 o'clock tour we didn't really know what to expect. Ryan walked up in all black and immediately started talking to us about what we were in for. There were ten of us total and he let us ask all kinds of questions along the way. The thing I liked the most about the tour was he has really investigated all the places he showed us and he had real evidence from each stop. You could tell he was really passionate about everything he was talking about. It was very interesting. I would highly recommend this tour over others especially if you don't want the theatrics that might go along with some of the other tours.

Brampton, Canada
27 attraction reviews
“Exactly what I wanted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was wanting a non-kitchy, non-touristy tour of the paranormal activity in Savannah. This was the tour to take. Ryan was full of so much information and was more then happy to answer any and all questions. This tour was enhanced by EVP evidence and some video footage from their actual investigations. CREEPY!!!!
Loved this tour and would do it again. Really recommend!!!

“Great Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

There are a lot of ghost tours to choose from. We went with this one even others had more reviews because it was rated the highest and to be honest, it was one of the only ones that had an earlier time (8pm). This tour was much different and better than expected. Ryan, who I think is the owner, only takes you to places that he has fully investigated. Ryan also has a company, 3D Ghost Hunters, in which he does paranormal investigations. There area a lot of ghosts and ghost legends in Savannah. This tour will take you to the places Ryan has EVP evidence for. He also stops at a few places and tells you why the legends cannot be backed by evidence. His investigations include gathering EVP evidence as well has scouring the history records to see if the story makes sense. I thought this was much more credible than the tours that just pass along the same story even if it might not be true. The EVP evidence that he plays will make your skin crawl.

To rebute Heidi R's negative review, while everyone is entitled to their opinion it sounds like she is a skeptic. I am not sure why someone who is so skeptical would go on a ghost tour and expect to be impressed. She is correct, if you are looking for an overwhelming history lesson, this is not the tour for you, it is a GHOST tour; so I am not sure why she was going for a history lesson. This a tour to go on to make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. There are plenty of other tours that give you a history lesson. Although, I will note though that Ryan taught me several things on this tour that other "history" tours did not. I am not sure why she thought this was so terrible, it was exactly what I expected. The EVP sounds are not all crystal clear but you can tell what they are saying. And for the comment that he tells the same stories as others, of course he does! He goes to all of the places that have ghost legends to investigate them, if he proves the legend is real then he takes you there. What the other tours are missing is evidence. There are a few famous places that Ryan does not take you, such as the Surell/Weed House, but that is because he has not yet investigated them.

If you want a tour with real evidence then go on this tour! It was a great experience and much better than the fake theatrical tours I have been on!

Visited September 2013
“Best ghost tour in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This tour was incredible. I was not expecting it to be this amazing to be honest. Ryan was an amazing tour guide. He was very down to earth and even skeptical himself at times. He doesn't try to sell you urban legends and things that sound cool but never happened. He focuses on real evidence that he captured backed by history and real documents. Almost every stop on the tour he had some type of audio (evp) recording to listen to from his ipad and all of them were very clear audibly. Overall i would rate this an A+ tour and must see if you are visiting savannah.