“Surprisingly wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dessert
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dessert
“Surprisingly wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

One of my lesser quests in life is to find The Best Chicken Salad. I believe I have found it now, at Joe's.

We found the place on our way out of Savannah, at the start of our trip home. All the food was fabulous. My husband had a pulled pork sandwich, and I liked that too, even though I typically don't like BBQ. With my salad, I had iced green tea - and while it's very often bitter at restaurants, at Joe's it was smooth and flavorful.

We weren't going to eat dessert until Joe came over and started describing the details of each of the desserts. His passion for his edible artwork is contagious! We were glad we allowed ourselves to be persuaded; the desserts are indeed worth exercising for.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
“Highly recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Short drive from the historic district and very worth it! Tiny cafe with some delicious sandwiches and desserts. The service is awesome and the chef is very friendly. I had the chicken panini with pesto and roasted red peppers. I think it was the best bread and combination of flavors I have ever tasted! Yum... I could eat one right now!

Visited June 2014
savannah, GA
“FABULOUS CAKES!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

My boss discovered this petite (and I do mean petite) restaurant in Savannah about 2 months ago after having a delightful and tasty lunch there. He suggested we try their cakes for our monthly employee birthday recognition. The first cake was red velvet -- the most delicious red velvet cake ever. How do I know that? Aside from eating a nicely-sized slice myself (and thinking about it for the rest of the day), the entire (huge) cake was gone by noon. Usually a cake can sit for days until someone finally has mercy on it and throws it out.

The second cake was carrot. Oh my gosh! Not only was the cake delish, but the icing was fantastic! The same result -- gone by noon. I have not yet tried Joe's Homemade for lunch, but I have to say the folks who were eating there had cleaned their plates .. so that says something! To make the experience even better - the two men who run the place are the nicest you'll ever meet. So try it out.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brooksville, Florida
“good place to eat healthy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We picked this place based on reviews on trip advisor in order to meet dietary restrictions A little hard to find but well worth the trouble. Owner took very good care of us and the food was wonderful. We would go here again. Be aware that it is a very small place but very quaint.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
chattanooga,tn
“Great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Very tasty food. Great quality. Even though my Christian wife would not have gone if she knew it was owned by a gay couple, she was glad she did. Only has room for 10 close guest. Some outside. Chef lets u taste a sample dessert. My salad was fresh and topped with five different tasy option. I tried the peanut soup but it was too peanuuty for me. The other people having sandwiches were very satisfied. They do mostly catering. Great value for money.