“A place of imagination, creativity, and learning!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 117 attractions in Savannah
Type: Children's Museums
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Exploration Station is the first phase of Savannah Children's Museum. It is a one-acre, completely outdoor exhibit area that has been designed by highly qualified educators to promote learning through play. Programming to integrate a richer educational experience for your family is available daily.
“A place of imagination, creativity, and learning!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

The Savannah Children's Museum is not your typical museum, it's better! As an educator, I have taken children on several different learning journeys. The young students are always drawn to the hands on activities. There is no end to the amount of activities that inspire children's imagination at SCM. From dramatic play full of play clothes to a sensory garden, this place is packed with learning opportunities for all ages. I thoroughly enjoyed bringing students to this amazing place and highly recommending a visit!

Visited May 2012

New Jersey
“So much fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I can't possibly say enough good things about this place! We figured we'd check out the museum and maybe kill an hour before lunch, but we ended up staying four hours because our kids would...not...leave. It's a small space but there were SO many things to do. Slides, a gyro, giant building blocks, musical instruments, digging for seashells, a huge garden, a fun maze, a costume play area, trucks, oversized Connect 4, a storybook nook...and I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting a few things. One of the highlights of our vacation. My only complaint? I wish it were located in New Jersey. We'd be here every week if we lived local. Not sure why people are complaining about the cost -- $7.50 for three or four hours of hands-on entertainment is way cheaper than staring at a movie screen for two hours. The boys have spent the whole night begging to go back there. Beyond impressed.

Visited April 2013
Savannah, GA Unitted States
“Amazing, fun, hands on museum for children”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have taken my grandson to Savannah Children's Museum numerous time. They have well thought out events that involve both children and their parents. In Oct. we attended Tricks, Treats, and Trains which was Halloween theamed. In Dec. we enjoyed Santa Train and got into the Christmas spirit as seen only through the eyes of a child. The Eggstravaganza in March was great fun. My grandchild participated in Easter crafts, rode the steam engine train, and had a blast searching for eggs with other children. Playing and exploring in Exploration Station is a frequent event in our household. What fun kids have dressing up, discovering hidden areas to play in with lots of hands on toys, walking through a large maze, and zooming down huge slides. This is a great place and I've learned that the new inside museum will be coming in just a few years. We'll be there to discover everything it has to offer. Savannah is very lucky to have such a place for its children.

Visited March 2013
Savannah, Georgia
“We love the Children's Museum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We come to the Children's Museum every chance we get, sometimes just our family and sometimes play dates with friends. My son just turned 7 and we've been members for about a year. Besides the playground, maze, dress-up area, reading nook, building blocks, musical instruments and large size Connect 4 game, they have a beautiful garden and if you're lucky you can meet their resident Hortace the Tortoise! They also offer classes, crafts and activities year round!

Visited March 2013
“Awesome, unique children's museum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

We've been to quite a few children's museums, all around the county but I've never seen one as unique as this one. So many fun, educational exhibits. All hands-on and interactive. Entire outdoor space is fenced in, so kids are safe. Also, the daily/weekly events are so creative (arts and crafts/science)! My 5 year olds favorite exhibits were the maze and the huge foam engineering blocks. We're looking forward to the daily water activities during the summer!

Visited April 2013