“Can't recommend Steve Ellis enough!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 166 Activities in Savannah
Type: Walking tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: As a 4th generation Savannahian, former city firefighter, and the great grandson of a founding Park & Tree Commissioner, Steve Ellis has a passion for the history of his native city and many years of experience as a tour guide. Choose one of three 90-minute walking tours in Savannah's beautiful historic district: "The First Six Squares: The Oglethorpe Era," "King Cotton, Slavery and the Civil War," or an evening "Pirate Pub Crawl." $25 for adults, with discounts for groups, children and during winter.
Orlando, Florida
37 attraction reviews
“Can't recommend Steve Ellis enough!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Planning on a ghost tour when visiting Savannah, friends recommended we check out Steve Ellis as they had enjoyed his tour. It was a little confusing at first as we had called him personally and he told us to meet him at one of the many parks just across from where you can buy tickets for tours (he works with a tour company). We were 1st a little confused as he told us just to show up and when we inquired of people also waiting around, we weren't sure what was up. We asked a guide setting up and she informed us Steve was one of the guides. We opted to go with Steve as the group grew to about 50 people. He walked us around and as other reviews state, he is a multi-generational former Savannah firefighter with great family and historic stories. I would highly recommend ensuring you stick with Steve!

Visited October 2013

Savannah, Georgia, United States
“My daughter's 1st Ghost Tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Tonight I took my daughter on her first ghost tour. I think we found the perfect guide for her evening. She is an avid reader and enjoys history and facts. Steve shared so much of Savannah's early history during our tour. He had many facts and was very informative. We enjoyed the educational evening.

Visited October 2013
Savannah, Georgia
“Entertaining and Informative”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My husband and I took Steve's tour for something different for our anniversary. We live in Savannah and still found out tons of information. My husband was reluctant to go but afterward said he really enjoyed it. After our time with Steve we then went to get some gourmet chocolate from Adam's on Broughton St.

Visited September 2013
seattle
“Fun & Fascinating Ghost Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were visiting from Seattle and really enjoyed our walking ghost tour with Steve Ellis. Not only is he a great storyteller, captivating everyone with the local ghost lore, but he is incredibly knowledgeable about the history of Savannah. We were so enthralled that Steve kept going past time to share even more great stories. I would highly recommend this walking tour over the trolley tours, as you stop and really feel immersed in your surroundings, rather than just driving by. If you're ever in town, defintely check out Steve's tour to learn more about Savannah's spooky past.

Visited September 2013
Charleston, SC
3 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Tour Guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I had the privilege of taking a tour with Steve on my recent trip to Savannah and there is no better guide to have. I am always thrilled to have a local as a guide, and Steve knows the in and outs of Savannah, right down to the last square. His depth of knowledge and ability to tell mountains of historical information in an incredibly entertaining format is what being a tour guide is all about. He is definitely one of the better guides I've ever had. And I am harsh judge of tour guides, as I have been a tour guide in Charleston, SC for 18 years. Don't let this tour pass you by!

Visited August 2013