“great” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #123 of 722 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, Bar, Family Fare, Eclectic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Go where the LOCALS go... The 5 Spot is a casual neighborhood kitchen and bar in Habersham Village, serving a modern American menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

It's crowded at night. Had to wait over half an hour for a table. But food is good. Taste great and price reasonable. Ingredients are fresh as well. Both hostess and server are great.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Beaufort, South Carolina
“Tasty Food, Great Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Had heard about this place and finally stopped in for lunch after some Christmas shopping. Though on the small side, we both really liked the atmosphere. The main dining area opens up to the bar, so I imagine it gets crowded at night. Because we were here for an early lunch, we did not try anything from the bar-but there appeared to be some interesting beers on tap and mixed drinks.

The menu has a variety of options, many of which sounded delicious and all seem priced very well. I had the Cuban sandwich with a side of their collards specialty. The Cuban was really tasty, full of BBQ pork and ham, along with sliced pickles and a homemade mustard. The collards were pretty good. They were cooked just perfectly-but could have used a RA's bit more seasoning. My wife had the blue cheese steak salad and she said it was amazing.

Though the restaurant was crowded, our food came out quickly and was hot. Only real complaint was our waitress. She was not attentive nor was she friendly. Maybe a bad day for her?

Overall, We would recommend this place for a good bite to eat. We will definitely try this place again, hopefully at supper so we can check out the bar scene.

Savannah, Georgia, United States
“Simply Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

This 5 Spot is with a couple of blocks from my house. I remember being excited when it opened. Well, I've tried in on five different occasions now and it's disappointing at minimum, completely unacceptable at worst. Today, I decided to try it again, forgoing dining in, in favor of grabbing an order of eggs benedict to go. When I got it home, the eggs are literally HARD boiled, the meat is charred, and the muffin is hard.
The place was busy. But this is the type of the experience I have at The 5 Spot consistently. I've learned my lesson. NEVER AGAIN.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Good Food...Server Lacking...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Stopped in at The 5 Spot for lunch...We were quickly seated...the server acted like she had rather be anywhere but at The 5 Spot...hardly spoke....never smiled....needless to say, not a great beginning. I ordered a side salad and a baked potato - the salad was good, the potato was not ho tand was as if it had been sitting in the kitchen for hours! The pecan chicken salad croissant was delicious...on the 3rd order, there was a mix-up. The person ordered the Cuban but got the Reuben instead! I guess because the two rhyme???! He said, however, that the Reuben was very good! Our server never came back until the end of the meal to even bring water! Such a shame as the meal was overall good! Management should be observing servers attitudes and engagement with patrons! The people that I was there with said that they usually have very friendly and attentive servers! We didn't order drinks, but the drink menu looked wonderful, especially with the organic liquors, liqueurs, etc. Regardless of how great the food is, a less than good server can spoil the experience! I 'll go back,..

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Savannah, Georgia
“The 10 Spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

5 out of 5! 10 out of 10! From food to service, EVERYTHING was great! I had the nachos with chicken. My wife had the crab sandwich and sister in law had the veg burger. We also split the chocolate cake. It hit the 5 spot! (Kandace our server made GREAT suggestions and was one of the Best servers I have EVER associated with! Knowledgeable, personable and informative) We definitely will be coming back! Hopefully soon.