“Ehhh, breakfast” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #169 of 774 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, Eclectic, Bar, Family Fare
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Go where the LOCALS go... The 5 Spot is a casual neighborhood kitchen and bar in Habersham Village, serving a modern American menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Florida
“Ehhh, breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was our first visit to this restaurant. Seated by a super friendly hostess. Neat, modern atmosphere. We ordered breakfast on a Friday morning, and it was just ehhhh. The waitress was a little aloof. She mixed up our drink orders, and then mixed up our food orders. My bacon was fantastic. That wasn't the best thing tho. Their sausage gravy is to die for. I mean yuuuuuuummmy! Their drop biscuits are also very good. My eggs were supposed to be over medium, but they were ROCK HARD. My grits were very bland. No salt, no pepper = no taste. Hubby ordered the steak and eggs. For some reason his steak came already cut up. It was weird. The man RIGHT next to us ordered the same thing and his steak came out whole. What is up with that? His potatoes were kind of blah, no seasoning, and he stole half my sausage gravy to eat with his biscuit. Overall, I think the waitress just didn't care about taking our order or listening to us when we ordered.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Savannah, GA
“Just so-so for dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I've lunched at this restaurant on several occasions and tried several items on the menu, and have been quite satisfied with my choices. The lunch experiences prompted me to dine with my husband and friends recently for dinner.

The dinner menu wasn't particularly appetizing, as it had a lot of the luncheon items. I ordered the flank steak and was underwhelmed with the presentation. The meat was overcooked, and the rice and beans sides were just ordinary. A friend ordered the BBQ chicken salad, a dish that I've had more than once myself, but it did not compare favorably. There was less chicken in the salad, and the presentation was a bit messy. Perhaps the lunch and dinner staff are not the same. The fried green tomato BLT wasn't a hit either. My husband's salmon entrée was nicely prepared and seasoned to his taste, but the portion was very small for a dinner portion.

Five spot is a friendly place to enjoy breakfast or lunch. The wait staff provides a good level of service throughout the meal. As for dinner, I don't see us giving it another try, but I will continue to stop in for breakfast and lunch with friends.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Savannah, Georgia
“Early Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We recently moved to Savannah - found out about The 5 Spot from a friend. Got there a bit early on a Friday. The area is really neat - shops, and such. Would have never found it by driving around. From the menu that night we had the Chili for starters, which was great - just enough edge to be just right. We ordered the Salmon, Shrimp and Grits. Both were incredible. We will be back, and will spread the word. This is a great spot if you are looking for something a bit off the tourist path. It has the feel of a neighborhood spot, because that is exactly what it is - the staff was great - food great -

Visited August 2013
Savannah, Georgia, United States
“Awesome neighborhood hangout! Great nachos and bloody marys!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Cool modern design with great food, friendly staff and cold drinks! Very kid friendly-- but also fun for a date night.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Savannah, Georgia
“Not terrible but probably won't go back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

B. Mathews (same owner as 5 Spot) is one of my favorite Savannah restaurants, so I have wanted to check out this newer venture. Left disappointed, unfortunately. My initial impression of interior was favorable: a plush,modernish waiting area, walls painted a pale gray, mixed with brick.Lots of interesting black and white art, cool light fixtures.We were seated immediately by a very polite host. So far, so good.

Prices on the menu were surprisingly inexpensive, $6.50-9.00 for most items. Beer list is well-thought out, with some good quality offerings. Things went wrong beginning with the drink order. I ordered a Diet Coke, and was brought....well, we never really figured it out. Maybe it was flat? It just tasted completely off. No big deal, I just switched to water. We decided to split and order of nachos, my boyfriend ordered the black-eyed pea burger with sweet potato fries, and I got the veggie wrap.

The nachos were a VERY generous serving,esp.since they were only 6.50, but they weren't that great. Not BAD, just your standard bar food type nachos.Nothing to write home about, but totally average. Somehow the order for my wrap got messed up, and I was brought a completely different item, so I ate the nachos while they made the wrap.The black-eyed pea cake was delicious as I would expect, as they have a similar one at B. Mathews. The sweet potato fries seemed like they had to be frozen (crinkle cut) and were sort of under-cooked.The server never brought ketchup, mustard, etc, or checked back to see if we needed anything while we waited for my wrap.

When my wrap came out, it was....just not good. Very bland I have had a lot of veggie wraps and have a general idea of what to expect and this is a flop.The "cream cheese spread" seemed to be either missing or very scant, and it was overwhelmingly filled with romaine, sprouts, and too thick cucumber slices. Also, the apple pieces were a weird and too chunky addition. I took a few bites and put the rest in a to-go box with hopes I could somehow salvage it at home. The chips were a cheap quality crinkle cut; it would be better to do the sandwiches a la carte than do this. I ate one and left the rest.

The server was nice enough but seemed lackadaisical and unconcerned. :Possibly new? Based on my food alone, I would give this one or two stars, but the nachos were decent and the black-eyed pea cake was good, so I averaged it out to 3. I think I will stick to B. Mathews next time.

• Visited August 2013