“The Real Deal!!” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #49 of 120 Tours & Activities in Savannah
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Have you ever watched the Paranormal Ghost Hunting shows on television and wondered what it would be like to actually investigate a haunted property? The Gribble House Paranormal Experience gives you all the equipment and training plus the opportunity to explore a documented haunted warehouse that sits on the site of a gruesome triple murder that occurred in 1909. Recently investigated by Ghost Adventures on The Travel Channel and described as one of the most haunted buildings in Savannah. Many Paranormal Investigators from other cities have explored with us and their findings and experiences have lead them to describe this as "the real deal" and "a must do in Savannah."Investigations are nightly and reservations are required. Due to the nature of some of the content we ask that guests be free of alcohol and over the age of 16. This is a tour for people who are genuinely interested in the Paranormal and as such we discourage bad behavior and skeptics from ruining the investigations.
New Orleans, Louisiana
“The Real Deal!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

As a paranormal enthusiast, I've been on quite a few different ghost tours, but this one is completely different. At first I was skeptical of the building. It looks like just an empty warehouse, but I realized looks can be deceiving. You start out with the guide playing EVPs captured in the building that are downright creepy. Walking into the open building, you get that uneasy feeling that eyes are watching you from the shadows. Then the guide gives you the story of the murders that took place there and the interesting twist where "history meets mystery." He was right. By the time they show you the active areas, you don't know what could be watching you. I kept having this weird feeling like someone was three steps behind me! Then they give you the equipment. Not just any equipment. This is real, professional equipment like you see on television. We sat down in the area of the Gribble House and the ghost box almost immediately said my name. And that was just the beginning of the tour! We were getting great evidence from almost every piece of equipment they had. I only wished we could stay another hour or so... The two hours flew by with all the excitement. Great tour. Knowledgable guides. Worth every penny.

Visited January 2013

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
“Nice Staff, but Boring, Expensive and Not at All What You Expect”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The staff is excellent, very nice and very eager to make your experience a good one. They go out of their way to make you feel welcome, to set the mood for a spooky evening, and even share some past "evidence" recorded from previous tours. Between the web site and the first 5 minutes of the tour, you really feel as if you are set for a good night.

That said, the entire premise is flawed from the start. The web site goes on and on about the Gribble House murders, the spirits remaining behind, etc. However, the house is long gone and you spend your entire evening in a large, mostly empty warehouse going from corner to corner listening to random words picked up by essentially a receiver scanning radio waves. The guide definitely tries to make a lot out of a little to help your imagination get going by repeating and translating the possible "words" and "phrases" being "said" over the receivers. The EMF detectors and EVP sensors are a nice touch as most tours do not allow these sort of things. However, you are really walking around a large garage/warehouse - about the furthest thing from scary in Savannah (unless you take into account that you are directly on MLK Blvd late at night - scary all by itself).

Like any ghost tour, skeptics will leave still skeptical and those who want to believe will find a way to make something from the experience a bonafide ghostly encounter. This one is just a lot pricier than most, delivers even less than most, and does not even set itself in a historical setting. At least the Sorrel-Weed House is in a very historic home and you are actually in the home where the deaths supposedly took place. The walking tours at least have a little history being told along with ghost stories while taking in all that historic Savannah is famous for (gorgeous homes, spooky cemeteries, etc.). This was literally a 5 or 10 minute retelling of the murders that took place in a house that used to be (sort of) on the property. The rest of the time was spent in the open warehouse, in a supply locker, and dark room they called the "slave quarters" - even though this warehouse was built well after the Civil War and all things slaves. Whenever there was a word or phrase that came across the receivers, the guide would say stuff like "Are you the soldier?" and "Are you the one in blue?" and other things that try to create the image of Civil War soldier ghosts. The Gribble House is simply the draw.

Don't misunderstand - we are not skeptics. We are not simpy saying all ghost tours are fakes or rip offs. This one, though, uses the premise of the Gribble House murders to draw you in, but the setting, the "tour" and the entire evening has little to do with the house (it was barely even on the corner of the existing proeprty), the murders, or anything about the Gribble House.

Don't waste your money unless you have done everything else in Savannah and are looking for way to blow about $50 a person and waste a couple hours.

Visited January 2013
G P, Owner at Gribble House Paranormal Experience, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thanks for your review. While I respect what you have said I am disappointed in your comments related to the tour. Our research and attention to detail on this experience is beyond reproach. Our equipment is by far the most advanced in the city and our evidence taken from the building is of the highest calibre. So much so we send out an evidence packet to all our guests each week containing the best stuff we've found. This week for interest we sent out over 13 EVPs and a bunch of pics. This is easily more evidence taken than 3 or 4 ghost TV shows combined! The history of the property is incredibly detailed. We've had other professional ghost hunting groups come visit and commend us on our authentism. We don't have people dressed up as ghosts jumping out of dark corners and we give people who are genuine believers or closet skeptics the opportunity to visit a very haunted location. Some people just don't get it. I respect that. But please remember it's all about the location and the history that occured on the site. Houses come and go but the spirits remain. I would suggest in future you look more closely at a website and review the location prior to taking a tour like this.
Thunderbolt
“"A Spirited, Hair-Raising Experience"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

It did not take long, but once I was at the Gribble House site, I immediately began feeling the presence of those who once lived and/or died there. Without question, even before hearing about the place, my body was sensing some incredible forces making the hair on my arms stand straight up.

Because the site is rather large, the staff attendants were instrumental guiding me throughout the building to “hot spots” of ghostly activity. In particular, I want to thank Gary and Jim for their involvement and watchfulness as they guided me as I began searching out and talking to the Gribble House ghosts.

For anyone who is fascinated or enjoys interacting with the other world, the Gribble House is an incredible, interactive encounter that you will remember long after you leave. Definitely worth checking out!

Visited December 2012
“MUST SEE IN SAVANNAH”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

A totally unique experience unlike all the other tours I've taken. You now have the chance to be a real ghost hunter, and use all the latest state of the art equipment. Our guides for the evening were Steve and Jim, both were quite knowledgeable about the building, and the history within. I heard clearly my name called by a male spirit! I captured many orbs that night as well. I look forward to coming back again, with friends, to see what awaits us

“Amazing experience! A must do event!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My wife and I went and had an amazing time. Jim and Tracy were our guides and they did not disappoint. It will leave you shocked, scared and a believer of the paranormal. f you are looking for a unique experience in Savannah you must do this tour!