“Savannah Captured” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Photography Tours. Capturing Savannah - Personalized/private tours for individual parties and custom tailored large-group tours and pub-crawls.
San Diego, California
“Savannah Captured”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I'm a fairly serious amateur photographer. I was only in Savannah for a full day. I wanted to save a lot of time and get the best of the photo opportunities that Savannah had to offer. On the internet, I signed up for two of Brittany and Pablo's tours. Both the tours and the tour leaders were outstanding. It would have taken me several days to discover all of the places and locations they presented to me in the morning and afternoon tours led by them. Both of them had the wonderful ability to not only present the best locations in Savannah at the best times of day, but to also respond to my individual interests in photographic subjects. All of this is presented with their genuine enthusiasm for photography and their ability to become immediate friends with their tour participants. I'm almost hesitant to mention this since I would plan to take more of their tours on any future visits to Savannah, but they don't charge enough for the services they provide for tourists who want to learn more about photography while getting much better photos than they ever imagined and serious photographers. I've taken photographic tours in several other cities and the cost of those tours was considerably higher and provided much less "vision" and guidance than what Britt and Pablo contributed to my first, and hopefully not my last, visit to Savannah.

Jerry Shonkwiler
San Diego, CA

“Capturing Savannah”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Pablo and Britt were very enthousiastic about their craft and very knowledgeable about lighting, F stops and shutter speed. They were also very patient with some of us that were not used to using the Manual settings. Delightful evening stroll through the Savannah Squares and Forsyth Park with a lot of time to practice what they were teaching. The late afternoon start time gave us a great opportunity to photograph in waning light. The last stop was the fountain where we had the opportunity to shoot well after dark. I learned a lot as did others in our Photography Club who participated.

Bluffton, South Carolina
“Pablo and Brittany know what they are doing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Our camera club booked a tour with Capturing Savannah and it was money well spent (although it wasn't even that much money). We walked the squares that were familiar to most of us but Pablo and Brittany encouraged us to look at the scenes in a different way and to best use our cameras to capture them. The photo walk was very "hands on" and our leaders kept track of how the pictures were turning out and made suggestions as to how they might be improved. The high point was the time spent at the fountain in Forsyth Park after dark where we were instructed in how to take pictures at night - very interesting results.

If you are a novice photographer or a highly experienced one, I think you will really enjoy this tour and come away with some good photos, a better understanding of your camera controls and a greater appreciation for what a cool city Savannah really is.

3 attraction reviews
“The Perfect Photography Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I've often been disappointed trying to take photos on a regular Savannah tour. The tour guide keeps moving regardless if you are trying to capture a good shot. This tour was perfect AND it included hands on teaching by Pablo and Britt. We were part of a photography club with different levels of photographers and they were able to address the needs of everyone. Their patience and knowledge was amazing. It was a mobile classroom.

6 attraction reviews
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Our photo club arranged a tour with Capturing Savannah. It was quite a learning experience as Pablo and Brittany walked us squares of Savannah. I was familiar with the sights; however Pablo taught me how to use my camera's features to capture pictures in a different light. Unlike most talking tours, they spent time with each individual to help you create a better photo. It was a fun & memorable experience.