“Wonderworld” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 42 Nightlife in Savannah
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Bars
More attraction details
Owner description: World of Beer offers over 500 beers from more than 40 different countries. Combining a friendly environment and a knowledgeable staff, World of Beer creates an atmosphere where patrons feel at home.
Charleston, South Carolina
“Wonderworld”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Over 500 beers to choose from and friendly staff to help with suggestions. I love that you can sample as it's hard to decide exactly which is the right one from you. I am a fan of the stouts, and they have plenty to choose from. Can't say enough about the helpful staff. Great management. Thanks for making our visit memorable to Savannah, and soon to return!

Visited August 2013

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Apparently regulars can disrespect the place...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I went here with my sister after shopping all day and wanted to relax with a nice beer.... the bartender(tall girl with glasses) checked our I.D.s, I am 24 and she spent about 5 minutes looking at it..then she checked my sisters, who is 22, and gave it back..she poured my beer then came up and asked if my sister had any other form of I.D. on her because it 'didn't look like her'... I completely understand checking I.D.'s and not serving customers...but this was a little ridiculous, the picture is OBVIOUSLY HER!!! Unfortunately she did not, but she still got her beer anyway. From the two years she's been drinking she has never had it denied and her picture IS HER!!!! There were a few people sitting/standing next to us, hammered, causing a ruckus and pouring ice down womens' shirts, leaving the floor very slippery. The bartenders shift or whatever it was ,was ending? So a new one came and asked for our I.D.s while we were in mid drinking of our beer. We laughed and said forget about it and got up to leave. The first bartender walked past us and I say, "You should worry more about people causing a scene than this" and she turns her head and goes "They're our regulars, sorry" HAHA oh really???? So yes, I guess in order to be a regular you can disrespect the place? You're still the one who has to clean it up!!! If they're you're regulars they should be respecting the place and wanting the business to have MORE regulars coming in. Like really, did you just listen to what you said??? Very rude bartender(s) from start to finish. Awesome beers obviously, with the name "World of beer." Would love to go again but not with the way I was treated.

Visited August 2013
Destin
13 attraction reviews
“Wow, 500+ Beers and Counting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

With 500 different beers from around the country and around the world, this place is amazing. Pair that with a great location and friendly bartenders, live music and air conditioning, how could you go wrong?

In fact, they even carry Left Hand Brewing Milk Stout, one of the best (in my humble opinion) beers brewed in America. Yes, I know, everyone has their own favorite, and that's mine, although hard to find outside of Colorado. A very welcomed find indeed!

We only visited during the day, so cannot comment on the night action. This will positively be near the top of our list when next we visit Savannah!

St. Marys, Georgia
9 attraction reviews
“The name is not kidding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

If you can't find something here to your taste, you must not like beer! If I lived closer I would make a point to join their beer club just for the diverse experience.

Beaufort, South Carolina
10 attraction reviews
“Beer + Great Service = Happiness”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Been to this location several times and have always had a great experience. The bar tenders are very friendly and are quite knowledgeable on the overwhelming selections of beer. This place is typically crowded, but there is a lot of seating including a second floor with a second bar, as well as seating outside by the street. If you have never been to a World of Beer, their name says it all. They do not serve food and there is a very limited selection of wine and cocktails. Have lunch or supper before visiting WOB - but whatever you do, be sure not to miss this place when visiting Savannah!