“Must Taste if visiting Savannah, GA” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 786 Restaurants in Savannah
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Jamaican
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: This is a restaurant that offers authentic caribbean and american cuisine.Our goal is to share the caribbean exotic flavors all over the world..
Savannah, Georgia
“Must Taste if visiting Savannah, GA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Sweet Spice serves up the best Jamaican food in our area. I also enjoy the awesome customer care my family and I receive when we visit. Great food and service.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Savannah, Georgia
“Being from the Jamaica it's just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I'm thinking that the regulars here are locals that aren't really used to the jamaican cuisine, so it's just a new taste for them. I have tried several dishes from this place and they were just ok. The Jerk chicken doesn't have that grill flavor that jerk chicken normally has, I'm not sure whether they grill or bake their jerk chicken but that does make a difference. The brown stew chicken I did not like at all. It was just fried chiken that's tossed in some gravy. If you're from jamaica you know that when they make stew chicken they don't put flour on the chicken. The stew chicken here is really how my grandma would use the leftover fried chicken from our sunday dinner. The curry goat has the flavor but it was waaay over cooked, I like when I can actually see pieces of meat vs shreds. I used to like their pattie but unfortunately the chicken patties are no longer a curry chicken filling like they have back home but a jerk chicken filling. Let's just say I'm better off cooking for myself at home. The staff however is top notch so that's the reason I think people rave about this place. But as far as the food goes Iive had way better, if this is the best you've had you probably need to try more jamaican restaurants.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Weston
“Excellent authentic Jamaican cuisine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Sweet Spice Jamaican cuisine is such a great restaurant!!! The food was excellent and very reasonably priced. Their Jerk Chicken is superb. It's so tender it falls right off the bone. This cozy restaurant is definitely worth a visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Savannah
“GREAT Jamaican food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Place is small and ambience isn't much but this is great food, cheap, and huge portions. Jerk chicken was spicy and delicious. Macaroni, rice, and plantains all great as well. Recommended.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Melbourne, Florida
“A Hole-in-The Wall Jewel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I got the tip on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. What a surprise. It's a small hole-in-the wall in a small strip mall. I almost drove by because at first appearances it doesn't look too inviting. What a surprise. The food was true Caribbean and very, very good. The staff was very friendly. I gave it a high recommendation to our hotel staff who said they planned to visit.

• Visited June 2014