“Some sweet treats dem!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 722 Restaurants in Savannah
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Jamaican
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: This is a restaurant that offers authentic caribbean and american cuisine.Our goal is to share the caribbean exotic flavors all over the world..
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Some sweet treats dem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Saw Sweet Spice while driving down Waters Avenue and since I grew up in the Caribbean we had to check it out. Donavon greeted us warmly and showed us what was available. I really just wanted a pate (pattie to some) but when I saw curry goat, rice and peas and an ice cold Ting in the fridge, my plans changed. I highly recommend this little joint to anyone who wants some delicious, authentic Caribbean food. If you've never tried it and you're in Savannah, life is short ......make the trip no de mon!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Wonderful place....authentic west indian cuisine....took my husband there for his birthday and the food was absolutely delicious. Many thanks to the super friendly staff and the upbeat atmosphere.

Visited October 2012
Savannah, Georgia
“Best Jamaican Meat Patties”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Sweet n Spice Where everything's nice - this is what you hear when you walk in. It is a great little place with friendly service, a good selection, huge servings and good food. I am addicted to the meat patties - my first experience was the combo plate and everything was delicious. Then I returned another to try the Meat Pies - OMG - I've returned at least 5 times just to pick up a couple of meat pies. I've tried them at every single Jamaican/Caribbean restaurant in Savannah and these are the winners hands down. It's a fun, clean place to go and everything on the combo plate was worth trying again - the cabbage was especially good and tastier than most southern restaurants serving a required side of cabbage. Oxtails were perfection - well, it was all good and if you have a serious addiction to meat pies - get over there.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“We keep going back for more and more!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Very good food. Small place, but Nice, friendly service from owner. Be patient, you may have to wait, but it is well worth it. We love the jerk and curries. Can't get enough.....best Jamaican food in savannah!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
“Yamon, I WILL go Back for more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Oh my - what do i say - this is the type of place I love so authentic - if it weren't so spotless and clean and new I would call it a hole in the wall! The atmosphere was very casual - the decor was island with brightly colored walls. It is in a tiny storefront off what seems like a residential street I love places like this - those special little places that the locals go to! Damon and the family own the place and they are great, my first time to visit and I left feeling like a close friend! The food was so good - I would have kept eating but I was incredibly full. I got the Sampler plate because I couldn't decide what to get because it all sounded so good on the menu! I got Jerk Chicken, Curry Chicken and the BBQ Rib my sides were Roti bread and cabbage. There was so much food that my daughter and I combined our leftovers and she had lunch for the next day. She got the curry chicken with rice and kidney beans and plantains and Roti. I can't wait to go again, Damon said that he has a rule, if you love it and you come back - you have to bring someone new, well, I'll bring my oldest daughter!!

• Visited September 2012