“Very comfortable stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 112 hotels in Savannah
Milford, OH
“Very comfortable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

On our recent trips to central Florida, the Savannah airport exit off I-95 has become our overnight stopping point. We have tried several chain hotels here, and Hawthorn Suites has consistently had the best prices, good breakfasts, quite and spacious suites with close-off bedrooms, and helpful staff. We higly recommend this motel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Laurel, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

They seemed to be a little short on housekeeping staff. Had to wait on front desk clerk who was helping. My husband called hotel phone to bring her to the desk. Very nice person. She may have just been helping cause she was bored. It was a very quiet time when we came in. She called to ask if we were good with the room after we got in. The suite we got for about $90 with taxes was great, like having 4 rooms and very clean and comfortable. Desk clerk recommended the restaurant next door, Sam Snead's. It was pricy but very nice. I'll do that review next :).

• Stayed December 2012
Kershaw, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

When I heard that we would be staying in a suite, I expected something a little more. With six people in the party, the "suite" felt really cramped. The location of the hotel itself isn't all that wonderful either since it's smack dab in the middle of parking lot central. There are competing hotels surrounding the place, but I suppose having so many hotels accessible for those being dropped off at the airport would be great for those traveling by plane.

There were cigarette burns on the trundle bed blanket. They were so bad that you could see the individual fibers inside the blanket itself. The beds, like the room, also felt cramped. The bathroom wasn't too bad. Still, the room itself could've been cleaner.

The highlight of this stay was the complimentary breakfast buffet. It was fantastic, and I would definitely recommend sticking this place out for the breakfast itself. The biscuits and gravy were delicious, and the other foods they provided were just as good. We only stayed for one night, so it was a fine place to stay for that amount of time. I don't think I'd enjoy stay there for the long term though...even for the breakfast bar.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
DEERFIELD BEACH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My wife and I selected this location based on its customer reviews. However our experience left much to be desired. We arrived very late (around 1am), exhausted from a long drive. Just after getting the kids into bed and after my wife finally passed out, what scurries out from underneath the bed? Roaches. Well given that everyone had finally fallen asleep, I wasn't about to uproot the whole family. I dealt with the roaches and hid all our bags inside the refrigerator to avoid them getting into our stuff. The following morning I spoke with the staff at the check-in desk. The clerk was apologetic and immediately offered to take $10.00 off our $80.00 room charge. Supposing that something is better than nothing, I accepted and paid the bill. But it still bothered me. I went back and actually spoke with a manager and explained what happened. He began to make excuses stating that it was not their fault bugs got into the room. He tried to assure me that they do spray around the outside of the building but that sometimes the bugs travel up through the drains. Mind you, we were on the third floor. I tried to explain that I appreciated the fact that they spray, but that as a paying customer, I did not feel I should have to sleep with bugs. I also stated that their $10.00 discount is like saying, "Well when you pay $70.00 for a room, you can expect to sleep with bugs." I further explained that I was not looking for a handout, but I would think that when your location is smack dab in the middle of six other similar competitor hotels, they would want to do everything in their power to assure that the customer feels taken care of. The manager continued on the defense, saying that they have great customer reviews and that their rooms are, overall, very clean. I agreed that they did have good reviews which was why I choose their hotel and why I was surprised to get such a response. I also advised him that if a room has bugs and cigarette burns on the chairs, I would not classify it as clean. After the back and forth, he finally agreed to take half off the room charge. I thanked them but still walked away feeling like it had been a horrible experience. I don't think you should have to plead your case to be taken care of as a customer. The manager did not once smile or make any attempt to honestly apologize or make me feel comfortable. I was left feeling like I was just taking up his time and a bother.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Cape May,NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Nice and spacious room, great breakfast. We have two little guys and within 10 minutes of being in the room, we got a call frm the front desk that someone was complaining. We also received a front desk call around 10:30 that someone was complaining of noise. Problem was, we were sleeping and I didn't appreciate a call. They need to get off their butts and see where this alleged noise was coming from.

Room Tip: Request a 1st floor if you have kids !!