“Worst experience I've ever had at a hotel. EXTREMELY Rude Management, terrible accommodations. Do not stay!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quail Run Lodge

Save Saved
You added Quail Run Lodge to your Saves list
Quail Run Lodge
1130 Bob Harmon Road, Savannah, GA 31401   |
Ranked #91 of 112 hotels in Savannah
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

This was one of the absolute worst hotel experiences I have ever had. For one thing, the room was pretty dirty - the bed had a lot of cigarette burns in it, it smelled bad (we requested a change to a non smoking room, but while we were assured we would hear from the front desk within a day, we were never contacted), the ceiling was partially falling off in the bathroom, various strange stains, and a few very large cockroaches? crawling around! (See picture, eww.)

Management was EXTREMELY rude when we tried to complain and did nothing to assist us. We went a day without towels because the housekeeping service was never explained (although the manager was very keen to argue this with us), but also because the housekeepers didn't bother to return our towels at all after washing them. I went out the next morning to ask them where my towels were (having to use old clothes to try to dry myself) and the two ladies claimed they dropped the towels off in my room. I tried to explain to them several times that I never received any towels, but until I physically showed them my room and the complete lack of drying implements, they stuck to their story. Magically (and thankfully), some showed up later that day.

Another lovely surprise was when I lost $50 worth of groceries because of a blackout (and was woken up by some horrific heat). They claimed that we were informed on Tuesday via a flyer that this would happen 2 days later, unless the room was deadbolted. Obviously, we were in the room and had the room locked, but we were never called or told. Is it really so hard to slip a flyer under the door?! What were we to do with our food anyway? It's an extended stay hotel and it's sort of necessary to have a fridge powered on. Calling to complain the woman was VERY rude to my roommate and myself. Constantly argued with me and interrupted me - didn't try to explain anything, offer any help or apology, nothing. She eventually sent me to a voicemail for the "owner;" I've not received a reply in almost a week, although I completely expected it to go nowhere.

Did I mention the horrific noise? The airport is very close, but even closer is an army base. They like to fly loud jets early in the morning and late into the night. The police helicopters nearby aren't so bad though. The walls are also paper thin, so hopefully you get some quiet neighbors.

****TL;DR:***** Rude, unhelpful staff; very dirty with giant bugs; no accommodation for complaints; very loud. Don't expect towels or any toiletries. Avoid-much better extended stay hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
QuailRunLodge, Web Manager at Quail Run Lodge, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
Dear Shelly I,

We are sorry to hear that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations. For better service, we advise making the front desk aware that you are staying in the hotel, as no one in the hotel staff knew you were occupying your rommate's room until you called regarding the power outage.

Since you were not present at check-in, we were unable to personally tell you about our daily towel service, as we always do with every guest. The procedure was also explained in the information packet we gave your roomate.

It is unfortunate that the electrical company shut off power to the hotel for 4 hours while replacing a transformer. Although notices were placed throughout the property, including inside every other guest's room, it is impossible for our personnel to access a guest room when it is deadbolted and locked from the inside.

Once again, if we had known you were occupying that room, we would have taken additional steps to notify you. As it was, we only became aware of your presence in our hotel when you called the front desk after the fact.

We're disappointed that your experience with us fell short of the high standards we set for ourselves. Although we take every possible care to provide the highest possible level of service to our guests, we recommend letting us know that you are in the hotel so we can better serve you.

Thank you.

Quail Run Lodge

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Kalamazoo, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

We also did not know what to expect because of the low prices. We stayed the week and enjoyed our stay. The rooms were huge and for the most part it was pretty quiet. All the staff that we encountered were very friendly and helpful. The place is an extended stay so there are a lot of people that are living there and when we would pass by someone they were always friendly. The room was very clean. There are not a lot of resturants or stores nearby but it's a short drive to find some. The only thing you should know is that it is an older hotel so the rooms have out dated and worn fixtures. But that is all cosmetic. If you are not a person that is looking for perfection and love a good deal I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Cocoa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

This was one of the only hotels available for the night we needed and just booked it. When we arrived we noticed it was in the middle of nowhere which put us off. In actuality it was 10 minutes from downtown, which was awesome! We checked in and the front desk staff was awesome. Told us all about some of the great hang out spots downtown and even offered to call us a cab when we were ready. I was super impressed by the friendliness of the staff and the grounds. I would definitely recommend this hotel to people who want a quaint small town place to stay. Kinda off the beaten path but close enough to downtown!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

this place has the cleaniest rooms that i have been in. there prices are unbeatable.there staff is more than great.the food is fantastic.there is'nt anything that ican really say bad about this place. if your looking for a great room
a great price this is the place to be.
what you see on there web site is exactlt what there rooms and lobby look like.
they shampoo there carpets after every guest leaves and bedding curtains and anything else is cleaned exceptional well after every checkout.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I was thinking about staying for a while there to save money since the pice was very good. so on that note.. we rented a room for the night.we was happy with the price. He was told about there buffet however he was not told about the problem that they were having with the cable. when entering late that night we found out about the cable. called the front office.after walking down to the office and it was locked my husband got a number off the door and a girl answered and said that it was already suppose to be fixed but thy there was nothing she could do. that she couldn't move to us to a different room.it being so late we didn't leave and stayed not happy with the fact they knew it didn't work and they did not tell us before we paid and wanted us to just deal with it. The next morning my husband went asked what they could do they were rude and told him he should have checked the tv when we first arrive. before we could eat they told us to leave before they called the police. what?

• Stayed April 2011
Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

I was in town for a business trip to the National Air Guard base, and I needed a place to stay for the duration. I stayed one night at another hotel and I was extremely disappointed with the room, so I was definitely looking to stay somewhere else that was more comfortable. I came across the Quail Lodge and was happy from the time I walked in the door until the time that I left earlier today. The staff was genuinely courteous and professional, and the room was far better than what I experienced from the other lodging establishment located just down the street. The food in the restaurant was great, and every single person on the staff put forth such an effort to make me comfortable that I will not hesitate to stay here on my subsequent trips to the area.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

I have been coming to Savannah for many years.
But I only found the Qail Run Lodge a couple of years ago.
When I saw the sign on hwy307 I thought, with rates this low it couldn't be verry much.
But when I decided to give them a try; I couldn't have been more surprised,
I found the rooms to be ,spacious, clean,and appealing. Further more, the service is second to none. In my openion, you could not find a better, or more affordable place
to stay in Savannah.
sincerely,
Walter Myers

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to Quail Run Lodge? Share your experiences!