“A Lovely Historic Inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of McMillan Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Savannah
McMillan Inn
You added McMillan Inn to your Saves list
304 East Huntingdon St, Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #22 of 39 Savannah B&B and Inns
“A Lovely Historic Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2005

My husband and I stayed in the McMillan Inn one Saturday night. We live in Savannah but it was still a great treat! It seemed we entered another time and place. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2005

I am so glad we chose to stay at the McMillan Inn instead of a hotel. It was the perfect romantic place to celebrate our 7-year anniversary. We have stayed at 3 other B & Bs and this was by far the best. Our room was so cozy and comforting after all those walking tours. You don't get the same luxuries in an expensive hotel.

Warm robes
Gourmet breakfasts
Canopy beds
Cold bottled water that's not $5 a bottle
Honest advice on what to do & where to eat

I would definitely recommend the McMillan Inn to friends and family.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2005

My husband and I stayed at McMilllan Inn to celebrate 16 years together. It was perfect. Joe and Cindy are warm and friendly and have created an atmosphere of beauty, peace and tranquility. All 4 rooms are beautiful. We experienced the Huntingdon Room (fabulous clawfoot tub for 2) and the Gaston Room (which has red walls and jacuzzi tub that were so romantic). There is a wonderful dipping pool in the back garden of the Inn which is a wonderful place to cool down with a glass of wine at the end of a day of walking. I cannot say enough about breakfast each morning. Each morning breakfast was better than the day before. During the day Saturday, my thoughts returned again and again to the delicious breakfast of baked pears followed by eggs florentine. We also enjoyed a delicious lunch at Firefly Cafe and a fabulous dinner at Garibald's. We tried several times to go to Lady & Sons, but there was always a 2-3 hour wait - no food is worth that and the tables inside the restaurant are extremely close together. If you go to Savannah, The McMillan Inn is definitely the place to stay.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2005

We just returned from Savanna and could not have enjoyed the visit any more than we did. The people are all so friendly starting with the owners Joe and Cindy. We enjoyed the decor and the accomodations, and the breakfast was especially nice. We took a tour with guide Jefferson, and ate at some restaurants on their recommendations and enjoyed them all. I will stay here again if ever in Savanna.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2005

You know a place is special when the owner greets you personally at the door when you arrive! And it just got better from there! If you like small, personal inns, this one is perfect. All four rooms were beautifully furnished. In the past, I've found most B&B's to be quaint, but somewhat "dusty". Not this one-it was immaculate! It had the usual quantity of antiques, drapes, lace, knick-knacks, etc., but everything looked freshly cleaned.

Joe and Cindy were perfect host/hostess. They are professional and very personable. In our short stay, we spent a good bit of time just relaxing on the porch in their company. I saw the previous posts about pushing religion. They do not hide their Christian faith, but do not force it upon you. I never felt uncomfortable. To me the environment was perfect - a lovely Inn with loving innkeepers. Nothing else!

PS...If they recommend the Savannah Experience Tour with Jefferson- take it! Unbelievable! Ask them about it if you want to see the real Savannah! I'm not a tour person, but next visit I'm going again! But that's another story!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2005

The Inn feels and looks the way it might have back in the late 1800's. Beautiful and cozy. Joe and Cindy are such pleasant people and easy to conversate with. The breakfast is fantastic and so is the Pool and Courtyard! And contrary to what other people have written. The Inn keepers are make a point not to offend anyone (religiously) by asking first. I most certainly reccomend it!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2005

My husband and I just returned from a 3-night stay and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our stay. This was a Christmas gift from our children and they couldn't have picked a better place. We will recommend this place to anyone traveling to Savannah, Ga. We hope to stay there again someday.
Our host made us fill at home. The breakfast served each morning was fantastic. Thanks for the memories.

• Stayed May 2005

Been to McMillan Inn? Share your experiences!