“Absolutely Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of McMillan Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Savannah
McMillan Inn
You added McMillan Inn to your Saves list
304 East Huntingdon St, Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #22 of 39 Savannah B&B and Inns
“Absolutely Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

My new husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon in the Carriage House. I have to say there isn't enough space in this box to tell you how wonderful it was! Joe and Cindy were great and very Knowledgeable about the area And it's history. Their gourmet breakfast were second to none. The décor was elegant and true to the theme. This was not just a place to stay in Savannah, but an experience all in its own. Can't wait to go back!!!!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This was our second time staying at the Inn and Joe and Cindy didn't let us down! Great breakfast, service and room. It's like staying at a friend's home. The Inn itself is within two blocks of the beautiful Forsyth Park and provided us with a great walking area. It's within a mile from everything and the walk back and forth provided a great view of the historic district. All of the furniture and furnishings are from the period it was built, it's so picturesque.

Room Tip: The Huntington Room is the biggest and best in my opinion and has a great street view. Bathroom is...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
covington, ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the McMillan Inn for our wedding anniversary celebration. Joe and Cindy were excellent hosts! They were very knowledgeable of the area, and made some great suggestions for our stay. The Inn was just beautiful... very well equipped, private, and welcoming. We had a WONDERFUL experience! We'll be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband and I planned to stay here for our anniversary this year. When his grandmother fell ill and passed away suddenly, we had to cancel our trip within days of departing. I called the B&B and explained the situation. They were very curt without any sympathy and simply stated that I had agreed to the terms and conditions when I booked the room. That is true, I did. But, like so many others, i didn't read all of those details. Here they are and take note:
If you cancel within two weeks of your arrival will not only lose your deposit of the first night's payment, you will also be billed for the balance.
That is insane! This has turned my husband off to B&Bs now. I can cancel for a hotel last minute if I need to and get all of my money back. B&Bs are supposed to exemplify personal service. This felt more corporate than a money maker hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
McMillanInn, Owner at McMillan Inn, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
We are not sure why Kathryn E. has written an inaccurate account of her cancellation. She canceled her 3/1 reservation on 2/26 just 2 days prior to her expected arrival. We did refund her 1st night deposit (less our $25.00 cancellation fee) the very next day and she was not charged the entire reservation amount as stated in her review, according to our cancellation policy. This cancellation only cost Kathryn $25.00 We also provided a $25.00 Gift Certificate for a future reservation.

We do have a 2 week cancellation policy which is standard in the B&B’s industry. B&B's are small businesses and cannot always absorb cancellations like the big hotels. However we always try to work with our guest to refund their money or provide a rain check for a later stay.

We are sending the Charge Credit Receipt to TripAdvisor Management so that they can confirm that this review is inaccurate.

We take great care and pride in running the McMillan Inn and appreciate our guests.
Massillon, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I realize that everyone has their own unique experience, but when I looked for my previously written review, it is no longer there. Funny how the less than fantastic reviews are gone! Wonder who is responsible for that????

My main issues were with the food. Where most people loved it, I cannot eat fruit and every single dish we were served had fruit in it. Cindy didn't ask or question my full plate being returned and pointedly avoided me so that I could tell her (again) my issues with fruit. Even the toast had raisins in it! Our stay was 4 nights, so I basically paid for 4 breakfasts I couldn't eat.

I can't complain about the rooms but do agree with others about the pool. It was filthy and super small. It would have been nice to take a quick dip and cool off, but that wasn't really an option.

The inn itself is gorgeous but the steps in the front are very dangerous and steep. And no one is available to assist with luggage. Parking is also an issue. If you don't park for the night by 6 PM, you end up blocks and blocks away.

Cindy is my main complaint. Although she was VERY friendly to my husband, she very obviously ignored me. Not our typical experience at a B&B.

I wouldn't say to stay away from McMillan Inn, but understand a few things prior to going.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
McMillanInn, Owner at McMillan Inn, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
The McMillan Inn serves a Gourmet Breakfast D'jour prepared with love and care by Cindy. A variety of food is served, some with fruit some without. We do not have any recollection of a guest staying over a year ago that was unsatisfied with the breakfast. We do not serve toast!

Joe tests and cleans the pool every day per the Chatham County Health Department guidelines to which he has received a 100% score every year for 10 years. The Dipping pool is the perfect size to sit around the Courtyard and sip a cool drink after walking about the Historic District.

Parking is on street parking and is always readily available. There are no parking meters so you do not have to pay.
switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Thanks to our hosts Cindy and Joe, the very warm welcome and the fantastic breakfast! It was a real pleasure to stay with you! I will get back to you for sure if I travel again to Savannah!!! The rooms are great and the location as well!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I came to the McMillin Inn for a quiet romantic getaway. We stayed in the Carriage House. It was perfect. The Carriage House is not connected to the Inn and was very private. The small fully equipped kitchen was perfect to keep our snacks and wine cold. The beautiful jacuzzi bathtub was perfect in our bedroom and the house was elegantly decorated and the separate little den had a gas fireplace. When we arrived at the Inn, the owners welcomed us with information about Savannah and a map of the points of interest. This was very helpful since we had not visited Savannah before. The staff was very hospitable and made sure we didn't need for anything. The breakfast was wonderful and we enjoyed it very much. I would recommend the McMillin Inn to any couple that needs a little quality time and pampering.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to McMillan Inn? Share your experiences!