“Delicious surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Alure is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 758 restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Jefferson
Boulder, Colorado
“Delicious surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

When in Savannah Alure is a must for the adventurous gourmet. Chef Charles Zaran will tickle your palate with the most imaginative combination of flavors, seared scallops with duck confit and sweet corn ice cream, filet mignon with a chocolate sauce, all surprising and delicious. Sarah and Jamie, our waiters, are friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. We enjoyed so much our first visit on 12/26/12 that we went back the next night and again we were delighted.
Francis V, Boulder, CO

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
Chapel Hill, NC
“Imaginative, inventive and excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We ate here the other night. I had the beef tenderloin, and my wife had the salmon. Both were fantastic - the chocolate sauce on the beef was some of the best mole-style sauce I have ever had. Their she crab soup was fantastic. The service was attentive, and the wine list is solid. Highly recommend.

Visited December 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Interesting cuisine in cool/hip setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Some of the most unusual flavor combinations and options you will see on a menu and most of them worked very well. More importantly, setting aside the often-peculiar flavor combinations, the food was perfectly executed - the scallops seared on the outside and translucent on the inside, beef perfectly medium rare, vegetables al dente, etc. I am a big fan of carpaccio and have only seen lamb once on a menu - until Alure. It was served with bleu cheese ice cream and did not disappoint. My entree of tenderloin duo - a combination of sweet and savory that could have gone horribly wrong, but was absolutely delicious. Our server, Sarah, was friendly and helpful. My dessert was delicious - but fairly mainstream compared to what my husband had. We filed it under WTH desserts?! It was grilled Krispy Creme donut with foie gras (yes, goose liver for dessert?!), truffle black pepper ice cream and a pomegranate sauce. We just thought it sounded so weird, we'd HAVE to try it. I don't think either of us would order it again, but it actually tasted much better than it sounds. For this dessert, probably less is more - it would have been better with just the donut, foie gras and perhaps a less savory ice cream or sauce (but not all). The rich savory foie gras and the donut actually worked. All in all, an enjoyable meal.

Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
“Wonderful southern fusion in savannah”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

If you are looking for something different from the standard fare in savannah, a.lure is the place for you. Taking good southern traditional food and adding a twist to make each plate and / or meal full of complimentary flavors that you would not necessarily think to put together. Had me thinking of the great new culinary chefs of Austin Texas. My husband and i loved every bite. Be careful of sizes; an appetizer and entree will leave you completely full, thus missing out on the desserts. I was sad because really had wanted to try "study of chocolate."

The only two slight negatives were:
1. the cocktail menus could be a bit more sophisticated as i really love a place that has crafted both drinking and dining to perfection. Last note - staff were top notch. Very professional and knew how to service well.
2. Dining room design felt a little more like a pub than something eclectic and fitting to the food

The staff were top notch. Very professional and knew how to serve and please!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Better restaurants in Savannah”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I tried Alure after reading the reviews. We even cancelled our reservations for The Pink House. Big mistake. The atmosphere is just okay, nothing special. Tables very close together. Anyone who passed by my chair knocked my purse off my chair. Very limited food selection. One beef, one chicken, one seafood etc. One salad as well. Food was okay, but I was frustrated to be visiting Savannah and had passed up so many other good restaurants for this. No one waiting and plenty of tables open for a Saturday night. I kind of felt tricked. We did eat at Garibaldis and Belfourds as well and had wonderful meals at each of these.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere