“This La Quinta Just Fine!!!!!!” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Savannah I-95
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Gateway Boulevard South, Savannah, GA 31419   |
Ranked #75 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
North Carolina
“This La Quinta Just Fine!!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2007

I'd stayed at this hotel a couple of times about two years ago because I was traveling with a dog. The rooms were always clean, and the only complaint I had was that the A/C did not work well, and the room stayed humid during one visit!

After reading the most recent reviews here, I wasn't sure whether to try it this time or not. WELL, no worries. I'm on the second floor looking over the pool, the room looks to be freshly renovated, fresh paint, new carpet, everything very clean including the bathroom. King size bed, A/C seems to be doing the job, front desk very friendly.

We got this room over the internet for $62, a bargain for sure. I can be very picky but this place is fine, IMO. The pool also looks clear and clean, and people seemed to be enjoying it.

I remember their breakfasts were good so I'll look forward to that before I leave tomorrow.

Stayed August 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2007

We stayed one night on our way from Miami to Virginia. Perfect stopping point and I got a rate of $57 with AAA discount. We had stayed at the LaQuinta in Brunswick many times and were very pleased. This experience was not the same.

Check in was quick but the woman at the desk barely even spoke to me. Got to the room to find it clean but smaller than usual. Barely any room between the bed and the desk. Two double beds were comfy, tv worked fine along with coffee pot and shower. Rooms looked like they were freshly painted but the painters used no drop cloths as there was paint on the carpet and all over the bathroom tile and ceiling.

Couldn't get the wireless connection to work so called the 1-800 help line and eventually they told us there was a problem with one of the remote transmitters. When my husband returned the cable (which also didn't work) to the front desk he was totally ignored while the employee took two personal phone calls.

At 11 pm some neighbors decided they needed to chat, quite loudly, outside. My husband and I both stepped out to ask them to lower their voices or go into the room to no avail. On the third attempt, he walked passed them on his way to complain to the office and they told him they were "regulars" so he could go find somewhere else to stay. Thankfully, they did go inside.

Then there was the stray cat who yowled with a high-pitched voice at 5 am to the "regulars" who must have been feeding him.

Good points - the breakfast was great. Biscuits and gravy, make your own waffles, hardboiled eggs and the usual cereal, bread and muffin assortment.

Person on duty at check out was much more helpful. Apologetic and kind and deducted 50% off our bill.

Minus the woman working at the desk when we arrived and the noisy neighbors and cat (which really aren't the hotel's fault) I suppose it was an ok night but when you only stop at a hotel for a good night's sleep it's hard to give it a good rating when you don't get much sleep!

• Liked — Proximity to I-95 and continental breakfast
  • Disliked — Front desk service at check in and with internet problem
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2007

We stayed there, had called to book room, we requested first floor when we got there they told us no rooms available on first floor, we had a person with us that was handicapped, that is why we needed first floor, if there was a elevator that would have been o.k but no elevator either, we were disappointed after telling us we could get first floor, heard other people complaining about desk person promising first floor and they did not get it either. We also had problems with dogs barking left in rooms by themselves, noisy, sink stopped up, said our other friend called in about coffed pot, she never called in, said she blew out electic in room, never did that, we were puzzled why they would say something that she never did???? We were not to happy with the desk and maids saying things that we did not do, what was going on! It made it very very hard on handicap person in our party going upstairs!!! We will not stay there again, please in the future do not promise something that you cannot do!!! mglocklear@yahoo.com

Stayed July 2007
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2007

We just returned from a weekend in Savannah where we attending a sporting tournament with my son's team. We needed basic, inexpensive accomodations, which we have found at other La Quinta locations. This particular hotel was, however, below expectations.

The bathroom floor was gross -- looked like it hadn't been properly cleaned in months. There was dirt in the corners, mold, mildew, and other discolorations.

The room itself appeared clean, but the AC didn't work properly, and it was always a little too warm, even with the temp turned to the lowest possible setting.

The pool was too gross for the kids to swim in -- they reported mold in the skimmers and "yucky" water.

But I was most disappointed in the service. For one thing, my key cards stopped working on the second day and I had to get them reprogrammed. Not such a big deal, but then it happened again the next day. We booked several rooms together as a group, but when we arrived (at different times), we were given rooms all over the hotel. Our team manager had to spend almost an hour unraveling a billing/reservation mess including a mysterious extra two rooms added to their bill.

There were several other hotels nearby that I would choose from next time.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
Matthews, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2007

Stayed at this property on the way to FL with our camper. Called prior to booking to be sure there was plenty of parking to accommodate, and was told there was plenty. We managed to squeeze it in, but only barely. The front desk staff was very friendly, and the rooms were decent. The only real negative was the noise. Not highway noise, but guest noise! We went to bed around 11 or 11:30, and between loud families, constantly slamming doors, car noise from the parking lot, and a car alarm that refused to be silenced, I would say that I was awake until about 3am! Other than an extreme need for soundproofed doors, this property was pretty much what you would expect for the money.

• Liked — Rooms seemed to be updated and clean
  • Disliked — Noisy
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
South Kingstown, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2007

This place is OK for one night. It is in need of updating. The
bathroom is tiny and maybe not quite as clean as I would have
liked. There was no refrigerator or microwave which I thought
La Quinta always had. The people were friendly and the
breakfast was pretty good with the make it yourself waffles.We were on the second floor with no elevator and lots of heavy
luggage. Not sure I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Edinburgh, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2006

Drove through a tropical storm from Florida after spending 8½ hrs on a flight from Scotland to get to this hotel only to find that Travelocity had cancelled our booking. As you can imagine we were very upset but the receptionists, Theresa and Tina were helpful beyond belief. They re-booked our rooms and gave us access to the telephone and contact numbers that night and the following day. The Travelocity saga is still ongoing. Our stay was great, the room was clean and the pool spotless. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and they answered everyone questions about places to see, routes to take etc. Breakfasts were fantastic, the waffle maker is a great hit and there was a queue to use the machines every day. The hotel is a bit further out from Savannah but there wasn't a problem travelling in and out. There is a small Mall across the road within walking distance and plenty places to eat and a huge Wal-Mart within easy driving distance. I'd go back in an instance.

• Liked — Fantastic breakfast included in price!
  • Disliked — It was all great
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to La Quinta Inn Savannah I-95? Share your experiences!