“Travel for maintenance of rental property in FL” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Gateway Boulevard South, Savannah, GA 31419   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #78 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Philadelphia, United States
“Travel for maintenance of rental property in FL”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I need to stay at a safe facility while traveling alone with 2 small dogs. I drive from PA to FL 3 to 4 times a year to care for a rental property. I needed accommodations that are pet friendly. I always try to plan ahead but while driving I am unable to be sure of the distance I will be able to travel due to weather and road conditions. I like to have a reservation but then I am unable to be sure where that will be. I needed to cancel my reservation before 6:30 pm and then in the end I was able to arrive at that location. The price of the room for the few hours I was staying really was more than I planned to spend. They would not honor my reservation price because I canceled not to be charged if I was unable to drive that distance and charged the higher rate. It ended up being a terrible stay knowing how many hours I would be there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Staff friendly, hotel is an older hotel but very well kept up. Nice and clean. Very sufficient for our over night stay. The only negative I have is parking. The entire parking lot was full and people were parked on the side of the drive. Made it a little difficult to back out.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Huntsville, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

The room had an odour. Mould growing in a ring around the toilet bowl at the water line. Sink faucet looks like it had not been cleaned in weeks & weeks. Soap scum & dirt. The sink stopper was rusted & did not work so I could not fill the sink with water to wash. When I reached for the towels - they were dirty like they had been used already? Then no trash container in the room....what was I to do with my garbage? Throw it on the dirty floor? Carpets not vacuumed. Sat down on the dirty upholstered chair to work on my lap top. Seat was dirty & wet!! The worst was yet to come....I pulled back the sheets on the bed which were wrinkled - not crisp or clean looking - & what was there on the sheets? Several black hairs!!! I doubt the sheets had been washed but just remade the bed. No recourse. All the other hotels were booked solid - I tried to get into another but no luck! I had no options but to sleep in the car. I will never stay at La Quinta again. Don't stop - just keep on driving folks. Try Baymont or Super 8 the hotels directly behind....looked new & clean but no rooms available. Scottish Inn could not have been any worse than La Quinta but the price was $30/night not $85. I could go on & on.....the dog next store barked the whole time the owner was out of the room for dinner. Just stay away from La Quinta!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I was extremely impressed with this hotel the room was extremely awesome. I was extremely happy when they changed my bed for a new bed. It was totally comfortable and the room was impeccably clean. All the staff was excellent in service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here desperate. Rented room 236. After lugging all our gear up to the room ( no elevator), we discovered a large hole in the front wall. The room was small, so we tried to slide the desk over to make an area to store things. The table leg was broken and was just being used to hold up the corner. Apparently recently there was a biker convention and the bikers had a few brawls and caused damage. The desk clerks should advise guests of unrepaired damage prior to renting out the room. The desks clerks were all pleasant and friendly. The beds were comfy. The tub/shower is very small. If you are tall, 6ft and up, or a larger person, the low ceiling my not work for you. It is an older property and not properly maintained. I won't go back and suggest you check out one of the many hotels in the area.

Stayed March 2014
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

My husband, dog, and I stayed at this La Quinta while driving from Florida to Pennsylvania. We just needed a dog-friendly hotel for a quick stopover. Considering we paid less than $70 for one night, I'd say this hotel offers great value. The room was clean, but not spotless, like you wouldn't lie down on the floor or anything. The bed was comfortable and the sheets felt cleanly laundered. This hotel also offers free wireless internet and a decent complimentary breakfast. Considering the perks, its location off of I-95, and its dog-friendly policy, this hotel is a great value.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

This is one the older motels I have stayed in over the years but it is well kept, clean, and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and efficient, the breakfast was good. I have stayed here in past years on my way to Florida and see absolutely no reason why I will not continue to saty here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Savannah I-95? Share your experiences!