“Not so much...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #73 of 112 hotels in Savannah
Miami, Florida
“Not so much...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I didn't think this La Quinta was a nice as the Trip Advisor ratings suggest. The room I had was typical 1-95 corridor - small, dated, somewhat shabby, and dank. I will allow that the beds were new and comfortable and the bed linens were better than average (including double sheeting around the blanket - a nice touch). Also, room-to-room noise wasn't bad.

When I got to the motel the parking lot was being resurfaced and there was very limited parking, so I had to schlep my stuff all the way around the building in the pouring rain. I think travellers should have been advised of this before booking.

My rate was low ($49), but I would gladly have paid more for a better room. I doubt I will stay at this La Quinta again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

359 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Pearl, Mississippi, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stayed here for(Mon-Thurs), and liked it very much! The rooms are clean, the bed is comfortable, and the staff is attentive and courteous. The pool is nice and clean - clear water and they don't over-treat it so that you feel like you're swimming in bleach! There are several restaurants easily within walking distance, and an outlet mall just a block down the street.

No complaints about this hotel - absolutely none! The price for the room was exceptionally reasonable, and I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are best IMHO - the morning sun doesn't wake you up, and you can watch th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Horseheads, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our one night stay at this hotel was convenient and the rooms were fine for our purposes. We were en-route to Florida, so needed an easy-off/easy-on to I-95, which this provided. OK restaurants in the area. We didn't get up in time to take advantage of the free breakfast, mainly because the bed was so comfortable, no one wanted to get up! It was clean and convenient.

Room Tip: Rooms open into the parking lot, but we were in the back and there wasn't much noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tallmadge, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed for two nights and the suite room was great for out two teens and two Goldendoodles. Its not in a scenic location, but it is close to the Great 8th Air Force Museum and 20 minutes from downtown Savannah. Very clean. Staff was friendly. Typical breakfast fare. Pool was nothing fancy, but its not a resort. Fitness Center was a treadmill and a little equipment but I wasn't there to get in shape.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Monmouth, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed here for two nights. The beds are comfy, but I found the small room depressing. There were dark hairs in the tub -- hate that. The door faces the parking lot, motel-style, so it can be noisy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Savannah I-95? Share your experiences!