“Smoke Room” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #75 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Smoke Room”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Checked in late 12:30 and had one room, non-smoking. NOT! Place smelled like smoke, sheets, and then after a night, I felt like I had at least two packs. Was cheap and you pay for what you get. I told the front desk and she said that most likely someone stood outside the room and was smoking and it blew into the room. A bit far fetched. The A/C Heat was not really working and so we could not even circulate the smoke. They do take pets, but be aware that every room has dogs and we had one too and folks get up really early to walk their dogs and boy do they bark. Got ours started and then the folks next door let their dog bark and scratch at our door to see if they could get to our dog. YIKES!! Barking, smoking and not very clearn. I would never stay here again. If you have a dog and like to smoke and want cheap, semi clean then this is your hotel!! We just gave up on sleeping and trying to breath, and left early morning on our way south to Florida. Never again. Fresh Air!!

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here, pick a room away from I-95 and lower level, but if you want to park in f...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Falls Church, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Usually stay at this hotel for overnight stay to and from Florida. For the value, a good hotel for that overnight stay. Staff is pleasant as most of La Quinta hotels that I stay at, always friendly and helpful. Bathrooms seem to be an issue at La Quinta hotels at this price range (shower heads, corking, etc.). Beds are always very comfortable, great night sleep. Breakfast was suitable for what Im looking for, continental type breakfast, and always free. This area has lots of restaurants, a great variety.

Room Tip: La Quinta is always a good value, but some need to upgraded. But the staff are always pleasant.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This was just a stop-over on our way to Florida. In this price range the the room was very nice. King size bed was comfortable, lazy boy type chair and desk with wi-fi. Service and employees nice and efficient even though a lot of people were checking in at the same time. Many choices for breakfast too.

Room Tip: No elevator-so pre-reserve the first floor if you don't want to walk the steps.
Poinciana, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We were on our way to visit our daughter in NC and took our puppy with us so this motel fit the bill. It was easy and convient to get to, the room was OK, had 4 adults and one puppy. It was rather quiet for a dog friendly motel, except in the morning when all the doggies are waking up. Bath room could us an upgrade and towels were made for little people. I am over 6 ft and weigh 200lbs so the towel was like a bath towel to me. Otherwise we enjoyed our stay and will use this facilty again as the price was right and it is half way between our destinations.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Nashville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed here over St. Patty's day weekend (Savannahs busiest weekend). The hotel staff was friendly and the room was clean. Pretty convenient to historic district, feels a little far out but staying in the Gateway/Southside area is the best way to get a decent priced hotel in Savannah. My only complaints: You can forget about the wi-fi working, we stayed pretty close to the lobby and had no luck getting the internet to work (weak signal). It also would've been nice to see some meat on the breakfast bar (ya know some eggs or something). Overall we were pleased with our stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn Savannah I-95? Share your experiences!