“convenient to downtown savannah” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #78 of 111 Hotels in Savannah
A TripAdvisor Member
“convenient to downtown savannah”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

For the convenience to river st and other Savannah hotspots the price isn't bad at all. The front desk staff gave us great directions to anywhere we needed.
Although near i95 the traffic noise wasnt to bothersome. The bed was comfortable. Slept great !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Wilmington, DE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Travelling south to return my dad and the dog to their home in SW FL, we weren't sure how far we would be able to get, so we arrived without a reservation around 9:30 PM, which was not a problem.

The problems started when we were given 2 options for a room...up on the second floor or near the pool. Since our dog isn't familiar with steps, we opted for the room by the pool.

The next problem was when we tried to find a parking space; there were NONE anywhere near our room. We had to park around the building near the front and schlep our stuff to the room.

Next problem, we couldn't get the door open. Both my dad and I tried several times without success. Just as we were going to go back to the desk, a couple came by on the way to their room and said they had had a similar problem and tried the door for us. The guy was able to get it opened so we skipped the trip to the desk. But as we brought stuff from the car, one of us stayed in the room to open the door.

This property has access from the outside only, anyone passing the room was able to have a clear view of all goings on in the room since we were unable to find the curtain to pull across the window. After searching and trying to figure out how it worked (this was not the first time staying in a hotel) we found that someone had broken the pull rod and had pushed the curtains back too far; finally after a bit of a struggle I got the window covered.

At first glance the room looked pretty clean. But that was at first glance. The counter top had hair on it as did the floor in front of the sink and in the bathroom. There were also some pretty long hairs on the toilet.

There was no refrigerator and we had no idea where the ice machine was, not that we wanted to leave the room to find it or that the ice bucket was clean. Even with a plastic liner, I would not have used it.

Being by the pool wasn't as noisy as I expected, but the TV was. It was a great new TV, but as soon as we turned it on it about blasted us out of the room. Turning it down to a bearable level and thinking a previous guest must have left it that way we didn't think anything of it, until we turned it off and on again and it went to the hotel channel. Holy cow did someone have a hearing problem.

Taking the dog out for a walk to do her business was problematic because the lights in the designated area cycled on and off, at times plunging the area into near darkness; then it was very apparent that other guests did not clean up after their dogs and no one else did either because the area was full of dog poop.

As we got ready to settle in for some much needed sleep and turned down the covers, there was hair in the bed and not just a strand or 2. I'm not sure the sheets were actually changed before we got there. I ended up inspecting the pillow cases to make sure they were clean (or at least free of someone else’s hair) and sleeping in my clothes. The bed and pillows were comfortable but staring at the ceiling grossed me out, there was what looked like blood or poop spots up there and on the picture above the bed.

The fun just kept coming when I used the bathroom in the middle of the night and the toilet didn't flush. Around 6:00 AM after an incredibly restless night by both dog and humans I went to the desk and asked for a plunger, instead of offering to send someone to take care of it, she just handed me the plunger. Now it was early and I didn't want to have to wait forever for someone to come, so it really wasn't a problem and in less than 30 seconds the the toilet was flushing again.

Dad went to get us some breakfast while I showered, which was standard continental, it would have been nice though if they had a tray or bag of some type so he could carry stuff back without having to stuff it in his pockets, especially for his coffee and my milk. After we ate, we schlepped our stuff in several trips back to the car, loaded up and headed out.

This is clearly a property that La Quinta acquired because all entrances are outside and there is no elevator and the parking is terrible. It is also clearly an older property that needs to be updated and cleaned.

The only reason I would stay here again is it is pet friendly and convenient to I-95.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Bowling Green, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

After having heard all the great reviews of La Quintas across the land, we decided to hitch our horses here for the night. Bad idea. Upon arriving, the room was STILL not ready. This was at 7pm! We will say that Linda handled the situation gracefully and the staff seemed to work very hard to accommodate us. Although the beds were heavenly, the room was small and unwelcoming, and the shower pressure was so hard that it was downright painful! The continental breakfast left much to be desired. The coffee was disgusting, the bread was soggy, and the milk was just sitting out and warm to the taste! To top it all off, Girl Scout cookies were being sold in the lobby and guests were made to feel guilty by not buying them! What a doozey! Overall, quite a disappointment. PS no fitness center!!!!! :( :( :(

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Monson, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This moderately priced hotel is very convenient for I-95 travelers. The staff is friendly and efficient, but the hotel is dated. We were on the 2nd floor and the only access is from an outside stairwell and walkway. There is no elevator inside the hotel. They probably would have gladly changed our room, but they were completely full that night. This is not surprising, considering their rates - AAA rate is $50 on a week night and $70 on a weekend night (including taxes). The bathroom had peeling paint and the sink had no stopper. There was plenty of hot water and the shower was OK, but not very good water pressure and the shower head wasn't adjustable. The bed was surprisingly comfortable. The free breakfast was like most others - cook it yourself waffles, bagels, muffins, boiled eggs, yogurt, coffee, tea, oatmeal, juice. Wifi was terrible - very slow, no more than 2 bars.
I think for the price I would stay there again even though it's not perfect.
I can sympathize with Jim S, whose complaint about noise was ignored by the staff. if that had happened to me, this would be a very different review.

Room Tip: If you don't like dragging your luggage up stairs, ask for a room on the first floor. Also my da...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bellmore, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

stayed here overnight.lucky got a room on the first floor.place is clean but old .biggest issue was door didnt lock ,we didnt find that out till the next morning which was a little scary .when i told lady at the desk her response was oh i though they fixed that .no refrig in room ,like i said it is old .2 police cars parted in parking lot when we got there and in the same spot when we left,not sure what that means.it is a cheap place to stay .free breakfast was good

Room Tip: try to get first floor ,also pet friendly so stay away if you dont like pets
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Savannah I-95? Share your experiences!