“Comfortable Room, Decent Price” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Savannah I-95
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Gateway Boulevard South, Savannah, GA 31419   |
Ranked #72 of 112 hotels in Savannah
virginia
“Comfortable Room, Decent Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Booked this hotel as a stop-over on the way home to Virginia from Miami. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean! Plenty of restaurants in right across the road. The area seemed safe and it looked like there were Sheriff's deputies patroling the area. It is directly off I95!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

361 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Stay here only as a last resort. Rate was cheap, but the room wasn't very clean.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012 via mobile

I've been to other la Quinta inns across the i95 interstate and this by far was the experience for one night...only positive things I could say is:
Nice and safe
Near many restaurants
Free parking
Pet friendly
Cheap....but wait there's a reason for that I guess for my room:
No fridge in a room
Bathtub is clogged(yes the minute you take a shower)
Dog feces behind a night stand
Sheets felt sticky
Carpet felt disgusting(probably dog urine)
Curtains are unable to close(could not even pull to close as if it was just a display so I used a pin to close them together)
Breakfast blows(no refills doesn't make sense since its open for 3 hrs)
.....so yeah what an experience huh?

• Stayed March 2012
Chestertown, MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

I got bitten by a spider after I took my shower and got into bed. I immediately felt a bite/sting and screamed to my husband something had bitten me. To make a long story short, after arriving in FL as first 'snow birds', I had to make two trips to the emergency room for the wound on my leg which was getting increasingly worse. They ordered me to a surgeon. The surgeon took one look and told his nurse to call the operating room to prepare for emgergency surgery to my left calf. Two hours later I was under anesthesia and had the section of my leg removed which was by that time black, about 4 inches, somewhat round. . La Quinta has offered no response to my calls. I spent 5 weeks of my first trip to Fl as 'snow birds' with my leg elevated and could not put a lot of pressure on it by walking. The wound had to be taken care of daily by changing the dressings and I was on two antibiotics for the infection. The sheets were lying on the Ls Quinta sidewalk outside of the laundry room area when we drove around to our room. I exclaimed to my husband, this doesn't look too healthy. The door was open to the laundry room and linens were all over the sidewalk. This is obviously how the spider got into the clean sheets since little measure was taken to prevent insects from getting into the room with the door open and lights on while the laundry people were doing the linens. La Quinta says I got it before I checked in. Believe me, I did not. Beware!!!

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Pleasant View, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised at this Laquinta. The room was clean, bed very comfortable and property is in good location. Cracker Barrel and other resturants across street; easy access to interstate. About 15 minutes from the downtown historic district. This is the only hotel in Savannah that offers a no pet fee and it stays absolutely full;book early. It seems every room had a dog(s), but I never heard one barking. Thought I would be up all nite due to the barking, but all was quiet and well behaved. The rooms did not smell, the outside was clean of dog poop and even though we were next to the ice machine - never heard anything. We checked in Christmas night and the front desk clerk was less than pleased to be there. Same true for the next three days....clerks are not happy people and want you to know it. NOTE: Be sure to have your room key programmed for your ENTIRE stay, as we were locked out each nite we came back. They tried to blame it on the key being stored next to my cell phone, but not so. We had to walk back to the lobby each nite and have them program it again. Hassle!

Room Tip: Very comfortable beds; assume all rooms are good.