“Great way to experience Savannah” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #2 of 14 Food & Drink in Savannah
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Pleasure your palate and enjoy a beautiful stroll through the picturesque squares of Savannah while learning about the restaurants, specialty food stores, the people and the legends that make the Hostess City the tastiest city in the South.
Hoboken, New Jersey, United States
6 attraction reviews
“Great way to experience Savannah”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Really enjoyed eating and drinking our way through Savannah. Enjoyed each stop on the tour and learned a lot about the city's history along the way. Our tour guide, Irene, was enthusiastic, well-informed and passionate about her city and its food. Would absolutely recommend this.

Enterprise, Alabama
“A great tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This was our second trip to Savannah and we have taken several different tours between the two. This one was one of our favorites. We had Irene and we thought she was great. The walk was very easy Nothing to stressful. Even after taking other tours we learned some things about Savannah that we hadn't been told before. I do wish there had been more "real food". While the honey shop and Salt Table ended up being 2 of our favorite places they don't provide you food. I don't agree that there was enough to make it a light lunch as the description claims. At the cupcake stop Irene told us that the back room is being used as a small gallery for SCAD students so we went back after the tour and bought some prints. We would have never known about that little gem if Irene had not told us. The sticky toffee pudding was so yummy. I have already looked up recipes to try to duplicate it. A suggestion would be for them to talk to the places that we go to about what is provided for vegetarians. At our first stop since my daughter doesn't eat meat she was given tater tots. Not much of a taste experience. Even saying all of that I would go again and I would definitely recommend it!!

Montreal, Canada
“Delicious AND historical”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We have done several food walking tours in various cities and this was the best. The food was very well chosen and a nice variety. It was interesting to have things like the salt store and honey store added in to break up the monotony of just restaurant food. The tour was also a great balance of history with food stories. Our guide was knowledgeable and his spiel was amusing.
We had one older participant in our group with some food intolerances and the guide was flexible for the walking speed and even the content of the tastings.

Denver, Colorado
4 attraction reviews
“A Must in Savannah”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stop counting calories for a few hours and indulge in what has helped make Savannah famous - its delicious food. This tour takes you beyond the stereotypical Paula Deen style food and really dives into what makes the Savannah food scene great. No, you won't be eating fried chicken and grits made with two sticks of butter. Instead, you'll be biting into fresh honey comb, savoring bacon salt, and devouring cupcakes the celebrities crave. There's plenty of seafood, southern classics, and ethnic treats to be found too, showing that Savannah's dynamic food scene is so much more than what the Food Network would have you believe. The history and legends of Savannah are shared too as you walk from restaurant to restaurant, and Stu's charisma and passion for the low country cuisine add to the experience. Each dish you try comes with a full history of it's importance and significance to Savannah.

Visited November 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“More than just a "taste"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Loved this tour of Savannah! Enjoyed the walk down River St and through the parks learning the ALL history and all the tasting stops along the way! My favorite stop was the honey stop. So interesting learning about the bee's and tasting all that different honey. I went back to buy some later. Lots of the guests had never tried oysters before so this was a perfect time to give it a try. Those cupcakes were so big I thought I would never eat it all but sure enough I did. All the tatsings were wonderful and I would highly reccomend this tour to anyone I knew coming to visit!.

Visited November 2012