“good place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Savannah South

You added Econo Lodge Savannah South to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Savannah South
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Gateway Boulevard, I-95 & 204 ex. 94, Savannah, GA 31419   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #98 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Derbyshire uk
“good place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2008

stayed for 4 nights got excellant rate only 15 pounds per night staff were all very helpful room clean and all stuff we needed fridge, tv iron the bar in the hotel was a good place to relax in the evening and only one on this side of the highway , choice of places to eat ruby tuesdays good value. there is a local CAT bus that leaves by hotel for downtown savannah $1 takes about 50 mins but saves on parking and is a interesting journey !!!! good shops nearby for a look round, enjoyed stay, matt in reception was very helpful , if return will prob stay especially if we can get same rate !!!!

• Liked — quiet location good bar in evening to have a few drinks
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
jax
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2008

Where do I begin.......From the beginning, we were not greeted in a welcoming fashion but as "what do you want?" After being checked in , my husband and I left for Savannah hoping to come back to a cool room. Instead, we came back late to a hot room, other people's hair on the sheets, and an extrememly rude night manager. After begging for another room, my disabled husband which was in great pain, and I gathered our belongings and was waiting for the manager to come. He saw us waiting outside the room and stopped to have a conversation with a friend for 10 minutes, threw the keys at us and said the room is upstairs. I told him my husband was disabled and could not finish my sentence for him throwing up his arms saying "oh well". The next morning the cleaner came by our room and said for us to gather up sheets and towels if we wanted new ones. When asked for the general manager, we were given the run around. I have left 3 messages and my phone number to date and still no contact with the general manager. The fence around the pool has four foot gaps in it in several places, allowing any toddler or child into the pool- providing easy access to a fatality. Someone needs to take responsilbitly. Quality Inn should not have their name anywhere on these grounds if they want to keep their name reputable.

• Liked — absolutely nothing!
  • Disliked — the manager refusing to return my messages and phone calls
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2008

This is an older property, it has some dings, however that also means the rooms are quieter than new properties. The rooms have been renovated, the beds are as comfy as high end places, has micro, fridge and coffee maker. Large screen tv, reading chair, table. Room was very clean. If you request a room on the back (away from I95) you overlook a very nice park area. Location is great, right at outlet mall and lots of restaurants. Computer in lobby. No free breakfast, however at a price of $45 who cares. I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Clean/quiet/price
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2008

The room was clean and very nice. There was a big pet area(30x50) across the parking lot to walk your dogs. It's a nice cheap place to stop while traveling with your pets. We will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ottawa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2008

Sticky carpet. You do not want to touch this! The cleanliness was appalling. The bathroom was grimy, the mirror flecked with spit, the toilet obviously not scrubbed, the shower walls slimy with soap rivulets.The freezer in the fridge unit was in serious need of defrosting, and the blankets smelled...I dont want to guess from what. The pillows were lumpy, and the walls were streaked brown here and there, as if from nicotine, but this was a non-smoking room. The sink was not clean, and the microwave was not clean.
The hotel staff at our arrival consitsted of one blank faced girl and a rude guy wandering about. (10pm)The free breakfast was 'whatever, coffee you know, a muffin? yeah? about 630 or whenever?' She must love her job...
The price was the lowest I could find, a great 48$. You get what you pay for, my friends.

Stayed December 2007
Long ISland, N.Y.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2007

This review is late, but I only discovered this site a few days ago. In April 19 2003 I went to the quality Inn in Savannah off I95 gateway. I saw that this was an approved AAA motel. This was at 1:30 pm and the clerk Rajay told me the rooms are not ready till 3:pm. Being this was Easter weekend I decided to prepay the room. We came back at 3:pm and a different clerk was there and her name was Tamara and because I never stayed at this motel, I asked her if the rooms were nice and clean, and she pointed to a AAA Approved sign. The room # was 153. My wife me and my granddaughter went to the room unloaded the car and turned on the air conditioner, and went into Savannah to do some sightseeing and have dinner. We came back to the motel at 8:30 pm and noticed that the room was very hot. I felt the air conditioner and it was blowing hot air. My wife noticed under the bed there were 2 soda cans and there was numerous cigarette burns in the covers. This was supposed to be a non smoking room. The rug on the floor was soaked and buckled,. And my wife tripped on it on the way to the bathroom. The door wouldn’t close because it hit the toilet bowl. The table in the room was filthy and had food stains all over it. I went to the front desk to try and change rooms and spoke to a girl named Tamara, who said there was nothing that they could do, that all of the rooms were booked. I asked for the manager and after about 5 minutes the manager came out and seemed annoyed. I explained to her what the problem was and she said there was nothing that could be done. After insisting something be done she said she would try to contact a part time handyman and to go back to the room. After awhile two men showed up with another air conditioner and put it in. We went to bed and about 3:am I woke up sweating, because the “NEW” air conditioner wasn’t cooling the room. I got disgusted and turned it off and tried to go back to sleep.
In the morning I went to check out and I told the desk clerk about the problems I had and she followed with the same answer which seems to be standard,”THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT”. I thought that the motel would abide by the standards set by the AAA. Thinking this I contacted the AAA and told them what happened. They sent me a form and I filled it out case #2003-8984 and sent it back to them. On June 2, I received a letter, and the answer I got was a joke, Bob Huffman of the AAA said that they investigated my complaint, but they would not let me know what if, or any action was taken. I guess it’s a secret. SO MUCH FOR THE AAA.
I then contacted my credit card company to dispute the charges and was informed any charges over 100 miles on motel accommodations from your home residence made in person are not valid to dispute.
SO MUCH FOR THE CREDIT CARD COMPANIES LOOKING OUT FOR YOU.
Like ELMER FUDD SAY’S *******BE VEWRY VEWRY CAREFULL*****

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — FILTHY ANE NON CARING PERSONEL
  • Stayed April 2003, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2007

I stayed there one night - September 22, 2007. One of my worst experiences with a hotel. And believe me I travel a lot with my job and have had my share of inconsiderate hotel staff. I paid with a credit card only to find that they fraudulently charged my credit card far more than what I had signed. And I've been trying to resove the issue without success.

• Liked — None
  • Disliked — About everything
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Econo Lodge Savannah South? Share your experiences!