“Good, in spite of highway noise” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Savannah South

You added Econo Lodge Savannah South to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Savannah South
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Gateway Boulevard, I-95 & 204 ex. 94, Savannah, GA 31419   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #108 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Charlottesville, VA
“Good, in spite of highway noise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

The good news is that this place is right off of the exit ramp from I-95. The bad news is that it is right off of the exit ramp from I-95, and I can hear the traffic from my room. I can live with that, but not everyone can. I drove around and determined that this was the least expensive among the hotel options at this exit. And its actually a pretty good deal. The area seems safe, everything in my room works and the housekeeping is good. The wifi is decent. If you just need a room for your night on your way somewhere then this Econo Lodge will work fine, provided that you can sleep with traffic noise.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Half way to NC we only stopped for a 7 hour sleep... the beds were commfortable and clean. Its old but clean... friendly girl at front desk... carpet is clean except in the corners... good place for the rate... we only paid $37.00. Will go back. Very convienient to 95... Perkins right there..

• Stayed November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
Reidsville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This was possibly the most filthy hotel I've ever been in. We were exhausted when we arrived, expected the room to be clean, so, we unloaded the car. The walls were dirty and it looked as if someone had punched holes in them. The carpet was ripped from the floor, the bath mat was supposed to be white but, it was dull grey. The tub looked so filthy that we did not bathe. Wires were hanging out from behind the refrigerator. There was a spot on the bottom sheet of one of the beds that looked like semen. We did not ask for a non-smoking room, just for one on the 1st floor and that request was honored but, the room smelled strongly of smoke, covered by a disgustingly sweet deodorizer. The young lady at the front desk made an adjustment after our complaints upon check out. But, this hotel shows a major lack of respect and pride.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank golfsal
Nashville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very nice hotel for the star level and price. Comfortable beds, upgraded countertops, resurfaced bathtub and new locks. Yes, some of the rooms are still being updated but I found my room to be in very satisfactory condition with clean carpet.
Offers a complimentary continental breakfast and attached restaurant with plenty of food choices. Very good location near I-95 but not what I would call close to the airport. Hotel staff were very nice and helpful. Highly recommend for a good hotel at a great price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Greenville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

This place is a dump, and they have the nerve to over charge your card and not even let you know what charges their placing on your card they ran my card so many times that it was declined and it took eleven days to clear it before I could use it again If I lived in Ga I would take them to small claims court to try to recoupe what they took! The place is filithy there are rips and tears in the rugs the curtains are dirty they act like their doing you a favor by letting you stay there and they did not tell me that they were charging me an extra twenty dollars on top of the room rent for the days I stayed there and when I checked out the woman behined the counter tried to charge me more even though the balance was right their on the computer she held me their until she called the manager which caused me to arrive in NC late that afternoon that resuled me in spending more money for a room!

Room Tip: I will never stay there again they never informed me that they were charging my card an extra 20.00...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Jane Z
Stone Mountain, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in. The entire hotel property is run down and needs to be condemned. The carpet, walls & drapes were filthy. The commode & bathroom mirrors were dirty. The bathtub had mole around it and 2 holes in the tub (had never seen anything like that before in my life.) The mattresses had blood stains on them & the pillows were stained too. I wish something could be done about this place because it is owned by foreigners & they are taking advantage of the american consumers. They are getting rich by running a filthy germ infested business with misleading pictures on the internet. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE THIS PLACE ANY MORE BUSINESS MONEY UNTIL THEY CLEAN IT UP. This place shows what they really think of Americans.

Room Tip: Please try to plan your trip as far in advance as possible. You will have a better chance of locatin...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Emerald P
Coconut Grove, Fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Stayed one night on our way to Florida. I was not expecting a new or updated hotel for the price we paid, but at least a clean one. This is definitely the most disgusting hotel I ever stayed at; I have never seen anything like it in my life, not even outside the United States. Bedding did not look clean, the bathroom tub and towels were so dirty that we decided not to shower. The toilet seat was sticky. I did not see a cockroach in our room, but a lady at the Lobby was saying that there were cockroaches in hers. Phone did not work properly; some of the lights were not working either. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family