“Don't do it!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Savannah South

You added Econo Lodge Savannah South to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Savannah South
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Gateway Boulevard, I-95 & 204 ex. 94, Savannah, GA 31419   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #98 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Reidsville
“Don't do it!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This was possibly the most filthy hotel I've ever been in. We were exhausted when we arrived, expected the room to be clean, so, we unloaded the car. The walls were dirty and it looked as if someone had punched holes in them. The carpet was ripped from the floor, the bath mat was supposed to be white but, it was dull grey. The tub looked so filthy that we did not bathe. Wires were hanging out from behind the refrigerator. There was a spot on the bottom sheet of one of the beds that looked like semen. We did not ask for a non-smoking room, just for one on the 1st floor and that request was honored but, the room smelled strongly of smoke, covered by a disgustingly sweet deodorizer. The young lady at the front desk made an adjustment after our complaints upon check out. But, this hotel shows a major lack of respect and pride.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Nashville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very nice hotel for the star level and price. Comfortable beds, upgraded countertops, resurfaced bathtub and new locks. Yes, some of the rooms are still being updated but I found my room to be in very satisfactory condition with clean carpet.
Offers a complimentary continental breakfast and attached restaurant with plenty of food choices. Very good location near I-95 but not what I would call close to the airport. Hotel staff were very nice and helpful. Highly recommend for a good hotel at a great price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Greenville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

This place is a dump, and they have the nerve to over charge your card and not even let you know what charges their placing on your card they ran my card so many times that it was declined and it took eleven days to clear it before I could use it again If I lived in Ga I would take them to small claims court to try to recoupe what they took! The place is filithy there are rips and tears in the rugs the curtains are dirty they act like their doing you a favor by letting you stay there and they did not tell me that they were charging me an extra twenty dollars on top of the room rent for the days I stayed there and when I checked out the woman behined the counter tried to charge me more even though the balance was right their on the computer she held me their until she called the manager which caused me to arrive in NC late that afternoon that resuled me in spending more money for a room!

Room Tip: I will never stay there again they never informed me that they were charging my card an extra 20.00...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Stone Mountain, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in. The entire hotel property is run down and needs to be condemned. The carpet, walls & drapes were filthy. The commode & bathroom mirrors were dirty. The bathtub had mole around it and 2 holes in the tub (had never seen anything like that before in my life.) The mattresses had blood stains on them & the pillows were stained too. I wish something could be done about this place because it is owned by foreigners & they are taking advantage of the american consumers. They are getting rich by running a filthy germ infested business with misleading pictures on the internet. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE THIS PLACE ANY MORE BUSINESS MONEY UNTIL THEY CLEAN IT UP. This place shows what they really think of Americans.

Room Tip: Please try to plan your trip as far in advance as possible. You will have a better chance of locatin...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Coconut Grove, Fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Stayed one night on our way to Florida. I was not expecting a new or updated hotel for the price we paid, but at least a clean one. This is definitely the most disgusting hotel I ever stayed at; I have never seen anything like it in my life, not even outside the United States. Bedding did not look clean, the bathroom tub and towels were so dirty that we decided not to shower. The toilet seat was sticky. I did not see a cockroach in our room, but a lady at the Lobby was saying that there were cockroaches in hers. Phone did not work properly; some of the lights were not working either. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Social Circle, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

This is the most disgusting hotel in the entire US!! We checked in and check right back out. The sheets weren't changed from the previous guest and there were roaches in the room. It stunk like urine also. I went to the front desk to get a refund and the desk clerk called me a b***h and then charged my credit card a total of $198.53. I went back the next day after checking my bank acct and finding the charges on it. We are still trying to get a refund 3 hours later. I type this as I am sitting in the lobby waiting for my refund. While doing this I saw a rat run across the parking lot. Then another guest walks back in after checking in demanding a refund because there are rat feces in the bathroom!! Like I said this is the most disgusting hotel that needs to be torn down! Management is giving me a hard time also because they don't speak English and don't know what the hell they are doing!!

Room Tip: Go to the Red Roof Inn across the street
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011 via mobile

The first non-smoking room smelled of feces and cigarette smoke, had leaky tub faucet, mismatched toilet seat, yellow-stained washcloth stuck to wall behind mattress, non-working phone (used my cellphone to call front desk), glass in picture above bed was cracked end to end, wall to wall carpet had been ripped out and was leaning against wall, one outlet cover was laying on floor other outlet had no cover and was itself laying on the floor, unidentifiable stains on wall (looked like feces), floor had not been vacuumed (found someones electric razor brush).
We didn't notice most of these things until after we got ice from the one machine that worked which was on the opposite end of the motel from our room. By the time we decided to leave we could not be refunded because the receptionist said we had been in the room too long (more than 15 minutes). Second room slightly better but looks like someone changed an engine in the tub, the floor is lumpy and it looks like the room was repainted to cover up mold (there are suspicious black spots in an area that didn't get painted).

• Stayed November 2011

Been to Econo Lodge Savannah South? Share your experiences!