“DISGUSTING, take a look at the pictures I posted.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Savannah South

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge Savannah South to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Savannah South
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Gateway Boulevard, I-95 & 204 ex. 94, Savannah, GA 31419   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #102 of 111 Hotels in Savannah
Coconut Grove, Fl
“DISGUSTING, take a look at the pictures I posted.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Stayed one night on our way to Florida. I was not expecting a new or updated hotel for the price we paid, but at least a clean one. This is definitely the most disgusting hotel I ever stayed at; I have never seen anything like it in my life, not even outside the United States. Bedding did not look clean, the bathroom tub and towels were so dirty that we decided not to shower. The toilet seat was sticky. I did not see a cockroach in our room, but a lady at the Lobby was saying that there were cockroaches in hers. Phone did not work properly; some of the lights were not working either. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Social Circle, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

This is the most disgusting hotel in the entire US!! We checked in and check right back out. The sheets weren't changed from the previous guest and there were roaches in the room. It stunk like urine also. I went to the front desk to get a refund and the desk clerk called me a b***h and then charged my credit card a total of $198.53. I went back the next day after checking my bank acct and finding the charges on it. We are still trying to get a refund 3 hours later. I type this as I am sitting in the lobby waiting for my refund. While doing this I saw a rat run across the parking lot. Then another guest walks back in after checking in demanding a refund because there are rat feces in the bathroom!! Like I said this is the most disgusting hotel that needs to be torn down! Management is giving me a hard time also because they don't speak English and don't know what the hell they are doing!!

Room Tip: Go to the Red Roof Inn across the street
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011 via mobile

The first non-smoking room smelled of feces and cigarette smoke, had leaky tub faucet, mismatched toilet seat, yellow-stained washcloth stuck to wall behind mattress, non-working phone (used my cellphone to call front desk), glass in picture above bed was cracked end to end, wall to wall carpet had been ripped out and was leaning against wall, one outlet cover was laying on floor other outlet had no cover and was itself laying on the floor, unidentifiable stains on wall (looked like feces), floor had not been vacuumed (found someones electric razor brush).
We didn't notice most of these things until after we got ice from the one machine that worked which was on the opposite end of the motel from our room. By the time we decided to leave we could not be refunded because the receptionist said we had been in the room too long (more than 15 minutes). Second room slightly better but looks like someone changed an engine in the tub, the floor is lumpy and it looks like the room was repainted to cover up mold (there are suspicious black spots in an area that didn't get painted).

• Stayed November 2011
Plant City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011 via mobile

Stopped enroute for a nights stay. Our room was adequately sized some attempt had been made to freshen it up. Easy to see poorly repaired water damage in bath area, towels were not fresh smelling and carpeting is filthy!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011
Anderson, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

we checked in july 1 and the first room i got smelled like smoke and it was a none smoking room. they switched us to another room and the door lock was broke. they swiched us to another room the shower was dirty the soap dish in the shower was very dirty. they did not clean my room the next day so i sent for some towels and the house cleaner bought some dirty looking towels i had to go down to the front desk to get some more. when i got ready to check out they tried to charge me for friday night which i had already paid for it was on my credit card.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

There is nothing really horrible or good to say about this hotel. The room was average, clean but kinda run down. The bathroom needed work...the shower curtain rod was barely hanging on by a single screw and the tun had nicks and dents in it. The back of the bathroom door looked like someone took metal and scraped gouges into it. The bed was clean and comfortable.

The price included breakfast at the Perkins adjoining the motels lobby and that was very nice....what you'd expect. You got the choice of a couple different items or so much off the bill if you chose something else. So I'm considering the breakfast into the value of the room and is one of the redeeming values.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Michigan, North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

The Place Is real run down. someof the rooms smell . but we got a okay one for the price .brekfast seemed like a scam. frr breakfast means free. but u have to pay for it .huse keepers very rude . no clean towels . but we had a ray of sunshine . connie the front esk clerk was amazing . she went above and beyond her call of duty . but at the end we had clean towels and everything we ask for . she was vey nice . what a true southern . i love the south . and yes i would stay there again . she is a real gem ........ will return in the summer .

Room Tip: ask for connie
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Econo Lodge Savannah South? Share your experiences!