“Great Place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Fenelon Falls Ontario
“Great Place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

Located in the historique section of town. Its a short 10 minute walk to waterfront or the beautiful parks of Savannah. Our stay could not have been more comfortable. Good size rooms with access to internet. The rooms are quite soundproof. No noise here. Breakfast was a real treat in the morning. Everything was available. Its a thumbs up for this place and a return visit is quaranteed. Thanks to staff for a great stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
ComforSuitesHistoric, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Historic District, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to share such kind words about your experience with us while you were visiting Savannah, GA. Having a guest give us thumbs up and guarantee a return visit is a terrific testimony. I can assure you each of our staff members truly enjoyed having you as a guest in our hotel.

I look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Kristen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Comfort Suites in the Historic District of Savannah was well located to restaurants, walking tours and attractions of this great city. Rooms were clean and well appointed. Staff was helpful and informative as needed. Liked the breakfast and the computer which allowed us to print boarding passes.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
ComforSuitesHistoric, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Historic District, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Comfort Suites Historic District while in Savannah, GA. I am thrilled to know you were impressed with our staff, cleanliness of our hotel, and the location of our hotel property.

We look forward to having you back again soon!

Wooster, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Comfort Suites Historic Savannah is clean, comfortable, convenient to Savannah hot spots, yet quiet, and reasonably priced. I would definitely stay again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am beyond thrilled to know you were pleased with the value, location, cleanliness, and staff service. Everyone at Comfort Suites Historic District looks forward to having you as a guest again in the near future.

Tupelo, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

love savannah ,spent six days oct.23 --oct.29 2011 location is great very good very quiet
highly impress how clean,nice this place is very reasonable price. the most helpful also very
caring staff .have stayed in many hotels this staff from a--z tops it all hope can go back soon
would stay here.

Room Tip: 3rd floor facing parking lot -perfect.
Dear Linda,

I am so happy to know you enjoyed all 6 days with us while you were in Savannah. Our staff takes to heart positive comments and I will most certainly pass along your kind words. We look forward to seeing you in the near future!

Lexington, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

My family and I love Savannah. When we started discussing where to vacation this year it didn't take us long to settle on a return to trip to this beautiful city. The previous year we had visited and stayed outside of town. We knew this trip we wanted to walk the city, preferably from our hotel. Hotel rooms IN the historic district do not come cheap so I immediately began to shop around and read reviews wanting to get the most for my money. The discount I get through my insurance often puts Choice Hotels at the top of my list and this time was no different.
I almost skipped this hotel based on some comments about the neighborhood, I am glad I didn't. The hotel was clean, well kept, the staff friendly and for a hotel room, the room was generous in size. The beds were quite comfortable.The breakfast was adequate, waffles, hard boiled eggs, pastries, breakfast breads, and a rotating assortment of biscuits/egg patties/ sausage/ bacon. Usually in a combination that allowed for a breakfast biscuit with meat and egg.
The in room Ethernet cable provided made researching our days plans a cinch and the indoor pool and hot tub were a great way to treat yourself, especially your feet, after walking all day. Savannah is a city best done by foot though the free DOT shuttle does shrink the size to doable. In fact, the nearest DOT stop is only about five or six blocks up Bay Street. The district is only about two maybe three blocks. As for the neighborhood, had I not already read that the complex across the street was public housing, I likely wouldn't have immediately realized it. Obviously the people who complained have never seen public housing in Memphis, but I digress. My biggest concern stemmed more from the convenience store on the corner but in our four nights there walking back and forth in and out of the district, no one ever bothered us and there was plenty of foot traffic around us. Walk/DO NOT WALK signals make crossing busy intersections quite doable and getting around this city on foot and with the DOT is a breeze.
By far, I think this hotels biggest asset was its staff. The gentleman in the breakfast room was always quick to greet us and ask how our stay was going and to make certain the breakfast foods were stocked and ready. The front desk clerks greeted us with a friendly welcome as we came and went, and the gentleman at the front desk the evening before we left even called ahead and booked a ghost tour for us. When we cut our stay a night short to make a stop in Atlanta on the way home, they made the check out and refund process quick and painless. All in all this is a great hotel and great place to stay. The free parking doesn't hurt and after observing some of the loading and unloading on busy streets at other hotels, I think I may be glad I wasn't right in downtown after all.

Dear Guest,

I have to thank your from the bottom of my heart for you review. You hit on all of the key areas we strive daily to provide each guest that walks through our front doors. Each of our staff members will be beyond thrilled to hear such positive feedback.

Our location does allow us to provide our guest with complimentary hotel amenities such as onsite parking and free parking. The complimentary hot deluxe breakfast is a selling point to our hotel. Our staff strives to exceed the average expectations of a free breakfast and I know they will be thrilled to know you had such wonderful comments directed towards the service and food selection.

In the future when you and your family come back to visit Savannah I will be more than honored to have you as a guest in our hotel once again.

Swansea, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at the Comfort Suites. The hotel is reasonable priced compared to other hotels in the Historic District. The hotel is a few blocks away from the main historic district but certainly within walking distance if you have no mobility issues. Other reviewers commented on the low income housing across the street from the hotel but never did we feel uncomfortable or unsafe walking to and from the hotel; whether day or night. We literally walked every where! The free parking on-site is a plus as most hotels in the hotel district that we looked at did not have on-site parking or only offered valet parking. The rooms were clean and having the separate seating area with a couch was a nice change. The staff were very pleasant as well. This was my first trip to Savannah! I was pleased with the beautiful city and the hotel and will certainly return.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
ComforSuitesHistoric, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Historic District, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Dear Christi,

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel. We take great pride in our facility and truly enjoy hearing positive feedback from guest like your. I am happy to know you and your husband enjoyed your time in Savannah, GA and plan to return in the future.

Hope to have you and your husband as a guest in our hotel when you return.

Kristen

P.S. I am happy to know you enjoyed the free on-site parking as well!
Buckhannon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

My wife and I were in Savannah visiting family and stayed here for a date night. Its a nicely kept hotel. It is about 4 blocks to the historic district, so if you have a problem with walking take this into consideration. Its a smoke free hotel. We spent our afternoon and evening enjoying River St. and the Market so we only used our suite and none of the hotels other amenities. when returning from our evening out we noticed a security guard walking around the parking lot. I travel for work and often stay in the Comfort Inn chain and would recommend this hotel for its Value, Comfort, and Cleanliness.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites Historic District? Share your experiences!