“Best Hotel Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 112 hotels in Savannah
mbdb
“Best Hotel Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2007

My friends and I spent four nights at the Doubletree Hotel in Savannah. The staff are absolutely wonderful! We knew them by name, and everyone was so friendly and helpful. My friends and really were impressed with the service from Nick, Benton, and Bruce. The hotel was very clean, the rooms were great, and the location was perfect-- we could walk to anything and everything. Check with the staff before booking any ghost tours, we went on one that was awful and later found out through the staff that they never would of recommended the tour we took! They are very knowledgable and helpful. I have stayed in many hotels and have been to many places, but never have I been so impressed with a hotel. I would love to go back!

• Liked — the staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

925 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2007

I had the pleasure of staying at the Doubltree in Savannah’s Historic Downtown District in March of 2007, the room was clean and nicely furnished… but it was the STAFF that made my trip so great. Marilyn at the front desk was an Angel sent from heaven to bring joy to the guest that are fortunate enough to stay at the Doubletree in Savannah. I have never seen a person so helpful in all of my years of traveling. I will come back to Savannah just to stay at the Doubletree again. Highly recommend this property. A nice get away for Floridians not wanting to travel to far!

• Liked — Marilyn at the Front Desk
  • Disliked — no Balcony
  • Stayed March 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hummelstown, pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2007

This hotel is located right in the Historic District and walking is easy to any location. The staff was courteous and the rooms spacious and clean. It was Just Fine for what it was. I would stay here again.

Stayed May 2007
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2007

The hotel is well located and as such it is worth it if you are planning on touring the historic district. However we found that it was very expensive for what we got, with almost everything costing extra. The room was nice, excellent bed, but a room is a room. There is no complimentary breakast (costs 8 dollars) and there is no complimentary parking, valet parking costs another 15 dollars a night. Asked for cup of tea in room service, 7 dollars, no cookies available in room service but i could buy some from reception if I walked down to them. Basically, staff were friendly but the hotel comes across as expensive yet penny-pinching.

• Liked — room decoration and cleanliness
  • Disliked — hidden costs
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2007

Stayed here while attending a conference at the Hyatt across the street. The good: This hotel is very conveniently located in the historic district, as well as close to the bayfront area. Everything
is within walking distance and yet it remained fairly quiet at night.

The front desk staff and parking valet were always friendly and accomodating. The room itself is somewhat small, but clean and well maintained. Considering we were only in the room to sleep at night, it was fine. The large poster bed was very comfortable. The bad: My biggest concern was when I came back to the room during the day, our door was ajar with the safety latch stuck in the opening. I saw the housekeeping cart, but could not locate the housekeeper. I'm not sure
why, but it seemed that as they finished cleaning each room, they left the doors ajar - as many other doors on our floor were also open. I was greatly disturbed by this, especially given the lack of safes in the room. When I mentioned it to the lady at the front desk,
she said she would look into it and I heard nothing further about it.

Despite this hotel being a good value and conveniently located, I will definitely think twice about staying here next time, if at all.
In addition, as much as I love Paula Deen's show - it is quite the hassle to get into her restaurant for a meal. Save time and skip it. Instead try out the Firefly Cafe or Soho South, they are both excellent and seemed to cater more to the locals than the tourists.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Matthews, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2007

My husband and I love Savannah, and go every chance we can get. We've stayed in quite a few of the moderately priced hotels in the historic district, and for the money, this one is the best! Sure, the rooms are very homogenous, but they are quite clean and attractive and had all the amenities we need. My husband had never stayed in a Doubletree before, and the cookie on the bed was a novel treat for him! Their free continental breakfast was a step above your typical hotel breakfast, and the location was fabulous- right next to the City Market and very close to the Riverfront. The one thing I DON'T like is the parking situation. It is essentially ALL valet parking,which is very fast and convenient, but, being people who NEVER carry cash, I always feel like such a cheapskate when I have forgotten to have cash handy to tip the valets! Of course they tell you that tipping is unnecessary, but...

• Liked — Rooms were clean and attractive
  • Disliked — Lack of self-parking
  • Stayed November 2005, traveled as a couple
Goochland, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2007

This was our honeymoon trip, after staying in Charleston, we ventured to Savannah before returning to Virginia. We arrived at the hotel, it took a while to get checked in. I didn't find the staff at all friendly or helpful. We were told that the bellman was "required" to take our luggage to our rooms, which was a lie. They were looking for their own tip. We decided the night before to take our own luggage down, and were not taking NO for an answer.

Being avid fitness individuals, we went to the gym daily on both trips. The fitness equipment in the Doubletree is archaic and filthy. We were not impressed. The room was nice and clean, but noisy. It had nothing to do with the hotel, it was just the area. Our room on our second day there, had still not been cleaned by 3:30 in the afternoon. I had to call the front desk to have someone come up to clean it.

I enjoyed Savannah, but will find another place to stay the next time I visit there.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Noise, cleanliness
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Savannah Historic District? Share your experiences!