“A top hotel experience. Great service and value for money.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast Package
Ranked #32 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Lady Lake, Florida
“A top hotel experience. Great service and value for money.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We had a very pleasant 3 day stay. The car valet service guy was courteous and helpful. The reception staff were warm and welcoming. The room was superb and the breakfast was the best we have eaten in a long time. This hotel is simply excellent value for money and ideally placed for a trip to Savannah.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Amarillo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

We pulled up to the valet entrance and found a long double lane of cars. I thought, "this is going to take forever"! In a flash, a polite valet attendant ran up, (when was the last time you saw an employee anywhere run?) apologized for the long lines, and explained that he would handle our car and bags if we would like to check in. Our check in was quick and flawless. We got to our room and a very few minutes later the attendant was at the door with our bags. The rooms are small, but very nicely appointed. Bed was very comfortable and outside noise was non existent. Extremely clean! The elevators are very quick. The hotel is right where you want to be for historic activity. I suggest the "Savannah Walks" tours. They have several. Excellent for the price! Hotel practically sits next to the City Market and across the street from River St. with LOTS of shops, dining, and drinks. We would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I were traveling home from North Carolina and decided to stay overnight in Savannah. The woman that checked us in was super unfriendly and short. We encountered several issues with our first room and management quickly moved us to another floor. The bed was comfortable, as were the pillows. We had free internet access in the room to accommodate up to three devices. The room had a flat panel HD TV, but no mini fridge. Room service and the breakfast buffet was simply wonderful. The bellmen were awesome!! I can't brag enough about them.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Danielle V, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Savannah Historic District, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Your comments about your stay at our hotel made us smile. We know it’s the little things that make your stay more comfortable, along with our great location to Savannah's best attractions. However, I would like to apologize for the level of service you received from one of our team members.We will be sure to address that situation, but we hope to see you again soon.

All the best,
Danielle Valenchis
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Spent several nights at the DoubleTree in Savannah in July. My room was large and comfortable. Management responded immediately to several special requests. I took advantage of a less-expensive upgrade as a Hilton member. The facility was very clean and the service was good. I might only suggest that the "Irish" bar carry cider and some other more traditionally Irish drinks.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The hotel staff was excellent all around for a last minute reservation. We booked through Hotwire and ended up with a smoking room and a king bed (not ideal for 3 people who don't smoke). The hotel staff worked with us to update our reservation (no charge) and get us into a nicer room that didn't reek of smoke. I would definitely NOT risk staying in a smoking room there if you're not accustomed to it. The room we were in at first smelled horrible.

Apart from that, the hotel was great, located in a very nice part of town just on the edge of the historic district. The valet staff were great and the front desk staff were extremely helpful. I would definitely recommend this place for a stay.

Room Tip: Be sure to clarify your room isn't and has not been a smoking room. We stayed on the south side...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I liked the Hotel very much. It was clean and the staff was friendly. However, I was not pleased with the Concierge and the information that they gave me. I was only in Savannah for 3 full days and wanted to venture out to a Mall and I was never told about Ogelthorpe or Savannah Mall. I found out the day I left by the nice cab driver that took me to the Airport.
That was a great disappointment, since after 3 days I was getting bored with the shops at the City Market. While some of the stores were quaint most were too "touristy" for me.
I also asked about a Plantation nearby and was never informed of Wormsloe which I would have loved to take a tour of. That was a huge disappointment! I enjoyed the Trolley tour but was not impressed by the wait for the next one should I decide to get off and take pictures. I think the trolleys should give people the option to get off for 10 minutes and take pictures or wait for the next trolley. I also was not impressed by the Ghost Tour at the Sorrel House. I think it was staged and not impressive at all. The house was beautiful but the tour lacked information.
I am not sure at this point if I would go to Savannah again but perhaps I would since I have done further research and realized all the things that should have been told to me or provided to me by the Concierge.

Room Tip: Ask about the view from room. I did not like the back alley view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

It took awhile to check in, but all and all it was a nice hotel with friendly staff.

The rooms were a little out dated furniture wise, but the view was very pretty.

I would recommend staying here if you don't mind waking a little ways to get to River St.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Savannah Historic District? Share your experiences!