“Just Wonderful..” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Denver
“Just Wonderful..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I love this hotel. It has a great restaurant, a good sized bar which also serves
restaurant fare and wonderful amenities such as a fitness room, free parking,
spacious rooms (I received an upgrade) and they have comfortable beds.
The hotel is located close to the historic district and many restaurants.
The decor is more set to traditional and I have been so used to modern design with hotels
, but this was a welcomed change. I was here for leisure and some of the local tours.
The desk staff specifically Mariah who checked me in and Craig who provided information and excellent direction was professional and very courteous. the maid service was excellent.
High grades from me to this hotel. My hats off to the management team who have trained the employees to provide 4 star service.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

This is a wonderful hotel in a wonderful location, with wonderful service. What more could you want? Easy launching point to see all of Savannah's history and charm.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Stayed here for a few nights in late May during a business trip. The hotel is amongst a strip of hotels along the edge of the bay. The location of the hotel is perfect for it's proximity to the town. I found it to be very comfortable and clean. Has a gym and outdoor pool to relax by. It was run with quiet efficiency and the staff were very attentive. My best thanks are reserved for the guys running the front garage. Nothing is too much trouble for them. If I had to mention a bad point it would have to be the noise from the traffic on the main road which, if you are in a room at the front would certainly interrupt your sleep. Would certainly stay again on my next trip.

Room Tip: Floor 2 at the back of the hotel.
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Being at the hotel was a joy from the outset. Im not alone in saying the cookies that are given out at check is not the only reason why anyone would stay. The staff is wonderful i was rushed in my check in to get to a dinner but Craig who checked me in efficient and helpful to make sure I met my party in time. Taylor and the valet parkers and bellman are friendly and the restaurant where we ate breakfast was a smiling bunch, that wrapped up my enjoyable stay Every hotel should have a staff like this one.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Doubletree hotel in historic Savannah, GA. I can't say enough good things about the stay. From Taelor meeting me upon arrival and taking my luggage to my room, check in and ultimately check out, everyone was very friendly! I couldn't have had a more memorable vacation as the one I just experienced, I can't wait to return!!! As for valet parking, if I needed to get something from my car or wanted to take it out, everyone was extremely courteous; everyone always had a friendly smile for me! I would definitely recommend Doubletree hotel in the historic district to anyone. The hotel was close to the places I wanted to visit and shop, very close to the Savannan river and River street!

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Danielle V, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Savannah Historic District, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Taelor is our girl! We are very fortunate to have her on our team because she truly is fantastic at her job and providing the best for the guests. We take pride in giving our guests 100% customer satisfaction and there is no bigger compliment than hearing “I can’t wait to return!” Come back and see us again soon – we’ll be waiting with those warm Doubletree cookies and more great service!

All the best,
Dannie
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here on a business trip and it was a very nice property. The rooms were very nice and roomy. I loved my stay other than an issue I had with a wake up call. I requested a wake up call at 6 am and they did not call me until 6:45 am which put me late to an appointment. I had to eat my breakfast on the go. When I reported the incident to the front desk I just got a "sorry". I am a Hilton Diamond member and typically they are very generous when an issue like this arises. I would have requested to talk to management but I was already late and didn't want to be later to my meeting. Other than that issue my stay was perfect. I will try this hotel again at some point due to the location and price. Hopefully this issue was only an one time occurance.

• Stayed May 2012
Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I was very pleased with this hotel, from location and condition of the property, to the very gracious staff. Upon my arrival, late on a Saturday night, I was treated to great service and a warm cookie and even a glass of milk upon request. :) I could tell the management and training was in order here and that everyone I encountered, was on board and took pride in the property and their job.
Some guest pulled a fire alarm one evening, but the desk staff and security on duty handled the situation professionally and efficiently.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Savannah Historic District? Share your experiences!