You added Bluegreen Vacations Studio Homes at Ellis Square, an Ascend Resort Collection to your Saves list
Bluegreen Vacations Studio Homes at Ellis Square, an Ascend Resort Collection
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   120 West Bryan Street, Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
“southern haven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

When I think of Savannah, I don't think much of it. I think of a, old, dingy, dirty, old-fashioned town. That sterotype could not be farther from the truth as was proved with my recent stay. I was there for only 2 days- March 9-March 10. The rooms were super clean, Im a clean freak, so I always check the floor and mirrors for handprints and go to the bathroom to see traces of hair. It passed my inspection. I could not find anything wrong with the property and the hotel has a very home like feel. When I called to update my reservation, I asked for the sofa sleeper to be made upon my arrival. We were traveling with kids and were due to get in around 7 or 8pm and I wanted everything already made up. To my surprise, it was done just as such. There have been soooo many times when simple requests, such as extra pillows or towels or blankets be placed in my room, where it simply did not get done. The appliances were totally new, from stainless steel fridge, toaster, oven, microwave, spic and span clean oven mitts, just everything was fantastic. My only complaint was that there was construction going on, across the street which woke me up and the less than friendly security guard of the property who "politely" informed me that his shift didn't start til 10:00pm. I was trying to speak with him and I was annoyed by the fact that he was on his cell phone since I felt was rude and he should have been assisting me, at which time he told me he was early for his shift. i thought most companies don't allow u to be on the "floor: unless working and how the hell was I supposed to know he wasn't on the clock? Other than that, this was a perfect stay. We went just as St. Patrick's day festivities were getting under way so the city was vibrant and active. We were there for my daughter's gymnastics meet which coincided with the Girl Scouts Annual Convention so the city was on fire!!! River Street is a few blocks within walking distance from the hotel and u can catch a free water taxi to other parts of the district so essentially, once u park at the Hotel/Whitaker Street Garage, you really don't have to move your car since there is a free trolly as well that takes u around. I will certainly be back to really take in the city and would certainly stay here. The posted rates are pretty steep, but i was fortunate to get it on a travel zoo deal which put the nightly rate at around $150 for a one bedroom.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

My wife and I just returned from a three night stay at the Studio Homes. For the price we paid, there is no better place to stay in Savannah. Before choosing this place, understand that it is not really a hotel. There is no restaurant, fitness center, pool, etc. Maid service comes by request only. There is no free continental breakfast, and so on.

We did not really care about the lack of the above stated amenities, especially when we saw the place. It really is a well put together apartment. The decor, furniture and the hardwood floors were definitely high quality.

First, the kitchen is amazing. It has more or less anything you would need in a kitchen and more. My wife had brought carrots but forgot to bring a carrot grater. No problem, the kitchen had one.The bedroom was small, but there was really no reason for it to be big since there was plenty of living space. I also loved the flat screen TV mounted to the bedroom wall. Nice touch. Bathroom was really nice, very big, great shower. Everything was solid as far as quality. I would post pictures of everything, but seriously the place looks exactly like it did in the pictures on the various websites.

The location was perfect. The place is within walking distance of anything you could possibly want to see in Savannah and literally a 1 minute walk from City Market, Broughton St and River St. All in all, the place was a great stay. I would highly recommend, especially if you are the type that likes to bring along some food while away.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

This is a brand new apartment type hotel.The one-bedroom unit we stayed in was amazingly decorated with dark hardwoods, separate bedroom/ living room area and a full kitchen complete with a huge stainless steel fridge, oven, and microwave. It was in a prime location right in the middle of the historic district, close to River Street, City Market, and shopping off Broughton. The staff was very pleasant and I wish that we stayed more than one night. Hopefully, we'll be back again soon!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
brooklet, ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Have the front desk explain the parking operation and what you are going to have to do when you arrive. The location is excellent, you do not have to drive anywhere. We walked to the Historic Savannah theater for a show. Catch a trolley and see the sights and have some great food.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
asheville,nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

The apartments are spacious, beautifully furnished and very comfortable. The staff are perhaps the most courteous and helpful that I've ever encountered. The full kitchen has everything you need to cook and serve full meals. There is even a rooftop terrace for enjoying a glass of wine and the view. The location is excellent, a five minute walk to the City Market and River Street. I will definitely stay here again whenever I'm in Savannah.

Room Tip: Park in the Whittaker St. garage for $16 per day rather than pay the hotel fee of $25 per day.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

Husband and his best friend stayed here for four nights. They were never more impressed with a hotel property than they were with this one. For the price, they couldn't do better in a downtown hotel near River St. Was within short walking distance to City Market, River St. and Historic Downtown Savannah. Bedrooms were large, beds comfortable and bathrooms luxurious! Staff friendly and helpful. Good security. Rooms were extremely clean. Bedrooms were on opposite ends of suite, plenty of privacy. Would definitely recommend staying here and will definitely be back here again!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

This apartment complex has been turned into an upper class rental apartments , incorporating high end furniture in modern decorated spacious suites.

We were coming to Savannah for a Saturday night. 2 rooms in a 4star hotel was running at $320 + tax + parking.

We secured a 2 bed apartment (using trip advisor to book) for $175 including tax and parking.

Every apartment has high end luxury touches.

We were fortunate to be upgraded to the presidential suite (6th floor of 7) which was amazing. Even had a wrap around patio with jacuzzi!

One block away from bay st, 2 blocks from the river and river st. It's location is perfect. The parking garage is under the complex. (note: if you are going to use your car while staying, pay parking with the hotel. If you're parking your car and not using it until you leave which is easily done, then pay at the parking lot, it will work out cheaper.)

Overall, a great stay the rooms are more spacious. Separate bedrooms. A living room. Kitchen. All with regular hotel essentials... Microwave, wine cooler, fridge, iron, coffee facilities, hair dryers and so much more... Flat screen Tv's.

We're coming back for sure!

• Stayed January 2012

Been to Bluegreen Vacations Studio Homes at Ellis Square, an Ascend Resort Collection? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Bluegreen Vacations Studio Homes at Ellis Square, an Ascend Resort Collection

Address: 120 West Bryan Street, Savannah, GA 31401
Ranked #3 of 14 Specialty Lodging in Savannah
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Bluegreen Vacations Studio Homes at Ellis Square, an Ascend Resort Collection 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Bluegreen Vacations Studio Homes at Ellis Square, an Ascend Resort Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Bluegreen Vacations Studio Homes at Ellis Square, an Ascend Resort Collection, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.