“A hidden treasure” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Henry's

Henry's
28 Drayton Street, Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)
912-232-6628
Improve this listing
Ranked #62 of 772 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: They open at 6:30am-3:00pm, they serve breakfast and lunch, also has a breakfast buffet and a soup and salad bar for lunch. Phone number is 912-232-6628
Brandon, Florida
“A hidden treasure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

While visiting Savannah, one of the locals recommended Henry's Restaurant. Located away from River Street and the crowds of the City Market, Henry's was delightful. We were immediately seated and warmly greeted. Our server was extremely pleasant and we exchanged pleasant conversation. The food arrived promptly. I had an omelet which came with toast and grits. The grits were creamy and delicious. Good value and good food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Morgantown, West Virginia
“Great for a quick cheap lunch. Get the Shrimp Po' Boy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

By the recommendation of the other reviews, we stopped here and got the po' boy. It was not on the menu, but on a hand written sign floating around. I got a good sized sandwich and helping of fries. We got the curly fries which were great. The sandwich was AMAZING! The shrimp wasn't heavily breaded, cooked right, and the sauce had great flavor. My wife and I both got the same thing. We walked out of there very satisfied and all while spending about $20 tip included on a meal. That's hard to do in this town.

Also, the place was very clean and the staff very polite. Great experience! Watch their hours though, they're not open very long. Usually 10am-3pm

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Acworth, Georgia
“Good food & inexpensive, but lacked service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We dined at Henry's yesterday for breakfast after reading many good reviews from Yelp and TripAdvisor. I had the buffet and my husband had the chicken and waffles special.

We were seated immediately upon arrival at a clean table and were addressed quickly by a waitress for our food and drink orders. She was nice and got us our food and drinks with good speed. After that, we never saw her again nor did she ever even look our way again. My water glass sat empty as did my husband's coffee cup. This was incredibly disappointing. After sitting with our dirty plates and empty cups for about 15 minutes, my husband finally got our server's attention and we got our bill.

As for the food, it was good. My husband said the fried chicken that came with the waffles was "fried perfectly" and some of the best he's ever had. My buffet food was better than an average buffet but some things were hits and some were misses.

I would go back again in hopes that our service was just a miss and that it would be better next time. I also would probably not get the buffet again and just order the items that I really wanted.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Quick, hearty breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

This is a great option for those wanting a hearty breakfast. It is reasonably priced and the service was exceptionally fast. Henry, the owner, is extremely personable and made us smile. Conveniently located right off Renolds Square, this is a great option for a good, affordable breakfast. And it is great to see that they got a 99 on their 7/2013 health inspection!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Savannah, Georgia
“Great Breakfast!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I live here and love to take our visitors here. By working here in the hospitality community you see it all, the good and the horrible. Tourist have no clue sometimes where to go to have a great affordable breakfast. Henrys is located on North Drayton Street almost to Bay Street.

When you enter it smells good, is bright and sunny and CLEAN! You will find locals as well as tourist here. The menu is the best priced in town and breakfast is delicious and always served hot. They remember regulars and even repeat tourist that come here from out of town often,

I am very particular regarding cleanliness and food quality. You will not find Henrys up scale but what you will find is a great breakfast or lunch of generous portions and served with pride and smiles. They know they are great and you will feel appreciated for your patronage!

• Visited August 2013