“Great kayaking and great view!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Savannah Canoe and Kayak

Savannah Canoe and Kayak
414 Bonaventure Road, Savannah, GA 31404 (Yamacraw Village)
(912) 341-9502
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 166 Activities in Savannah
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Powhatan, Virginia
“Great kayaking and great view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was 5 months pregnant and my husband I were looking for a great way to experience the natural Savannah atmosphere. We went on the Ebenezer Creek tour and were truly amazed at the experience. Our guide was very knowledgable and accommodating to my condition. It was the best way to experience the true Savannah natural environment.

Visited August 2013

Scottsville, Kentucky
3 attraction reviews
“Kayaking Ebenezer Creek”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I have never kayaked in our lives, but we really wanted to explore the black waters of Ebenezer Creek. If it hadn't been for our guide, Steve, we would've never even gone! Let me explain... My husband can't swim. He got in the kayak and made it into the water, then decided we would just forego our money and chicken-out. When they say black water... they mean black water! You can't see a foot deep, much less see to the bottom. So even with life vests, neither of us wanted to take a chance on falling in. I was pretty nervous myself, as there are known alligators in the area, so I was with him on the chickening-out part. Steve was still on the bank helping other kayakers in the water at this time. We managed to paddle back to the bank where we told Steve... thanks but no thanks. I can only imagine that if we had any other guide, they would've said okay and have a nice day... but not Steve. When we told him we wanted to bail, you could see the disappointment on his face. He, obviously, loves this area and, truly, wanted to show/share it with us. He changed my husband's kayak to one he felt more comfortable in and talked us into continuing on our journey. My husband and I are both so glad that he did! It was an amazing adventure! The scenery we saw on this trip is remarkable and the beauty of the creek is like nothing we've experienced before. It's creepy (especially when we learned of it's history) and breathtaking at the same time! Once my husband and I calmed down, it didn't take us long to realize that this is one of the most tranquil places on earth. We, actually, got the hang of paddling and were weaving through the trees in the creek like pros! (Okay, probably not pros, but we felt like we were doing pretty darn good!) Steve saved us, again, when I had to, for lack of a better phrase, cop-a-squat in the middle of our trip. He found some ground, so that I could relieve myself and we continued on our journey. Fyi... there are facilities at the launching site, which I used... I just had to go again :/ I, honestly, can't imagine a better guide! Steve is like the Mr. Rogers of kayaking. If it weren't for him, we would've never made this trip! Thank you Steve and SC&K for such an amazing experience!!!

Visited July 2013
Tallahassee
“A highlight of my trip to Savannah”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I go to Savannah often and it is always a highlight of my trip to drop by and see the good folks at Savannah Canoe and Kayak. I enjoy looking at the latest kayak gear, getting advice on where to paddle along the Georgia coast but most of all I enjoy the warm, personal, and professional vibe I get from the staff. My wife and I took one of their guided trips and our guide, Steve, was a wealth of information and some excellent paddle coaching. It was like getting a guided trip and a paddle technique class all in one. Kristin and Nigel, the dynamic-duo of SC&K, are super knowledgeable and can even direct you to the best local vegetarian restaurants. Zack, often found behind the counter, is laid back, very professional, and even eager to help. All-in-all, I love to stop by SC&K just to hang out for a bit. SC&K is a peaceful oasis.

Visited April 2013
Crawfordville, Florida
“Great guides, instructors, kayaks, accessories!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I've taken many trips and classes with SC&K, plus have bought several boats, paddles, etc. They have always provided great service, extremely professional guides and instructors, and their shop is a haven for paddlers and outdoorspeople. I always recommend that my friends who visit the Georgia coast go by SC&K, and they are always glad I did!

Visited March 2013
Dudley, Massachusetts
14 attraction reviews
“Steve was awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We requested a tour to Little Tybee Island on our first booking it was too windy but they rescheduled us for a later date. It was our first time kayaking and to be out in the ocean with the sun shining and dolphins swimming nearby was almost magical. Our tour guide Steve gave us great instruction on using the kayaks and was very informative about the area. I am hooked and will be taking kayak lessons shortly. This is a must do!!!!!

Visited May 2013