“This was a rare experience where we were made to feel welcome, and were not treated like "just another vacationer".” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oglethorpe Inn & Suites

You added Oglethorpe Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Oglethorpe Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7110 Hodgson Memorial Drive, Savannah, GA 31406-2532 (Formerly Masters Inn Suites)   |
Ranked #27 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Certificate of Excellence 2014
south carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

We found Oglethorpe Inn and Suites on the internet while searching for a place to stay on the Savannah River. We could not afford a room on the river, so we clicked on this inn. We were very surprised at the rates. Every over the phone contact was a pleasant experience. They even gave us a better rate than we had previously booked.
This was a totally unexpected experience for us. The inn was so clean and neat. The rooms were the cleanest of any hotels in which we have stayed in the past 5 years. We loved the suite style room. You can relax at the end of the day on a sofa, instead of having to lie down on the bed to watch television or read.
You step out of your room onto an inside balcony instead of a cold sidewalk. We love the sea; therefore, we loved the color scheme. The balconies remind you of old days with all the lovely iron work. The atrium is filled with plants, Christmas music was playing, hot coffee at the end of the day. The staff was wonderful to us. We will return.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Litchfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

This hotel has very large suite rooms nicely decoratored, looked like everything has been remodeled recently. Location is not close to downtown but bus service is good and in front of hotel. Good value when visiting Savannah.

• Stayed November 2009
Rockville, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2009

I booked at this hotel based on the posted reviews. However, after arriving there I found out that the hotel is located 9 miles/ 11 minutes driving to Savannah downtown and not 5 miles as stated on their website. Also, they do not offer a free shuttle as read. The Shuttle service you around the hotel area only but during my 2 days stay I never spotted parked outside. The close location and the shuttle service were the 2 reasons that made me book there but I was disappointed after finding out that the location is bit far and the "shuttle service" is not to downtown. The place on Saturday night after midnight was noisy by some drunk people with others knocking on the wall. Also, my room was not cleaned and I never had any fresh towels so I had to ask for some when I returned back to my room after a long day in downtown. Internet is a bit slow if you use their business center. The breakfast is rich. They offer a lot. The frontdesk people are friendly. The parking in downtown during weekend is cheap. It is just for 3 bucks for the whole day.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Sun City Peachtree, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

I found Oglethorpe Inn & Suites on Trip Advisor and was very happy I did! I booked two rooms; one for me and my husband, and one for my mother who was visiting from California. All three of us were very impressed with the size of our rooms and the attractiveness of the atrium. I also appreciated the complimentary breakfast, newspapers, and computers located in the lobby. They came in handy for looking up restaurants on Trip Advisor! (By the way, there is a terrific Thai restaurant within walking distance, "The King and I". Turn right out of the parking lot and walk up past the light. The King and I is located in the strip mall, just past the light.)

We really enjoyed our three night stay before Thanksgiving and will definitely return. It is a much better value than staying downtown! And, the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2009

None of the other reviews have mentioned how beautiful this hotel is. The atrium is lovely and distinctive, having a cool retro vibe of updated late 50s-early 60s interior design. It is a real treat to step out of your room and look out over the wrought-iron railings to the elegant breakfast area below. Our room was incredibly spacious, also beautifully decorated. The front desk staff was great, and we enjoyed eating breakfast in that lovely atrium. Our visit was a lovely surprise. We arrived in Savannah without a hotel reservation and happened to find it while driving around the mall area.

On a previous visit to Savannah, we stayed at one of the pricier hotels on Bay Street. It was OK, but more expensive, and the valet parking was a hassle. This hotel was as nice as that one, without the parking problem (plenty of free parking on the hotel grounds), and at a much lower price.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

My husband and I spent one night at the Oglethorpe Inn and Suites. The room was very clean, and was very roomy and had a good setup. Free breakfast in the morning, and free internet. However, ours did not work because we were in a far corner of the hotel. The lobby was beautiful and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Our television was not working properly, and they sent someone up immediately to come look at it.
This hotel is not in historic Savannah, which was more than fine with us because of the money we saved. It is just a short 5 minute drive into town where you can find free parking on the streets. I would stay here again, and will recommend this to anyone I know going to Savannah.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Montgomery
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

We were very impressed with Oglethorpe Inn. First of all, I talked to Penny on the phone when I was checking out hotels, her friendly and helpful attitude is what made me decide to stay here. Other places I called had negative attitudes and seemed like it was a bother to answer questions. When we checked in Amber assisted us, she and all the other staff that we came in contact with were all very nice. The breakfast is good for the money. The property inside and out was extremely clean. I loved the layout of the room, my husband said it was very cozy. We got a great deal for the money, it was much nicer than we expected to get for what we paid. Two years ago, we stayed maybe a mile down the road at a chain hotel, paid much more and the place was nasty. I would say that this room was the best hotel stay I have ever had--and I am also including casino hotel rooms as a comparison. I would recommend Oglethorpe Inn & Suites to anyone and everyone!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Been to Oglethorpe Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!