Three of us traveled together to experience St. Patrick's Day in Savannah. Hotel prices for this weekend are pricey, especially in the historic district. Oglethorpe Inn is about 10 minutes travel time from the historic district and its pricing was very reasonable. It's an older hotel but charming on the inside. The rooms are large with a sitting area so the three of us were not crowded. One guest slept on a rollaway bed and it was comfortable. The hotel staff is the big plus for this inn. They were extremely helpful and very friendly during Savannah's most hectic time. The continental breakfast was nice with an array of selections. Guests were provided 24-hours of hot coffee.
The only negative is my credit card was charged for the full amount six weeks before my arrival. We wanted to split the room costs between the three of us but we were told we could not do this since my card had already been charged. We just came from a Marriott hotel in Charleston and they were more than happy to accommodate splitting the bill. This unexpected policy left a negative view of this hotel. Negative not for the staff and the room stay but negative toward Oglethorpe's corporate policy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Gem Among Midtown Savannah's All-Suite Inn Near Savannah 's Historic District,Oglethorpe Inn & Suites is an excellent and affordable alternative to the higher priced hotels in downtown Savannah. It's consistently one of the highest rated and most positively reviewed Savannah hotels on TripAdvisor, listed in the Top Twenty out of 108 properties. Easily accessible from I-16 /I-95 and Savannah International Airport, Oglethorpe Inn & Suites offers business travelers,vacationing families and sports teams accommodations close to all of Savannah's favorite spots, one block away from Oglethorpe Mall(over 140 stores) . Recently purchased all new bedding, sheets, comforters and pillows. Guests enjoy complimentary hot continental breakfast, high speed wireless internet with free lobby computers/printers, private outdoor pool / sundeck and a fitness center / laundry facilities on-site, free parking, 32" flat screen TVs in every suite with coffeemaker, microwave & mini-fridge, living room with over 450 sq. ft.all non-smoking, Free newspaper & local calls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Oglethorpe Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oglethorpe Inn And Suites
- Oglethorpe Inn & Suites Hotel Savannah
- Oglethorpe Hotel Savannah