“Unique” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Oglethorpe Inn & Suites

You added Oglethorpe Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Oglethorpe Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7110 Hodgson Memorial Drive, Savannah, GA 31406-2532 (Formerly Masters Inn Suites)   |
Ranked #25 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Newport News, Virginia
“Unique”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We recently spent two nights at this inn. Because I didn't book the room, I was just expecting a typical hotel. But I was immediately & pleasantly surprised by the greenery, fountain and glass dome as I entered the lobby.

Another surprise was the simple and modern decor. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of our suite prior to us spreading our luggage everywhere. But our suite had lovely white bedding, not the polyester quilts with huge floral patterns seen on the pictures posted.

The staff was very friendly and our suite was a great size. The 32" tv was easily viewed in both the sitting area and the bedroom. There's plenty of lighting and outlets for charging gadgets. There's also ample counter space by the bathroom sink and in the area where the coffee maker, microwave and fridge are kept. We stayed on the third floor and could occasionally hear voices rising from the lobby if they spoke loudly, but it really wasn't that bad.

My only complaint about our room was the appearance of the bathroom. I like to see shiny chrome and tiles in the shower. The bath mat and heavy duty plastic shower curtain looked dingy and old.

If in Savannah, I would love to stay here again. I enjoyed the simple uniqueness of the inn and its proximity to shopping areas and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Mandeville, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have been staying at this small inn for many years and have not written reviews for fear others would find out about this place and room availability would become scarce when I want to visit Savannah. This is a quaint little hotel located in a convenient but quiet area of "South-side" Savannah, near Hunter Army Air Field, and only a 10 minute drive to downtown via the Truman Parkway. I only rated "location" a 4 because, although I like the location, I know many people would not think a "south-side," suburban, location is ideal when compared to the downtown Historic District.

The cost/value is unbeatable anywhere in Savannah. All rooms are suites with separate living room and sleeping areas. It is not a new hotel, but the rooms are clean, well-maintained, and comfortable. I was surprised on my recent visit that the bedding had been upgraded, including new mattresses, making for a very comfortable night's sleep. The free breakfast is more than just cinnamon buns, muffins and juice---there's fresh fruit, boiled eggs, sausage biscuits, fresh waffles, cereals, etc., and fresh coffee 24/7. The staff is always friendly and helpful. Check-in/Check-out is quick and efficient. The free WI-fi is a plus. Several large shopping centers with national chain and locally-owned stores are only a few blocks away. Restaurants of all varieties abound in the area.

I have stayed in several of the more upscale downtown Savannah hotels. They are very nice and well-located, but the inconvenience of valet parking, the sky-high room prices, and overall comparative value of those establishments keep me coming back to the Oglethorpe Inn.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

had an excellent experience at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and professional, in fact I really like the people of this city, they are always smiling and they are always willing to help travelers, I went to that city for a business deal and I was very relaxed and focused in my room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lexington, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The exterior was pleasant, but the interior was marvelous! Lovely brick bldg with large Spanish moss covered trees. Inside, relaxing , peaceful color scheme in green A beautiful inner courtyard with live plants, fountain and iron-work trim. Sweet sitting area on either side of the elevator on each floor, along with computers/printer courtesy work-stations. Conveniently located near shopping and restaurants. Out of the historic district, but close enough to enjoy that as well. I had a spacious, comfortable suite. The staff was very friendly and helpful with recommendations. Cannot wait to visit again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Honolulu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Clean, reasonably priced, and in a great location. The hotel is well maintained,except the bathroom sink does not drain well. The rooms are large with a large sitting area and bathroom with doors that isolates sleeping area. The continental breakfast is satisfactory with coffee and tea available around the clock. Hotel is close to movie theater and shopping mall and lots of restaurants. There are lots of secure parking, and hotel is in a decent neighborhood. Best of all the price is reasonable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Chester, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

had visited Savannah Gab, for the very first-time due to death in my family. Myself and other family member booked rooms at the Oglethorpe Inn & Suite on Hodgson Memorial Drive. It was one of never to forget stay’s, First of were paid for our first night by debit card, and the next night stay we paid in cash. I overheard an employee stated that the assistant manager had stole her money, So with that being said it had got me to( thinking )I paid in cash check to see if my room was applied by cash as it should. I had the front reservation person to check my room payment history. It was in the system that I complained about the room so a complimentary night was applied no money was applied the way the original transaction had taken place. I never complained about none of the service until we discovered, that a statement was stated that I never reported. I had to call the Georgia police to make a complaint about the incident. The officer was a really nice cop this happen January 12, 2013. It was the worst experience anybody could imagine during the time of bereavement. I hope and a corporate manager would Fire the Assistant Manager

Room Tip: find another hotel to stay. keep you jewrly in car. never trust the staff. keep one eye open whil...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
graSavannah, General Manager at Oglethorpe Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
We appreciate guest commenting on their recent stay at the Oglethorpe Inn Suites and we are sincerely sorry to hear that we failed in providing them an exceptional experience.

While we earnestly strive to meet every expectation, we have, unfortunately, fallen short of our goal during their visit. We were extremely sorry to hear about the family’s recent loss.

We take all guest feedback very seriously, be assured that every guest concern is addressed.

The situation described was unacceptable and a management change was implemented.

It is our sincere hope that the guest will give us an occasion to serve them again in the future, so that we may have an opportunity to correct our mistakes and provide them with an unmatched Savannah experience.

We will also provide a complimentary room night in a Executive suite with a 32" flat screen TV in the living room and two air conditioning systems and a separate bedroom from the living room area with a 32” flat Screen TV also.(a few also have jet tubs).

Again, we are committed to providing every guest with an excellent experience.

Best Regards,
Appleton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Unbelievably quiet at night, but admittedly not a full house. Stayed here on a Thursday and Friday evening in late January 2013.King suite was very roomy and the shower was one of the best ever for a hotel with great water pressure. The bed and bedding was great and even though we were on the main floor, it was very quiet. We thought the distance to the historical area was a little more difficult to traverse than advertised, but thankfully Garmin was there. Desk staff was very courteous and helpful. Housekeeping could have been better. Breakfast was average in our view.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Oglethorpe Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!