Our family of 5 stayed here for 2 nights on our way driving down the east coast. We needed 2 rooms and the hotel was able to place us next to each other although not in inter-connecting rooms. Each was a good size with a separate sitting area although you could not see the TV from both the bed and the sofa. Nevertheless, we didn't go there to watch TV so that was not a major problem and the extra space was welcome anyway. The addition of a microwave was also a positive.
The atrium area in the middle of the hotel is a delightful feature and was a lovely place to have breakfast each morning. The breakfast was fairly standard chain-type fare although it was no more than what we expected or wanted.
We did find the air conditioner to be noisy so we turned this off as much as possible. Fortunately the weather was mild so we did not need to use it much.
The location of the hotel is somewhat out of the way of the main tourist area although it is nearby to a number of local shops. It is also close to the army airfield so an interesting (although perhaps not for some) variety of aircraft can be seen flying overhead at times. However, this never disturbed our sleep.
Our boys found the gym to be useful to maintain their pre-season fitness for soccer.
We found the hotel to be good value provided that you don't mind a short drive to see the sights of Savannah.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Gem Among Midtown Savannah's All-Suite Inn Near Savannah 's Historic District,Oglethorpe Inn & Suites is an excellent and affordable alternative to the higher priced hotels in downtown Savannah. It's consistently one of the highest rated and most positively reviewed Savannah hotels on TripAdvisor, listed in the Top Twenty out of 108 properties. Easily accessible from I-16 /I-95 and Savannah International Airport, Oglethorpe Inn & Suites offers business travelers,vacationing families and sports teams accommodations close to all of Savannah's favorite spots, one block away from Oglethorpe Mall(over 140 stores) . Recently purchased all new bedding, sheets, comforters and pillows. Guests enjoy complimentary hot continental breakfast, high speed wireless internet with free lobby computers/printers, private outdoor pool / sundeck and a fitness center / laundry facilities on-site, free parking, 32" flat screen TVs in every suite with coffeemaker, microwave & mini-fridge, living room with over 450 sq. ft.all non-smoking, Free newspaper & local calls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your Oglethorpe Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oglethorpe Inn And Suites
- Oglethorpe Inn & Suites Hotel Savannah
- Oglethorpe Hotel Savannah