“Excellent hotel & staff, poor room choice” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #81 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Augusta, Georgia
“Excellent hotel & staff, poor room choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I was originally disappointed with this hotel, as I specifically requested a room with two beds. I was told this room type would be available for me at check-in, but it was not. As a result, the third person traveling in my group went home as she didn't have a bed (roll away beds are not offered here). I was also not allowed to check in a moment before 3pm.
The room itself, however, was great. Beautiful, spacious, clean and accommodating. Plenty of desk & storage space. The curtains were black-out curtains and kept the sun at bay well into the daylight hours, which was perfect for our schedule. Front desk staff was friendly and knew me by name each time we interacted. Safe and quiet. I loved this hotel and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Triple check your room choice prior to travel!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Even though this motel is relatively close to downtown, stay somewhere else! We booked a 2 double bed NS room and the room was given away before we checked in. Instead, we (4 ladies in town for the marathon) were put in a SMOKING king bed room with sofa sleeper. The beds were uncomfortable, the room stinky, and the street noise loud! There was no breakfast available. I should have known better when I saw the signs for the bail bonds and pawn shop close by.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Stella, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

The staff at this location are flat out AWESOME. The hotel and my room were very clean and with no issues. Housekeeping kept my room very clean. This location has great parking all the way around the building with parking areas safe at night.

Room Tip: All rooms are top notch.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I only gave a 4 instead of 5, because there was a significant tear in my room's carpet. Otherwise, everything was clean, in good shape, and new looking.

I really appreciate that this place is pet friendly, but I think that they should eliminate or reduce the pet fee.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Elizabeth, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My father and I decided to take a vacation together for the first time and me and my dad stayed in a two bedroom suite where we was very comfy I was able to cook and also have stuff in the fridge at my fingertips the room was just as comfortable as home and there was a very friendly staff and light snacks for the morning with great coffee. staff at desk ask me if things were okay if I needed towels checking in and out was a snap and the polite lady named Kimberly made me feel like I was a prime guess thank you ! I would very much suggest this establishment ! Yours truly Keeowne V. Lain N.J. resident .

• Stayed July 2013
Jekyll Island, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a family member in a local hospital. We needed to take turns staying with the pt. but also needed a place for the relief family member and our Dad to rest @ night. The fact that this Hotel gives special discounts to families of patients is such a great help. Being a long way from home and wanting to be close can get extremely expensive and uncomfortable. Waiting rooms are not a place for rest. Your accomodations helped offset the expense and the wear and tear on the family. Thank-you so much.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My daughter and I were traveling from Tampa to Atlanta and stopped in Savannah for two nights. Kimberly and her staff were so very accommodating and friendly. The rooms were clean and well maintained with a small kitchenette that made us feel comfortable and more at home than your standard hotel room. Diana at the front desk was delightful. I would highly recommend this particular Extended Stay hotel to anyone looking for affordable, safe, clean lodging in Savannah. Thank you Kimberly!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Savannah - Midtown? Share your experiences!