“my visit” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #79 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
“my visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This hotel was great!! I wanted to check in upon arrival to savannah. I coordinated with the receptionist and upon arrival my room was ready; this was a welcome site because between work and travel I had been up for 25 hrs. They really expressed concern with all my needs - the major and minor ones. I truly enjoyed my stay and would recommend this place to anyone. Thank you to all of the staff who assisted with our care!! This hotel was close to my family in what I knew as the heart of Savannah and my needs were met with a decent price to add to their excellent service.

Room Tip: I choose the double beds and they fitted my needs
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Virginia, US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I booked this place on Hotwire, then went to check the reviews. The recent reviews made it sound like a cross between a garbage dump and an ape house, so it was with some trepidation that we entered our room.

It's very clean and perfectly nice (we are still here as I write, on June 1st, 2013). The bed and bathroom are spotless. The kitchenette is clean and very handy. It is true that the carpet needs to be replaced, but it's not offensive, just worn. In fact, there are a few worn things in the room - the faucet handle cover is missing, there is a little ding in the bathtub - but nothing I wouldn't live with in my own home. The front desk clerk was friendly and helpful, and warned me to pick up a new wi-fi code the second day because it was going to change.

This morning the toilet didn't flush, but we called the front desk and it was fixed when we returned.

The area is handy; there's a Starbucks, a supermarket and a bunch of restaurants across the highway, a cupcake store and other establishments on this side and Abercorn Street leads right into the Historic District.

I guess the management has fixed the problems. I would stay here again, especially for a good price.

Williamson, Georgia, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was expecting the room to be dirty and smelly from the other reviews and in a bad part of town. However, I found the opposite to be true. The room was clean with the exception of the carpet. It needs to be deep cleaned or really in all honesty updated. The bed was FIRM not what I am used to but did not keep me from sleeping. It probably had a lot to do with how tired I was. The hotel is centrally located to most everything. It tooks us about 15 minutes to get to downtown Savannah. We parked in the Bryan Street parking garage and it was less than a block away from River Street and economically priced. We stayed on River Street for about 5 hours and it cost a dollar an hour at the parking garage. I was very pleased with how easy it was to get around from the hotel. Tybee Island is also easy to get to from the hotel. My only complaint other than the carpet is the so called continental breakfast. That was a joke. For the amount of money this hotel charges you would think that they could at least keep the coffee made for guest and put some butter out for the muffins.This hotel has no pool so you think they could at least make breakfast right??? Overall though it was fairly decent visit to the area and I would consider staying again.

Statesboro, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was the most horrific hotel experience that I've ever had. I was forced to get two rooms here because hotels closer to downtown were already booked...for $129 a per!!! The room was filthy...from the moment that we walked in, the carpet was frayed, stained with a substance that looked like blood, and the smell, oh the smell...It was like someone had gone fishing, cooked the fish, and left the grease in the room for a long time. The entire hotel had a smell, but the hallways and rooms were disgusting. Hairs on the thread-bare, yellowed sheets; no mattress pad so you could literally see the 90's vintage mattresses underneath, and a nasty comforter on top. To top it all off, according to their cleaning policy, You have to get fresh linens from the front desk yourself...to save the environment! I guess cleaning the rooms and replacing the linens is a chance they aren't willing to take. Oh, and don't bother requesting shampoo or soap, they either don't have any at the desk or can't find it! Noone at the desk after 11pm. The list goes on and on and on.

Room Tip: Don't settle for this place...PLEASE!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Walked in and saw carpet covered in dog pee stains, counter and sink never cleaned covered with dry food, new towels have hairs on them, lights are all prison white fluorescent lights...and Walls are paper thin...kids upstairs and nextdoor were so loud all night. Worst hotel we've ever stayed in in savannah. Dump

• Stayed April 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I went to Savannah, Georgia for the nationally well known busy St. Patrick's day festivities for the first time in 2012. I had such a great time that I was eager to book my 2013 trip. I booked my stay with Extended Stay America about 6 months in advance. Upon arrival on Friday 03/15/13 at about 4:30 p.m. (check-in time was 3:00 p.m.) the first thing I notice is there are about 10 people sitting in the lobby waiting with their luggage for their rooms, there is a line of about 6 people in front of me, there is only 1 associate working the front desk and answering the phone, and it was very hot and stinky in the lobby. I booked two rooms, 1 happened to be smoking (that was my error) and the other was non-smoking. I was told that only 1 room was available so far for check-in and it would be about a 20-30 minute wait for the 2nd room. I go to the room which I expect to smell like cigarette smoke but it also smells like an illegal substance and an unidentifiable foul odor. The hotel was too busy to notify and there were obviously no rooms to change out with. When we were finally able to check into the 2nd room several hours later there were black stains on the carpet, black stains on the bedspread, black stains in the shower, and a dried, red stain on the bathroom floor. The stench was not as foul in this room but it was still present in the room, hallways, lobby, and stairwell. Also, I was never told that housekeeping does not come unless you stay there for at least 8 days. The hotel was dirty, stinky, poorly staffed, too far away from the downtown area, and located in the ghetto. I will not stay there again. The associate Kim working the front desk by herself was very nice, I did not have any problems or complaints with her.

Room Tip: Do not stay at Extended Stay America, Savannah, Ga if you can help it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Pro:
1) cheap like SUPER CHEAP. we found a deal online for $30 a night.
2) Hot water
3) Front desk was really nice.

Con:
1) the hotel smells like grease and seafood. It hits you like a wall when you come in
2) first room we received smelled like smoke, the whole third floor smells like smoke, even the nonsmoking rooms. HOWEVER the front desk was very nice and relocated us to a clean room on 1st floor.
3) the toilet spits back at you when you flush so close the lid :)
4) neighbors smoking in next room, nonsmoking room, smell came into our room. Front desk was really nice to personally camee to our room and spray our room too and give us some smell good!

So you defiantly get what you pay for. This is a bit further then the action in historic distric so keep that I mind!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Savannah - Midtown? Share your experiences!