“A Class Act” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Orlando, FL
“A Class Act”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2006

On December 1, 2006 seven women from Orlando traveled to Savannah, GA and then on to Charleston, SC. We arrived at the East Bay Inn and received a VERY warm welcome from the staff. The Innkeeper, Ronnie Jones, and the desk clerk, Sheila, could not have been more helpful. In fact, the entire staff whose names I do not know, were top notch. Our rooms were ready when we arrived and were just lovely.

We thoroughly enjoyed the cocktail hour and the continental breakfasts and chatting with other guests. The staff recommended good tours and restaurants and made the reservations for us. Let's face it, 7 women can be loud and maybe a bit silly at times, but the staff seemed to enjoy having us there and joined in on the laughter. We traveled on to Charleston for two nights but returned on Monday for another night at the East Bay Inn. The location is PERFECT. Once you park your car, you don't really need to get in it again. Most places you go are within walking distance. We even heard stories about the resident ghost, "Charlie" who died at the age of 21 while the building was under construction. At some point after we checked in on Monday, all the keys to one of our rooms disappeared....never to be found again. We suspect Charlie is to blame!! Mr. Jones was quite sure we would find those keys in our luggage once we got home but none have been found.

If you want a small, charming inn where you feel like you are visiting family, the East Bay Inn is the place to go! My husband and I plan to go to Savannah in the not too distant future and will certainly stay at the East Bay Inn.
Kay Freeman

• Liked — nice rooms and friendly staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — no
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Effingham, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2006

We were in a room with beautiful exposed brick walls, 4 poster bed was very comfortable. Staff was extremely helpful and kind.
We went on several lovely tours in Savannah. It's such a peaceful and relaxing place. The only thing we misunderstood was breakfast, it's just a continental breakfast.

• Stayed October 2003, traveled with friends
St. Charles, Mo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2006

The Inn was wonderful - we enjoyed our visit so much!
We really loved our room and the great location the Inn. The staff was friendly & very helpful. A grand place to rest, relax and have a good time.

• Liked — Staff & Location
  • Disliked — Parking was a challange
  • Tips/Secrets — make your reservation early - this place fills up quickly
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2006

AAHHHH Where to begin. Oh I know, how about I am just now defrosting from a sub-zero room! The heater was broken in the room and they could not get anyone out to fix it over the weekend. The room was so cold, we had to leave the room to stay warm! When we asked for extra blankets, all we got were sheets. We tried to get in touch with the inn keeper, but after almost TWO weeks of leaving messages, and his not taking our calls, well shall we just say, STAY AWAY.

There are a million little places you can stay while you visit Savannah. The Hampton Inn they just built looked great and all of the little bed and breakfasts seemed WARM and cozy.

I will say the people at the front desk were nice and the staff seemed friendly, unfortunatly that did not keep my toes warm!

I read the reviews before I booked, I am just sorry I did not know more before I spent as much as I did for this room.....

• Liked — Some of the Staff
  • Disliked — POOR management (Ronnie Jones) and Poor room quality
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Aurora, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2006

We just returned from Savannah and stayed at the East Bay Inn. The Inn looked fabulous on the internet but I think it is a little worn out and could use some TLC. Our room was located on the second floor...at first glance it looked charming but after 15 minutes noticed that the bathroom was not real clean (I don't care for hair in the cormers of the bathroom...even when it's my own!) The tile in the shower looked like it needed a good scrubbing & the shower head/water pressure was very weak. Tthe area rug in our room looked pretty dirty and as another reviewer noted the blinds do not block much light and the floors are REALLY creaky.

The continental breakfast was nothing to write home about..cereal, fruit, juice, coffee and bread..nothing spectacular. In one word, boring. We didn't attend the evening wine and cordials so I can't comment on that. As far as the staff goes, they were alright, didn't go above and beyond. I would say that the service is average. I would choose to stay somewhere else the next time I visit Savannah.

Stayed June 2006
, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2006

We had a wonderful time at the East Bay Inn. The rooms are spacious, yet cozy, and authentic to the time period. I was impressed with the updated bathrooms and the comfort of the bed. We had a corner room with four windows, which afforded a terrific view of Bay Street and the back shops along River Street.

The front desk service was always very friendly and helpful. I was surprised that such a nice inn didn't turn their nose up when they saw our 4-mo old infant in tow. They welcomed all of use warmly.

A couple of cons...this is not a bed and breakfast per se, so don't expect anything fancy. It is basically a continental breakfast with biscuits and sausage. That's fine, though, since they don't advertise it as anything more. Also, it can be a bit noisy at night with the noise from the street. But we loved how convenient it was to everything. Parking is sparse, but if you can't find a space, you can park a block down in the large city parking garage, or along the street, for free with a pass.

All in all, I'd highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed May 2006
Lancaster
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2006

East Bay Inn is one of the all time greats! I was traveling alone, on crutches, and the staff was determined to see that I was comfortable and having a wonderful time in Savannah. The room was spacious and well appointed. The concierge took time to get acquainted, figure ouit my interests , and see that I left no stone unturned. This hotel was everything a good hotel should be.

I plan on return visits to Savannah, and I hope to repreat the good experience that I had at East Bay Inn.

Stayed October 2005

Been to East Bay Inn? Share your experiences!