“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful rooms and very quiet. Staff was fantastic. Restaurant in basement was really good. Location was perfect to walk and enjoy Historic Savannah. We stayed two nights and did not move our car the entire visit. Highly recommend this Inn.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I have visited Savannah quite frequently over the years, but this was our first time to stay at the East Bay Inn. It was positively delightful! The staff was charming and knowledgable about the area. The room was beautiful and comfortable. We took full advantage of the complimentary breakfast, happy hour (wine/cheese), bottled water, and 24/7 coffee. The wifi was excellent - fast and we always had a good signal on the property. The only drawback was the parking - it's very limited onsite, but you can park at the public garage around the corner. I didn't factor that into my 5/5 star rating because parking will be an issue at pretty much every hotel in the historic/river district of Savannah.

Now that we know about East Bay Inn, this will be our go-to for all future trips! We loved it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I took my niece and nephew on a road trip and we stayed at the Inn. The staff was welcoming and very helpful. The room was very large and clean and we had a great view. When we checked out I forgot my wallet in the room safe. Needless to say it had my documents (passport) and cash. I didn't realize it until much later that night when I had checked in to our next hotel in the Blue Ridge area. I immediately called them and spoke with Phil, he was very helpful and reassured me that they would take care of it and call me the next day. The next morning I spoke with Sheila who explained that the new guests did not want to be disturbed but as soon as they checked out she would personally handle it and call me. As promised, she called me to tell me she had my wallet. That is great customer service!! I didn't want to risk having it mailed and I drove back to Savannah, unfortunately they were booked for that night, so I stayed somewhere else, but I will certainly stay there in the future. Thank you Phil and Sheila.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights during a road trip of the area. Parking is tricky but we were lucky with an end space. Once parked because the hotel is in a good spot there was no need to move it.
Check in good with such a friendly reception. This continued when we came and went. Always hellos and interested in what we were doing. The bedroom was certainly different with nice high ceiling which I think kept it cool. Bed comfy and bathroom good with a bath and shower overhead. Breakfasts were OK - I didn't find them special but they were adequate. A nice touch tho' was the early evening wine and nibbles. Nice bar area and plenty folk to speak to if you so wish.. Coffee in the reception - not hot water for tea but when I asked for this I did get without any trouble. Coffee and orange juice drinkers always seem to be well catered for in the USA...
Yes we enjoyed our stay with easy walking distance to the riverside and into the centre. Trolley ride is well worth taking.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsboro, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My daughter & two granddaughters stayed one night with me in July. Our Deluxe Queen room was perfect for the 4 of us. I have also stayed at the Inn with my husband and once with my mother. We all love the Inn and the complimentary wine/cheese in the evening. Location is perfect for walking the city. We past on their breakfast, nothing special, for a local restaurant breakfast instead.

Room Tip: There was street noise late at night but didn't interfere with our sleep. Each room I've sta...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
McDonough, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Two weeks ago was my first time staying at this B&B in the heart of Savannahs' historic district. The lobby is warm and inviting, and so are the staff! We really enjoyed Jennifer (front desk) and "Melvin the Bellman." We checked in to room 104, and it was a pleasant surprise: warm, roomy, and well-appointed. Although the room is not equipped with a frig or microwave, the front-desk staff will store cold items in the refrigerator behind the desk for you.
The room was clean, with nice towels and decent sheets. It was the 4th of July, so there was lots of activity around the hotel, and at night it was a little noisy.
The hotel is very conveinent to shopping and sightseeing, with the River street shops & restaurants within a close walking distance.
The hotel is cozy, with only 28 rooms, and all are unique. I heard tell of two ghosts being unpaid visitors for many years, but my husband & I did not have the (dubious!) pleasure of their company!
The breakfast was edible, nothing fancy, basic eggs and grits with a different side each day, plus a few fruit and cereal choices. Nicer than this is the wine-and-cheese spread at 5:30 every day. Two wines choces, one or two cheeses, and good friut and crackers, all included. Bottled water is also complimentary upon request.
This is a nice, inexpensive place to stay close to everything. Take the 90 minute historical tour, staff will reserve your place. Next time, we will bring our dog.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are probably quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bisbee, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Coming upon the East Bay Inn was sipping a bit of the past. The greeting at the front desk lead us to our lovely ultra high ceiling spacious bedroom with corner windows casting inviting light illuminating the period type decor.

The location of the hotel invited walking...strolling...from park to park, ending up for a cocktail and eventually dinner.

Breakfast downstairs was a bit pedestrian nothing worth mentioning. It had enough variety to have me relax and plan my day.

All together, was a great value for the stay.

Room Tip: Corner room...third floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to East Bay Inn? Share your experiences!