“Nice Suprise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Savannah

Save Saved
You added Travelodge Savannah to your Saves list
Travelodge Savannah
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17009 Abercorn, Savannah, GA 31419 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites Savannah-Gateway)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn 1000 Points
Ranked #60 of 111 Hotels in Savannah
Savannah, Georgia
“Nice Suprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The hotel has changed since the last time I was here. The staff is great and the rooms have been updated. The pool and hot tub were relaxing after a long day. I was up visiting my nephew who is attending GSU. I will definitely be back when I come to visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hotel46656, Manager at Travelodge Savannah, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your kind words and we pride ourselves our customer service. Our staff works very hard to ensure that all of guest's experiences are above their expectations. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to our area to visit your Nephew!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
High Springs, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel is NOT ready for guests. Pictures are deceiving. The front desk told me that Travelodge had just acquired the property. Which is probably why it was hard to find, not signed well at all. We checked in early evening (around 7) and was given a dirty room. After much discussion and finger pointing, they moved us to a clean room; however, we continued to have to ask for basic items such as towels and pillows. They would give us two towels, and four of us were staying in a room, we had to ask for more every day. It would seem that they didn’t have enough towels because at one point we were given brand new towels that hadn’t been washed yet. We had to ask for an iron, but we never got it and by this time, we were just tired of asking. The beds are lumpy, bad backs beware! Then much to our dismay we found out that the swimming pool is not heated and the hot tub was broken. Breakfast was very very lacking our first day then very slowly got better through the visit. Saturday morning around 8:30am workers were coming in from the grocery store with the basic needs of breakfast. This is something that should have happened long before then, especially since you could hear the workers talk about how busy they were going to be just the day before. This hotel and the managers there need to learn the fine art of planning and organizing. I was very disappointed with my stay and even more disappointed that no one at the hotel cared that I was disappointed. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hotel46656, General Manager at Travelodge Savannah, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
I am sorry we did not meet your expectations on your recent stay with us. . We are just finishing some renovations and upgrades to guest rooms and public areas, our breakfast offers a variety of items that try to meet all of our guests needs and that is required per Travelodge standards. On the weekends we try to offer extras like sausage biscuits & gravy along with sausage patties. Thank you again for your comments and hope that you will consider our brand in your future travels.
Clarkesville, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I booked a room on the Travelodge website where it clearly shows that they accept pets. I put a note on the reservation that we would be bringing our dog and if there are any special information that I need to know. They called me the next day and told me they don't accept pets at this hotel. I explained to her that the website clearly shows that pets are accepted. She said she would talk to her manager and call me back. She never called me back, I found someone to watch my pet for the weekend and called back to see if we still had a reservation. They assured me that my reservation was still there. I called on the way down to the hotel to see where they were located and they didn't have my reservation. I even told her I had called to make sure they still had it and was told I did. So I made it then on the way to the hotel. The person on the phone told me that the hotel was behind McDonalds. No this hotel is not behind McDonalds, there is a McDonalds near there but this hotel is more behind the Cracker Barrell and another hotel. THere is a huge cluster of hotels in this area and this one does not have a lit sign out front. They are doing some renovating, when we get to the hotel they tell me that we have already been checked in and gives me a key card. When we try the key card on the room, there is already someone staying in the room. So we have to go down to the desk to get another room. I don't believe they own a vacuum because there was plaster on the floor in our room and in the hallways and staircase there was debris that was there all weekend. Needless to say the room was clean but I don't think anyone knows what is going on. I rang the button twice to get in the front door and nobody came to let me in. Finally had to go outside and yell up to my husband to let me in. The front door doesn't have a place for your key card. The website still shows that this hotel accepts pets.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so sorry you experienced this problem at our hotel. I will address it with our management team and hope that you will consider our hotel again in the future. Thank you
Mableton, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

when we arrived, dismayed to find out that our HANDICAPPED ROOM that I called twice and confimed had been given to some one else.and my mother and I were on the third floor.Room had no necessities Several phone calls to get pillows and towels. We bought our own wash cloths the next day. Third day of our stay-elevator was out of order. Stuck in our room half of the day until we asked elevator repairman to please get us out of there He did! He climbed in the shaft and rode us down manually! The management could care less. never a phone call,or a solution to the problem. Got home to find out not only did they take my cash for the room but they had charged my bank card I had held the reservation with ,Always an excuse for management to not take my calls. BEWARE! Lots of other places to stay in beautiful Savannah!Management needs Training!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank You very much for bringing your concerns to our attention. The Hotel is under new ownership and Management. We would like to apologize for your recent experience at our hotel. We would also like to assure you that the Management Team is working very hard to correct all aspects of this property and will continue to do so in the future.
Oliver Springs, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My husband and I had booked this hotel to stay for a wedding. We called the hotel to let them know that we would be late checking in, and the lady we spoke to said that was fine. We drove 8 hrs and got there at 1:30 am. We had to ring a bell for the Clerk to let us in. When she finally came to the door she was on the phone and acted like we were bothering her. Once in we walked up to the counter and she came around the door and looked at us, and was frustrated she had to get off the phone and help us. She ask how she could help us and my husband told her that we had reservations for 2 days and she said no that they are full. So we went out and got the paper where we had made the reservation. She told us that our reservation was canceled and there was nothing she could do for us b/c they were booked. She did not seem concerned at all or offer and apology. My husband ask her bout getting our money back and she said we would have to call the company we booked through since we booked through priceline. My husband and I being very tired and frustrated she was no help and just walked away. After leaving we called priceline and they tried calling the hotel and the clerk was rude to them also saying it was canceled and she didn't know why. We will never stay here or any other Travelodge that to this experience. So if you want rude service go stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to recap your recent stay with us and I do apologize on behalf of the hotel that we did not meet your expectations. I have investigated the concerns that you have mentioned and are taking the necessary actions to make sure our future guests do not have a similar experience at our property. I can assure you that the experiences you state you encountered during your stay are not normal for our property and ask that you do consider us again during your next trip to our area.

Been to Travelodge Savannah? Share your experiences!