You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah-Midtown to your Saves list
Ranked #66 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Oklahoma
“Avoid!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We usually start at Country inn & suites because they are reliably good. Not this one! Black corners in the shower, mediocre service, horrible fruit salad, small, cramped breakfast room. This is the last Country Inn I don't know I have stayed at. Did I mention that it lies directly near a military airfield with loud chopper noise?

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Barbara A, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah-Midtown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear wiwa2015,
We apologize for the concerns that you shared about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate you alerting us to your concerns so that we may remedy these issues. We apologize that the airfield is located across the street, but hope that you feel safe knowing that our military is hard at work defending our freedom.
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Clarkston, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel itself was fine. The room was clean roomy and the bed was comfortable. The location was a letdown. It was farther from downtown Savannah than we were expecting and from what we were lead to believe. The neighborhood left little to be desired. I didn't feel real save. There was a military base right across the street. If you want to hear taps at night and revellee first thing in the morning, then this is the place for you. I wouldn't chose this hotel again.

Room Tip: Poor location
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Mary209,
We apologize that you did not like the location of our hotel, as we know different people have different preferences. We are surrounded by a myriad of restaurants and shopping and are six miles from the Historic District. We thank you for your stay.
north carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Emphasis on cleanliness and friendly service at this hotel. Located a pleasant 5 miles from the downtown historic section of Savannah. Room was comfortable, but mattress has seen it's share of guests who sit on the side. I slep toward the middle to avoid the bouncy/saggy part. Found out we were paying between $150 - $200 more for my 3 nights than friends in other rooms (we were there for a gathering of friends). When I inquired at the front desk before leaving, the explanation was I paid a higher rate for booking through the hotel, and the attendant said my friends booked through a 3rd party internet booking service. He offered no adjustment, and when I said I liked booking with hotel, he again said this is why I paid more. What I heard was, if you plan to stay with us and want the best rate, DON'T call us. If you go there, you might want to remember not to use their reservation service. During the reservation process, I asked more than once if there was a better rate and cited our being 70+ in age. Guess they didn't want to admit on the phone, I should book without contacting them to get the best rate. Next time I'll know better, but $150 - $200 is an expensive lesson. The room to $value rating for me is poor, but my friends at almost 50% less thought it was a great value.

Room Tip: 3rd floor was fine, except as noted above.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear asburydan40
We apologize for the concerns that you shared concerning your stay at our hotel. I am happy that in addition to the points that you earned toward a free night stay by booking directly with Carlson, I was able to award you additional points that your friends were not eligible to earn. we do appreciate you alerting us to your concerns.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel needs major updating. The carpets are dirty and there is a bad smell in the hotel common areas. There is a trash can next to the elevator which were never emptied. The bed linens are too big and the bed skirt were on the floor because they were not fitted. The guy in the front desk tried to charge me $5 for the complimentary shuttle provided by old Savannah trolley tours. There were also no tea bags during the day time. I would not stay here again

Dear Tesglobal,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The shuttle downtown is not complimentary. They will not allow you to board without a boarding pass. If you take their tour, they will take the price off of the price of your tour. If you do not take their tour, they will charge more for the ride downtown. This company is completely separate from the hotel, and we sell their boarding passes as a courtesy. We apologize for the concerns that you shared about your stay.
Montreal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is OK, but not great. Overall it was OK. But the hotel is in need of renovations. It's old. And it wasn't dirty but the rooms could have been cleaner. The bed skirts were out of whack and one could easily trip on them.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Barbara A, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah-Midtown, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear nwwmontreal,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I will alert the management and housekeeping teams to your concerns. We do have plans for renovations and hope that if you return to our area you will visit us again so that we may exceed your expectations!
Director of Sales

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah-Midtown? Share your experiences!