You added Courtyard by Marriott Savannah Historic District to your Saves list
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago
“Decent stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

So we have stayed at this hotel for one night during our visit to Savannah! The location of the hotel is ok. It's walking distance to all major attractions. It's a typical Courtyard hotel that is simple and clean. The gym is small. The staff is helpful. There is no free parking on site. They do valet parking for all cars.

The lobby is nice and they have free coffee/teas and iced tea and water in the lobby. I really enjoy hanging out at the lobby area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
ErinGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Savannah Historic District, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear ayu312,

Thank you for staying with us and providing your feedback on TripAdvisor. We're glad you were pleased with our hotel and were able to take advantage of hanging out in the lobby--that is one of my favorite places too.

Please come back and see us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Taunton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Warm welcome on arrival for our coach party reminded me more of a b&b rather than an international chain hotel. Reception laid on for us consisting of iced tea and cookies! Good standard accommodation with clean comfortable rooms and friendly staff. Highly recomend this hotel in a delightful southern state city.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Vicky123881,

We're so glad your bus tour group stayed with us. We always enjoy having our tour groups and love to do welcome receptions to let you relax after a long bus ride.

Whether you come back on a tour or on your own, we'd love to welcome you back with open arms.

In the meantime, take care of yourself for us.
Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights during Memorial weekend. Price for hotel does not match quality of hotel & yes I am aware that they charge in line with others in area charge for Holidays but, they are nothing special. When we checked in we asked for a high floor room & where told there were non. The 2nd party we were with checked in after we did & made same request & they were granted the high floor room, same size room we had. Needless to say we were not happy but, did not make a fuss. The so call bar was never open & when we did go on Sat night we sat there & bar tender saw us but would not look up until hubby asked if they were open & we received a snappy NO! Again we did not make a fuss. Nicest part was housekeeping, they were friendly & always had a smile. Them when we received our bill tried charging us for food, we never had their breakfast. They did adjust bill. Actions speak louder than words, we will not stay at this location again.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here, ask for a room to the left of building (as you walk in). Not that they m...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear LSMTravels,

I truly appreciate your feedback from your recent stay in Savannah, and truly apologetic for your experience. We strive to exceed your expectations--and ours--and clearly we failed you.

Should you ever wish to give us a second chance, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Regards.
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I booked this hotel for an overnight getaway with out-of-town family. The price was exceedingly affordable and reasonable for the area in comparison to other more mainstream hotels in the area. The decor and atmosphere of the hotel are definitely updated--modern chic I would call it. When we arrived, the clerk who checked us in seemed friendly, but when I spoke with him a couple other times later in the evening regarding some questions and room requests that I had, he seemed like I was inconveniencing/disturbing him with my requests--even though they had to do with requesting a few additional towels, asking about a late check-out, and requesting for down-free pillows (even though I had requested all of these things with my reservation but received none of them initially). I will say that they were prompt in giving me extra towels (they were right at the front desk) and dropping off new pillows to my room (we only had to wait <5 minutes). The hotel lobby always had complementary iced tea, lemon water, hot water with tea bags, and hot coffee (regular and decaf) available, which was a nice treat, especially since the tap water had a sulfur smell to it (it seems like this in the case with a lot of coastal regions throughout SC, GA, and FL, so I do not fault the hotel). The hotel, as a whole, was clean. I would consider myself a hotel snob demanding that hotels be impeccably clean. My complaints regarding cleanliness include the fact that the linens seem a bit old and are in need of replacement. Both bath towels that my husband used were tattered and thread-bear. One had a giant rip in the middle. Both towels that I used and one of the tattered ones that my husband used had stains that could have used bleach to remove. The towels were definitely clean, but the stains were a little unpleasant despite knowing that the towels were clean. The bathtub could have used a little better of a cleaning to remove some of the soap-scum that looked like it had built up over time. Other than these minor concerns, I would say that it was an overall clean hotel. The location is not in the heart of the historic district, but it is conveniently located for entering and exiting the area by car. It is across the street from the Civic Center. It is located in a quite area of the city. We were never disturbed by any noise. It was about a 20 minute (very convenient) drive to Tybee Island. Both Forsyth Park and the City Market--each in opposite directions--were about a nice 10 minute walk from the hotel. Valet parking is $15 per day, which seems to begin at 3 pm and end the following day at 3 pm. So, as long as you remove your car by 3 pm the day that you are checking out, you can keep your car there even past the standard 12 noon check-out time. The parking attendants were very kind and responsible with our vehicle. There is a public parking garage the next block over (not sure of the cost), and there were a number of public parking meters around the city, but they typically only ran for 2-5 hours at a time. Other public parking garages were very highly priced, so I thought that the hotel parking price (and its convenience) was a bargain. While we did not partake, they do offer a breakfast buffet from $9.95/person. The hotel has a nice garden area and smaller outdoor swimming pool. As a whole and for the very affordable price that we paid, I would recommend this hotel and would return again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Deborah H,

I so much appreciate all of your feedback. I have shared your posting with our entire staff, as we do often, so they hear directly from the customer about their experience. There are always opportunities to do better, and honing in on the details is where we can learn.

We're glad we are the right choice for your hotel accommodations. There are so many options in Savannah, and we're honored you chose us.

We hope to see you in the near future. In the meantime, take care of yourself for us.
Decatur, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here with a large group for a soccer tournament. The hotel is in a great location, easy access to freeway and walking distance to everything in historic district. Plenty of restaurants, cafés, shops, and historic sites around to see. The hotel lobby is inviting, clean, and modern. The staff were often out from behind their desks to greet guests as they arrive daily, and we're always smiling and offering assistance.

Our room--a king suite--was spacious and nicely furnished, and although there were some signs of wear on wood furnishings, the carpet and upholstery were clean and new-ish. Our balcony overlooked the pool courtyard area, which was lovely to view from above as well as read a book or relax on during the cooler parts of the day.

There's a small pool and fire pit, and hot tub inside along with a small but well-appointed and clean fitness center.

Breakfast was a buffet including fresh fruit, yogurt, scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage, bacon, biscuits and gravy, assorted pastries, cold cereal, oatmeal, and a waffle station.

The only glitch was the hotel overbooked for Saturday night, and some members of our group, who had already paid for their room, were turned away. They tried to get them into other hotels in Savannah, but they were also booked.

Also, the parking situation is not ideal. You pay $15/day for parking and it's all valet--you cannot get your car yourself. This became a problem when our group had to leave at the same time. We had wait times of 35 minutes and more to get our car. We even staggered our departures and carpooled, and called ahead before coming to the front to wait. We ended up buying a Savannah visitors parking pass for $12/2 days, and could park at any metered spot, city-owned lot or deck. That was much better than the valet.

Overall our stay was great and is definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear decaturtravelgirl,

We're so thrilled the soccer kids (and their parents) decided to stay with us. I do apologize for the overbooking incident on Saturday. If it was up to us, we wouldn't have let it happen, an we're so sorry it caused inconvenience to you and the group.

We have worked on different strategies when groups of people need their vehicles at the same time. We look at that challenge as an opportunity to learn and improve.

Thank you so much for the feedback and for staying with us. We hope you'll come back again soon.
Cocoa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed for one night at this hotel in April. After a long day of driving we arrived at about 9pm, checked in, and were told we could either use the hotel valet parking garage for an extra charge, or park on the street where we would get a ticket by 6am. Gee, what great options! Had I been told ahead of time that there was no free parking on premises would have been one thing, but to be told upon arrival and in such a smarmy way is nothing more than highway robbery. Plus they were so very pushy about it. The next morning, I go downstairs for coffee and breakfast only to find that the same continental breakfast that every other hotel I've ever stayed at offers for free, that had an extra charge as well. Further, when I wanted to take a piece of fruit up to the room for my wife, they wanted to charge me for an entire breakfast for her as well. Yeah, no thanks. The nearest restaurant that is open for breakfast is over a mile away, so they know they have a captive audience to milk every dime they can get. I came to Savannah to have a relaxing time, not become a victim of strong arm robbery. Because of the total lack of business ethics I will NEVER stay at another Marriott property again. I'm sure this review will get some sort of dodgy response from management but just know that there is no excuse for shady business practices like this and should be illegal.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear imdcoconutmonkey,

I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay with us in Savannah. With all of the hotels in the Historic District, we too charge for valet parking. In addition, along with our brand of hotels, we have always, and will always charge for breakfast, ours being a full hot buffet breakfast, not just continental. Had I known while you were here you didn't find value in the services we offer, I would have gladly worked with you. We do post our fees--including valet parking and breakfast--on our website.

Since we are not a good option for you, we hope you will find a hotel during your travels that best suits your needs.
Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Well-maintained with friendly staff, this Courtyard Marriott not only gave you a historic southern feel it gave you all the comforts of the most modern of hotels. The room was a little small, but if you are spending a lot of time in it, you are missing out on a beautiful city. A comfortable and tech-friendly lobby where you don't mind stopping and sitting for a spell. When you're ready to venture out, you are only steps from the history and beauty of historic Savannah. I never needed my car. Food, shopping and even the river were within walking distance. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the front of the hotel facing historic Savannah
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear 4Aoife,

Thank you for your comments and rating on TripAdvisor. We certainly appreciate the positive remarks. I'm glad to hear you love our property and location as much as we do. Come back anytime.

In the meantime, and while you're away from us, take care of yourself for us.

Regards.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Savannah Historic District? Share your experiences!